Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: TRADE: Cavs trade Andrew Bynum, picks to Bulls for Luol Deng

As much as I love this team direction I'm still hoping we can package Varejao and Jack for something. I just want to get rid of Jack and Andy is a good piece but I'd like to see what we could get for him.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    As much as I love this team direction I'm still hoping we can package Varejao and Jack for something. I just want to get rid of Jack and Andy is a good piece but I'd like to see what we could get for him.
    We'd have to get a big back, although I must admit... I've liked what Zeller has done since he came back from injury. When he gets in the game, the tempo kicks up immediately. He's really good at running the floor and his all-around game has improved quite a bit since his rookie season.

Still, he's not a starting center on a good team. More like a rotational big.

We could go all-in on the "win now" model and take a stab at Zach Randolph. I'm not a big fan of a move like that, personally, but it's something to think about.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    We'd have to get a big back, although I must admit... I've liked what Zeller has done since he came back from injury. When he gets in the game, the tempo kicks up immediately. He's really good at running the floor and his all-around game has improved quite a bit since his rookie season.

Still, he's not a starting center on a good team. More like a rotational big.

We could go all-in on the "win now" model and take a stab at Zach Randolph. I'm not a big fan of a move like that, personally, but it's something to think about.
    I love Zbo but he wouldn't fit next to Thompson and I would prefer to keep him. I can't think of a trade that makes sense so it's more likely we keep Varejao which I don't really have a problem with.

Get it done Cavs.

New York gets: Jack and Varejao (Jack can take J.R. Smith's spot_
    Cavaliers get: Tyson Chandler

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mmlbkkw

andy fits so well on this team, the ball movement would be much much worse without him. not to mention his rebounding and defense.

id want a big talent upgrade if we are giving up andy.

i have no problem moving jarret jack along. so far this season, delly has been just as good, if not better than jack. plus, with the deng trade, i assume that marks the end of the 3 guard lineups, so one of them is going to be getting a few less minutes, from this point onwards.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    andy fits so well on this team, the ball movement would be much much worse without him. not to mention his rebounding and defense.

id want a big talent upgrade if we are giving up andy.

i have no problem moving jarret jack along. so far this season, delly has been just as good, if not better than jack. plus, with the deng trade, i assume that marks the end of the 3 guard lineups, so one of them is going to be getting a few less minutes, from this point onwards.
    I know, up until pretty recently, Delly had the same PER as Oladipo. I think Victor has edged ahead of him recently, but they're still pretty close.

Delly has been a really great pickup. Truth is, with how bad this draft class has been, he has probably been one of the best rookies in the league so far this season. And, what he brings to a team is often hard to quantify using statistics. He reminds me of a guard version of Andy.

As disappointing as Bennett has been and even Karasev to a lesser extent, Delly's play has helped make up for them.

He makes Jack completely expendable, imo. I was initially excited about the Jack signing, but now it seems pretty obvious that he's a redundant with Dion/Kyrie. Delly is a much better change of pace guy, actually.

I agree with you about Andy, btw. He's a glue guy and I suspect he'll be even more vital now that we have Deng rounding out the starting five. The only way I trade him is if we have a chance to get younger at the position.

Default Re: BREAKING: DENG to Cleveland

Bump.

Free SPK