Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269 ... LastLast
    ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Im playing online a lot this week, and the only thing that bothers me are those ****ing rockets in races, that you can pick up. I mean, come on. Its not that I get hit a lot, but to put some SuperMario Kart- like shit in a GTA game is beyond stupid.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Im playing online a lot this week, and the only thing that bothers me are those ****ing rockets in races, that you can pick up. I mean, come on. Its not that I get hit a lot, but to put some SuperMario Kart- like shit in a GTA game is beyond stupid.
    Sounds like you're playing GTA races. There's two different modes you can play. A regular race (no weapons) and GTA race (weapons).

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
    Sounds like you're playing GTA races. There's two different modes you can play. A regular race (no weapons) and GTA race (weapons).
    Yes, I know that, but the jerks who are hosting it are always some stupid kids who find it great to have those kind of stuff in games like GTA.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Yes, I know that, but the jerks who are hosting it are always some stupid kids who find it great to have those kind of stuff in games like GTA.
    But.. if you don't like that game mode, then don't play it. There are plenty of normal races to join or host.

It's safe to say this game didn't live up to the hype. I haven't touched Online in over a week. Last time I tried playing it, I got bored and turned off the game.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    It's safe to say this game didn't live up to the hype. I haven't touched Online in over a week. Last time I tried playing it, I got bored and turned off the game.
    I agree bro.

I haven't touched this game in a bout a week also. I haven't even finished the story

Banned

This game is great Online if you have real life friends to play with. If you join random games to play with strangers, you'll get bored. This is the same concept for every game with Online play.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I finally took the time to sit down and binge on this game appropriately. Most of Saturday I played, which put me in a spot where I was jonesing to play on Sunday. So I skipped the 1:00 football games and played, then played after the 4s ended until 9:00. That's a long run of playing for me.

I finally sunk my teeth into it enough to really start enjoying it. The detail of the city is incredible. I spent my first week mostly driving around exploring, yet I'm still finding fascinating things all throughout the map.

I like the blue dot randoms. I started doing as much side stuff as possible. I've not bought any properties except my first purchase of The Henhouse, as my aim is to max out my money to use it in the stock purchases for the assassination missions.

That has pushed me to focus on main story missions however. And in spite of the size of the map, and variety of extra activities. I still don't feel as free to explore the story in a variety of ways as I did during those first games. And I'm still not sure how much I like the 3 characters thing. Sometimes it feels pretty gimicky.

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
    This game is great Online if you have real life friends to play with. If you join random games to play with strangers, you'll get bored. This is the same concept for every game with Online play.
    Wtf? I love how you just made an assumption instead of just verifying whether or not I played with randoms or friends. I did play with friends at all times. The game is just repetitive. I expected it to be better. My real life friends expected it to be better.
    I don't know if R* has made any changes, such as finally adding heists, but whatever. Shit is a huge disappointment. It feels like all R* cares about is profiting here and they know they can't if the missions pay well or the heists are great. They won't be able to sell their cash packs then.
    I want this game to succeed because I've been a GTA fan since III, but I don't want to waste any more time on this game. Until major changes are made, it's not worth dwelling back into the GTA Online world.

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Single player was okay, but online is awesome. I'm definitely addicted to it, I need to be careful. I can spend hours in free mode without even realizing it.

Banned

What do you do online most of the time? I've only really free-roamed and done races to level up with my friends, but I like team deathmatch a lot, whether I'm with someone or not. I have yet to start doing the missions as well, apart from the mandatory one at the start.

Banned

Wtf? I love how you just made an assumption instead of just verifying whether or not I played with randoms or friends. I did play with friends at all times. The game is just repetitive. I expected it to be better. My real life friends expected it to be better.
    I don't know if R* has made any changes, such as finally adding heists, but whatever. Shit is a huge disappointment. It feels like all R* cares about is profiting here and they know they can't if the missions pay well or the heists are great. They won't be able to sell their cash packs then.
    I want this game to succeed because I've been a GTA fan since III, but I don't want to waste any more time on this game. Until major changes are made, it's not worth dwelling back into the GTA Online world.
    How ****ing ironic...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=256

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    How f*cking retarded are you, kid? Do you even know what "flop" means?

GTA V would've flopped if it didn't sell well. It clearly sold well. $1 billion in 3 days = it didn't flop. That doesn't mean it isn't a disappointment, though.

Shit, I'm so glad I deleted your stupid ass from my PSN. I don't think I'd have been able to handle how stupid you are. Please learn the difference between a 'flop' and a 'disappointment.'

When a movie is hyped up, it can still flop because people decide against watching it. When a video game is hyped up, it likely won't flop because people will buy copies of it and find out later how disappointing the game is. It still didn't flop because the f*cking game sold well.

I don't know what you Irish call 'flops,' but GTA V isn't a flop; it's just a disappointment.

Banned

How f*cking retarded are you, kid? Do you even know what "flop" means?

GTA V would've flopped if it didn't sell well. It clearly sold well. $1 billion in 3 days = it didn't flop. That doesn't mean it isn't a disappointment, though.

Shit, I'm so glad I deleted your stupid ass from my PSN. I don't think I'd have been able to handle how stupid you are. Please learn the difference between a 'flop' and a 'disappointment.'

When a movie is hyped up, it can still flop because people decide against watching it. When a video game is hyped up, it likely won't flop because people will buy copies of it and find out later how disappointing the game is. It still didn't flop because the f*cking game sold well.

I don't know what you Irish call 'flops,' but GTA V isn't a flop; it's just a disappointment.

Dammit, some internet stranger deleted me on PSN Why was it you that sent me the friend request in the first place then?

Meaning on Google...
    informal
    (of a performer or show) be completely unsuccessful; fail totally.
    "the show flopped in London"
    synonyms: be unsuccessful, fail, not work, fall flat, founder, misfire, backfire, be a disappointment, do badly, lose money, be a disaster, meet with disaster, come to grief, miss the mark, run aground; More
    I meant that definition of flop. Btw, I notice from you on this forum that you get mad as **** easily.

NBA Superstar

I still haven't hopped online yet. I'm attempting to 100% the single player. I must say, searching for letters, parts, and stunt jumps provides another level of depth to the world the storyline had no chance of fully revealing. It's been pretty fulfilling wandering the various landscapes never crossed during the story (ex: the muddy reservoir) and chilling and exploring. There's just so much out there to be discovered and appreciated.