Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: despite all the hype against it, can we all agree that Obamacare is a runaway success

WTF is obama care. show me the card. The patients with real medical cards get admitted and treated ahead of them

Default Re: despite all the hype against it, can we all agree that Obamacare is a runaway success

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness

Anyways, HepC is contracted from IV drug abuse in 90% of patients.

Should their $100,000 treatment regimen be paid for by taxpayers?
    great question starface - that reminds me of another aspect of healthcare in developed nations that the USA needs to adopt - perscription drug price caps. a quick googling shows that there is a ton of controversy over the price that gilead is charging for their hep c treatment.

should taxpayers pay a fair and reasonable price for this hep c treatment that adequately compensates the company for their R&D + the risks they took? yes

should taxpayers pay $100,000 for this hep c treatment? no

should drug users forfeit their right to medical treatment? no

should smokers forfeit their right to medical treatment? no

should fat people forfeit their right to medical treatment? no

should poor people forfeit their right to medical treatment? no
    Last edited by Nanners; 08-27-2014 at 01:43 AM.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    great question starface - that reminds me of another aspect of healthcare in developed nations that the USA needs to adopt - perscription drug price caps. a quick googling shows that there is a ton of controversy over the price that gilead is charging for their hep c treatment.

should taxpayers pay a fair and reasonable price for this hep c treatment that adequately compensates the company for their R&D + the risks they took? yes

should taxpayers pay $100,000 for this hep c treatment? no

should drug users forfeit their right to medical treatment? no

should smokers forfeit their right to medical treatment? no

should fat people forfeit their right to medical treatment? no

should poor people forfeit their right to medical treatment? no

You're insane. "Right to medical treatment"?

The prices are high because of the government, lol.

If a smoker decides to stop taking his medication, taxpayers should pay for his expensive hospital admission?

If a HF patient decides to stop taking his medication, taxpayers should pay for his expensive hospital admission?

If a DM patient decides to stop taking his medication, taxpayers should pay for his expensive hospital admission?

I guess taxpayers should, since it's in your bill of rights.

The prices are high because of the government, lol.
    correct, sort of.

the prices are high because the government allows pharma and private insurance lobbyists to write the laws and regulations.

I guess taxpayers should, since it's in your bill of rights.
    yes they should. in virtually every developed nation on this planet, citizens have a right to taxpayer funded healthcare. this is no different from how americans have a right to taxpayer funded education, police, firefighting, and a variety of other social services.
    Last edited by Nanners; 08-27-2014 at 02:14 AM.

correct, sort of.

the prices are high because the government allows pharma and private insurance lobbyists to write the laws and regulations.

yes they should. in virtually every developed nation on this planet, citizens have a right to taxpayer funded healthcare. this is no different from how americans have a right to taxpayer funded education, police, firefighting, and a variety of other social services we take for granted in this country.
    I will not argue that governments should fund military, roads, bridges, protecting the environment, schools (even though our K-12 public school system is complete garbage), and much more.

However, I strongly believe that long-term poor lifestyle choices (such as IV drug abuse, obesity, and smoking) should not be rewarded with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of goods and services (drugs/healthcare costs).

However, I strongly believe that long-term poor lifestyle choices (such as IV drug abuse, obesity, and smoking) should not be rewarded with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of goods and services (drugs/healthcare costs).
    and what about all of the grey area between poor lifestyle and random chance? who/what is going to decide which medical needs are legitimate and which are undeserved? let me guess - obamas death panel

and what about all of the grey area between poor lifestyle and random chance? who/what is going to decide which medical treatments are legitimate and which are undeserved? let me guess - obamas death panel
    I don't know what Obama's death panel is. But I do know that even with "Obamacare", some healthcare costs are covered and others are not. For example, plastic surgeries for those born with physical "defects".

There isn't a lot of grey area. Smoking is the #1 cause of HF and COPD. Obesity is the #1 cause of CVD/DM. These are lifestyle choices.

Heart Disease and Stroke: $432 billion/year.
    Diabetes: $174 billion/year.
    Lung Disease: $154 billion/year.

Random chance is not on that list, but yeah, this is what health insurance is for.

There isn't a lot of grey area.
    i know you see the world in black and white starface, but there actually is a lot of grey area.

you keep saying smoking is the #1 cause of COPD. do you know the #2 cause of COPD? its air pollution.

so if someone who lives in a polluted city like LA or Houston smokes cigs in their 20s, quits smoking in their 30s, then gets COPD in their 50s, what should we do then? do we cover their healthcare?
    Last edited by Nanners; 08-27-2014 at 02:38 AM.

i know you see the world in black and white starface, but there actually is a lot of grey area.
    Again, I don't know who starface is - kinda getting annoying that you keep mentioning him.

I don't see the world in black and white, but what I'm saying has very little grey area... obesity and smoking are lifestyle choices that lead to:

Heart Disease and Stroke: $432 billion/year.
    Diabetes: $174 billion/year.
    Lung Disease: $154 billion/year.

From what I said, please tell me about the lot of grey area.

you keep saying smoking is the #1 cause of COPD. do you know the #2 cause of COPD? its air pollution.

so if someone who lives in a polluted city like LA or Houston smokes cigs in their 20s, quits smoking in their 30s, then gets COPD in their 50s, what should we do then? do we cover their healthcare?
    He is 50 years old. He can purchase the healthcare he chooses. COPD maintenance medications are probably 5% of his total salary, and if he works, he probably has insurance. Why should the government step in?

He is 50 years old. He can purchase the healthcare he chooses. COPD maintenance medications are probably 5% of his total salary, and if he works, he probably has insurance. Why should the government step in?
    because starface, i think healthcare should be a right, treated no differently than things like public education.

because starface, i think healthcare should be a right, treated no differently than things like public education.

You think that healthcare should be a right, but should all plastic surgery be covered by taxpayers? It is considered healthcare. who/what is going to decide which medical needs are legitimate and which are undeserved? let me guess - obamas death panel

I hope you understand how annoying/uninformed you sound.

just give it up starface. i have been posting here for 5 years and lurking for even longer. i can recognize your weak ass bullshit from a mile away.

cosmetic surgery is not the same as "healthcare", and really its pretty obvious how this kind of thing should be dealt with.

do you want big tits? you pay for them.

were you born with a birth defect or injured injured in a freak accident and your face is all ****ed up? taxpayers got your back.
    Last edited by Nanners; 08-27-2014 at 03:10 AM.

Banned

In the long term it means people can abuse the system and receive more benefits for their bullshit.

Also no doctor wants an Obamacare system