Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Content with roster, Bulls stand pat at trade deadline

Upgrayedd, do you have any knowledge of the CBA or how the salary cap works?

After Chicago dealt Deng to save money, it was pretty clear there wasn't going to be another move to make the team better. The FO has put the team in a flexible position, looking forward to this offseason.

It's clear that this team won't win a Championship without their franchise player, so what exactly did you expect Chicago to do? Trade an expiring contract for multiple year contracts? That's an absolutely terrible idea. The Bulls had just moved Deng to save money, why would they make another move to spend more money?

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

I just really liked the Hinrich for Harrison Barnes trade that was rumored.

And like I said earlier, either tank and try and get a good pick in the draft or if you're going to play well and really try and make the playoffs like the Bulls seem to be doing then do something to improve the team this season and see how far you can go in the playoffs this season.
    Last edited by Upgrayedd; 02-24-2014 at 02:47 AM.

College superstar

I get the sense from scanning through posts that many people are (partially) blinded by recent events, and their own optimism.

I LOVE how the Bulls have been playing lately, but I"m REALISTIC in recognizing that they will not win a title this year, and likely not next. Changes need to be made. The FO is too... content?... to be competitive, rather than risking competitiveness to shoot for greatness (with the obvious caveat that failing means being terrible).

Look, the league is set up where it is easy to be mediocre-to-good, but very, very hard to be great. Risks need to be taken, gambles need to pay off. But if you are unwilling to risk, or gamble, then you won't be great. This FO is too risk-averse.

I'd let them run my portfolio, but I'd rather they not run my team.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I get the sense from scanning through posts that many people are (partially) blinded by recent events, and their own optimism.

I LOVE how the Bulls have been playing lately, but I"m REALISTIC in recognizing that they will not win a title this year, and likely not next. Changes need to be made. The FO is too... content?... to be competitive, rather than risking competitiveness to shoot for greatness (with the obvious caveat that failing means being terrible).

Look, the league is set up where it is easy to be mediocre-to-good, but very, very hard to be great. Risks need to be taken, gambles need to pay off. But if you are unwilling to risk, or gamble, then you won't be great. This FO is too risk-averse.

I'd let them run my portfolio, but I'd rather they not run my team.
    You made some valid points and I am very eager to know from you, the specifics on the risks that they should make.
    Trade Rose, Noah etc? to get who?
    The team's lineup looked pretty good before the season started, eventhough I felt they should have kept Marco and Nate.
    ANY team would surely fail to win it all if their top superstar goes down for the season.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 02-27-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

The risks they need to take is going after that second superstar to team up with Rose. Even if it means trading away Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson and using the amnesty to get rid of Boozer. The only two must keep players on this team are Rose and Noah. No one else should be off limits in a trade involving someone like a Kevin Love or Carmelo Anthony.