Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: When asked how Kobe-LA pairing would work, Kobe wanted to still be the first option

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    He was leading the league in scoring before he went down this season. Why can't he be the first option??
    because he will go down again?

are you stupid or what? his body can't take being a first option anymore.

Default Re: When asked how Kobe-LA pairing would work, Kobe wanted to still be the first option

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Yeah......instead he chose to ring chase at the beginning of his career.
    by joining the powerhouse 95 lakers

shaq signed after kobe demanded to play for this favorite franchise growing up, so if anyone ring chased it's shaq (:

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

wait i thought Gasol carried Kobe, was FMVP and so on..

so if Kobe wants the dynamic between him and LMA to be the same as it was with Pau.. then what's the problem..??

you idiots only choose to push this agenda when it suits you.. anything to hate on Kobe..

should have said Shaq and Kobe Dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    wait i thought Gasol carried Kobe, was FMVP and so on..

so if Kobe wants the dynamic between him and LMA to be the same as it was with Pau.. then what's the problem..??

you idiots only choose to push this agenda when it suits you.. anything to hate on Kobe..
    Real Lakers fans on the forum must hate you. Kobe is destroying the Lakers' future and all you care about is haters' opinions of him.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Press want to make it about Kobe because it brings more clickers and feed the Kobe hate around but the fact is Kobe barely spoke in the meeting, LMA is 30 years old and don't have a ring yet, with or without Kobe the Lakers aren't contenders anytime soon. Besides, people who conducted the meeting chose to talk about business instead of basketball.
    Kobe is irrelevant for LMA choosing another team.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! Finally somebody can see what happened here. Media always look for the juicy headlines which generally is all false.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Real Lakers fans on the forum must hate you. Kobe is destroying the Lakers' future and all you care about is haters' opinions of him.
    pointing out the ridiculous double standard held against Kobe her after every thread made the past few days have been negative towards Kobe/the lakers = "not a real laker fan"

ok dumbass

It's funny, the quote in the OP doesn't seem to match the thread title.

Kobe had great chemistry with Pau. LMA has some similarities to Pau (skilled big man, good scorer, good midrange jumper, etc), so they could perhaps have a similar dynamic in terms of running the pick n roll and such. That's all he meant. Only retard Kobe detractors think he was trying to insult LMA.

Kobe was likely speaking in X's and O's, not ESPN first take bullshit like you idiots here.

Maybe guys should look at from a basketball perspective instead of regurgitating what Skip Bayless says.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 07-03-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    pointing out the ridiculous double standard held against Kobe her after every thread made the past few days have been negative towards Kobe/the lakers = "not a real laker fan"

ok dumbass
    You care wayy to much of what retards think. Nobody really thinks Pau carried Kobe idiot. He's running off all their major free agents. And you're not a Lakers fan lol, just stop.

You care wayy to much of what retards think. Nobody really thinks Pau carried Kobe idiot. He's running off all their major free agents. And you're not a Lakers fan lol, just stop.

you don't know shit, jabroni
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 07-03-2015 at 01:34 PM.

He's running off all their major free agents.
    LMA didn't like that the Lakers presentation didn't have enough emphasis on basketball, and Kobe seemed to be the only one talking hoops, so you're wrong. It's been reported that LMA was not bothered by Kobe at all.

This is from a neutral perspective btw. Not a Lakers fan, but the media smear campaign against Kobe is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Yeah......instead he chose to ring chase at the beginning of his career.
    Bad troll post is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    While I agree that Kobe shouldn't be the first option on a team with LMA, consider that last year he was a 22/5.5/5.5 player.. at age 36. His FG% was horrendous, but how much of that can be attributed to the fact that he had arguably the third worst team in all of basketball? Give him another star to take some of the pressure off, and I can see Kobe doing a 23/4/6 campaign with 43-47% shooting (but still no D).

First option? Again, no. But I'm not even a stan, much less a crazy one
    Can we stop with the 47% while scoring 23 ppg?

Kobe has NEVER, read it again, NEVER shot 47% in his career...Not once.

So, no one in hell he shoots 47% on 23 ppg ever, in his life. Sorry bruh, not ever gonna happen.

I could, however, see a Kobe campaign of 22-4-5 with 45%

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    It's funny, the quote in the OP doesn't seem to match the thread title.

Kobe had great chemistry with Pau. LMA has some similarities to Pau (skilled big man, good scorer, good midrange jumper, etc), so they could perhaps have a similar dynamic in terms of running the pick n roll and such. That's all he meant. Only retard Kobe detractors think he was trying to insult LMA.

Kobe was likely speaking in X's and O's, not ESPN first take bullshit like you idiots here.

Maybe guys should look at from a basketball perspective instead of regurgitating what Skip Bayless says.
    I'm pretty sure they're talking about the fact that Kobe wants to remain the #1 option alongside LMA...Get it, now? lol

Kobe in 2010 (6 years ago) made sense to be #1 option
    Kobe in 2016 WITH LMA does NOT make sense to be #1 option

Last 2 seasons LMA put up:

23 ppg on 47%
    23 ppg on 46%

And he is 29. Not 36. And he didn't shoot 37% FG like Kobe last year, too

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    I'm pretty sure they're talking about the fact that Kobe wants to remain the #1 option alongside LMA...Get it, now? lol

Kobe in 2010 (6 years ago) made sense to be #1 option
    Kobe in 2016 WITH LMA does NOT make sense to be #1 option

Last 2 seasons LMA put up:

23 ppg on 47%
    23 ppg on 46%

And he is 29. Not 36. And he didn't shoot 37% FG like Kobe last year, too
    He did get bodied by Memphis in the playoffs though, what were his percentages again?