Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default When asked how Kobe-LA pairing would work, Kobe wanted to still be the first option

Got this from realgm

Ramona Shelburne ✔ @ramonashelburne
    Told that Aldridge asked @kobebryant how he thought they would play together and Kobe compared it to his dynamic w/ Pau

Kobe could only be implying that he still wants to be the first option. Yes Pau was huge but Kobe was still the first option, everyone knows that. Kobe can no longer be the first option on a contending team, even the craziest Kobe stan has to admit this...

If true, I don't understand Kobe...You should be trying to get people to play with you if you want to win, not saying things to make them not want to play with you.
    Last edited by Dro; 07-03-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Default Re: When asked how Kobe-LA pairing would work, Kobe wanted to still be the first option

Kobe= the definition of Alpha

Default Re: When asked how Kobe-LA pairing would work, Kobe wanted to still be the first option

Kobe is all about himself first. Always been that way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Kobe= the definition of Alpha
    Incorrect-o sir,

Being a life-long Laker Nation fan, I can speak for the fanbase. Majority of fans believe that Kobe Mamba has become an anchor dragging this team down! We want to be in the playoffs again!

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Incorrect-o sir,

Being a life-long Laker Nation fan, I can speak for the fanbase. Majority of fans believe that Kobe Mamba has become an anchor dragging this team down! We want to be in the playoffs again!
    You ran out of diсks available for sucking?

Kobe pls

At this point of his career, he should accept being more of a vocal leader. He even admitted last season that he's physically incapable of doing the things he was once able to. He needs to accept a lesser role and allow more team ball, now that he has a decent core around him.

Press want to make it about Kobe because it brings more clickers and feed the Kobe hate around but the fact is Kobe barely spoke in the meeting, LMA is 30 years old and don't have a ring yet, with or without Kobe the Lakers aren't contenders anytime soon. Besides, people who conducted the meeting chose to talk about business instead of basketball.
    Kobe is irrelevant for LMA choosing another team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Asiantastic
    Kobe pls

At this point of his career, he should accept being more of a vocal leader. He even admitted last season that he's physically incapable of doing the things he was once able to. He needs to accept a lesser role and allow more team ball, now that he has a decent core around him.
    Agreed. He is no longer The Black Mamba that he once was... Master shot-jacker... Now he struggles to hoist them up that which he did with ease in the past...

It's time to adapt Mr. Bryant! Adapt to perish!

Aldridge as a #1 option is not gonna win more than a round in the West. That being said, Kobe is hardly a 1st option as well. But he is still an alpha. Much respects to Mamba for not ring chasing at the end of his career.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Kobe Is Done..................

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Got this from realgm

Kobe could only be implying that he still wants to be the first option. Yes Pau was huge but Kobe was still the first option, everyone knows that. Kobe can no longer be the first option on a contending team, even the craziest Kobe stan has to admit this...

If true, I don't understand Kobe...You should be trying to get people to play with you if you want to win, not saying things to make them not want to play with you.
    While I agree that Kobe shouldn't be the first option on a team with LMA, consider that last year he was a 22/5.5/5.5 player.. at age 36. His FG% was horrendous, but how much of that can be attributed to the fact that he had arguably the third worst team in all of basketball? Give him another star to take some of the pressure off, and I can see Kobe doing a 23/4/6 campaign with 43-47% shooting (but still no D).

First option? Again, no. But I'm not even a stan, much less a crazy one

He was leading the league in scoring before he went down this season. Why can't he be the first option??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    He was leading the league in scoring before he went down this season. Why can't he be the first option??
    Real Lakers fans like myself KNOW Kobe can't be a 1st option. He needs to either retire, or take a back seat!

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Aldridge as a #1 option is not gonna win more than a round in the West. That being said, Kobe is hardly a 1st option as well. But he is still an alpha. Much respects to Mamba for not ring chasing at the end of his career.
    Yeah......instead he chose to ring chase at the beginning of his career.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Its not so much about LMA being the 1st option as it is about Kobe still wanting to be the 1st option instead of playing a more team oriented game. I don't really think LMA is all that either and I don't think he'll carry you to a championship but I just don't understand why wouldn't try to get the best players you can get in your last year. Unless Kobe just doesn't really care about winning anymore and is playing for personal accolades......