Exclamation Raptors sign Cory Joseph; 4 years/$30 million

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...0-million-deal

The*Toronto Raptors*have reached agreement on a four-year, $30 million deal with point guard*Cory Joseph, league sources told ESPN on Sunday.

The contract will have a player option for the fourth season.

Joseph leaves the*San Antonio Spurs, where he backed up*Tony Parker*for the first four years of his career.

The deal was made possible after the Spurs pulled a qualifying offer to Joseph Sunday, making him an unrestricted free agent in an effort to generate cap space to sign*LaMarcus Aldridge.

The move to Toronto represents a homecoming for the 23-year-old Joseph, who was born in Toronto.

Joseph put together a breakout season in 2014-15 for the Spurs, playing in 79 games and posting career bests in almost every major statistical category. Joseph connected on 50.4 percent from the field and hit 36.4 percent of his 3-point attempts, while averaging 6.8 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game.

According to Basketball-Reference.com, Joseph recorded an offensive rating of 115 and a 104 rating on defense.

Default Re: Raptors sign Cory Joseph; 4 years/$30 million

As I thought would happen in the Raptors offseason thread, the Raptors sign Cory Joseph. I worried when Masai said he would have a Canadian on the team, but I really like Cory Joseph's game defensively. He will be a better fit on this team than Lou Williams.

Now, the Raptor's have improved dramatically on the defensive side this year. I wonder who steps up on the offensive side to make up for Lou and Vasquez offence last year. I think Cory Joseph will get a bigger role offensively and Valancuinas as well.