Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default A look into the future.

Handsbrough, fields, hayes, amir, and Sweet Lou stiesma are free agents.

Big questions are can Bruno and Bebe work into rotation players next year.

I think Toronto will bring back chuck hayes on vet min. deal. hands, fields and stiesma will all probably be let go.
    I think it is very likely that Amir will be resigned for sure. Sweet Lou is a 50/50 call right now.

Let's say we resign Lou and Amir, I would like to sign them on one year contracts to leave us flexibility for summer of 2016.

2016 expirers, lou, amir, hayes, James Johnson, Grievas Vazquez. Ross and Val could be restricted free agents and Derozen could opt out.

Raps have 2 first rounders, in 2016 with one being the knicks/nuggets pick. With an increasing cap, hosting the all-star game and a young improving roster things could be very good for Rap fans. Of course, a lot of things would have to fall into place.

Default Re: A look into the future.

Lou probably wants more money and a starting position somewhere else. If we keep the Derozan/Val core together, then we can acquire Wiggins after his rookie deal expires (or will he be restricted?). Either way, Wiggins needs to come here. If we were Wiggins, wouldn't we? I'd come to Toronto asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Lou probably wants more money and a starting position somewhere else. If we keep the Derozan/Val core together, then we can acquire Wiggins after his rookie deal expires (or will he be restricted?). Either way, Wiggins to come here. If we were Wiggins, wouldn't we? I'd come to Toronto asap.
    At this point in time, Lou Williams has started 54 of a possible 610 games in his entire career. The man doesn't care about starting, whatsoever. I'm sure he does want to get paid, especially after 2 years removed from an ACL tear. It could go either way with management bringing him back or not.

And Wiggins is probably staying in Minnesota for 7-8 seasons unless he decides to do a qualifying offer for 5 years and he gets traded to another team before becoming a FA. I doubt says no to the money. Minnesota can match any offer and they will if he continues to pan out the way he is.

Local High School Star

Too hard to predict.. most of all of the above.

Agreed that G Steisma, Landry Fields, Cedric Hayes, T Hansborough probably do not fit the long term aims of the organization... but that is about all we can say with certainty "I think".

Amir ~

If you have any memory most experts say we overpaid Amir back in the day because we were Toronto and not a winning franchise. I hope Amir wants to stay here as an elder statements and takes a mid term deal i.e. 3 - 4 years for a very reasonable amount a'la Alvin Williams (?? $15 million 3 years ?? Going by memory) .. the injury issues are actually similar.

Amir is not the answer as a starter tho.. not next season.

Respect ya Amir but play off the bench and forgo walking with a cane in 10 years.

Lou ~

Simply not sure. I have never heard or seen a rumor about what Lou wants. Lou must be the most "under stated" pending FA I have seen in a long time. I mean they guy is a sharp shooter and usually there are "some rumors" even if the guy plays the bench a lot...think of Jamal Crawford a couple years ago...there were at least some rumors.

I think Lou will stay if the contract offer is "close" and I doubt he will sign for more than 2 years to take advantage of a rising salary cap...

Wiggens ~

Umm lot a noise about this but I am not so sure.

Maybe he will be something really special but I don't think you see a guy return to his home city in the prime of his career "too often" and then be successful.

LBron is the obvious counter argument but the Knicks have over the years brought in a bunch of locals (aka Stefan Marbury) that never worked out.

Sometimes it also smells kinda desperate.

Is Masai U is going to build in the tradition of San Antonio Spurs... don't chase Wiggens

Amir and Lou will be resigned to similar deals Vas and PPat got to keep the rotation together. Probably 2-3 year deals worth around $6M per season. That would put us at around $60 million in total committed salary for 2015-2016 with Camby's buyout also expiring.

I can see Hayes, Hans and Fields all resigned to vet min deals. They are decent role players that can round out the bench. If they don't sign for the vet min they will be easily replaced by someone like Stiemsma or another cheap UFA. Plus we have another 2 draft picks and some players playing overseas like Daniels to look at.

I can't see Bebe or Bruno making the jump into the rotation next year. They both are still extremely raw from what I saw from them so far. Unless Bruno develops like Giannis and becomes a beast, but that is very unlikely as well.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    I can't see Bebe or Bruno making the jump into the rotation next year. They both are still extremely raw from what I saw from them so far. Unless Bruno develops like Giannis and becomes a beast, but that is very unlikely as well.
    Question : Is there any international or Euroball tourneys they can hone their craft in over the summer ??

I don't follow International close enough.

If Bruno / Bebe could actually get major minutes over the summer representing Brazil in some tourney that would be awesome.

AJ will leave as a FA.

LW will leave as a FA.

Think both of these guys are offered more elsewhere than MLSE will pay them.

TH, GS & LF aren't resigned.

Free agent (e.g., Millsap, Brandon Wright, Brandon Bass) signed.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

I actually hope we fall into the four seed in the East. Take on either the bucks or the Wiz. I'd take us in either series.

They have twenty five games to get it back together. I am confident they will get back to playing good ball. They need Lowry and Derozen playing ball or it won't really matter who we play.