Default All the Basketball players in the planet are thrown into a draft....

...who do you take over Anthony Davis? All players are in their current form.

I can't think of another guy I'd want on my squad. He's Dirk mixed with Tyson Chandler. He's KG mixed with Duncan. He's Dwight mixed with LMA. I knew he'd fill out and be a physical beast (you can tell who can gain the most muscle by looking at their shoulder width, Davis had those young Dwight shoulders), but I had no idea his midrange game was going to be so on point.

The only guys I could rationalize taking over him in a fantasy draft are Durant and Lebron, but Davis is only 21 and those guys are 26 and 30 respectively.

Default Re: All the Basketball players in the planet are thrown into a draft....

I'm taking Davis, as long as I have good reason to think he will be healthy most of his career.

Banned

Default Re: All the Basketball players in the planet are thrown into a draft....

Don't see how you could take anyone but Davis if starting a club from scratch. If you already have a decent team and are trying to win something right now maybe other guys have a case but for building a new club easily Davis.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Davis is #1 easily. He's just 21 and already a top 5 player.

If Durant suddenly becoming a little bit injury prone hadn't happened, then you could make a case for him being #1 since he's only 26 and has the type of game that should age very well into his mid-30s. And just going by the eye-skill test he's just as freakish in terms of skill and measurements as Davis. But yeah, Durant's string of injuries this season are concerning and the fact that Davis is just 21 should make AD the consensus #1 pick.

Anthony Davis and only because of age, if he was a couple of years older I would easily take KD.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    If Durant suddenly becoming a little bit injury prone hadn't happened, then you could make a case for him being #1 since he's only 26 and has the type of game that should age very well into his mid-30s. And just going by the eye-skill test he's just as freakish in terms of skill and measurements as Davis. But yeah, Durant's string of injuries this season are concerning and the fact that Davis is just 21 should make AD the consensus #1 pick.
    This. If someone ask this last year I would take KD.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    This. If someone ask this last year I would take KD.
    Now, if Durant bounces back this year and finally stays healthy after the All-Star break, and next season too, and gets back to playing like he did the last 3-4 seasons, then you could still make a case for him being #1 since he'll just be entering the early years of the time all-time greats start peaking.

I usually hit open layups

KD is the only player I'd consider over Davis at this point.