Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Mario Hezonja - Best European Prospect in 2015 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    See, when you want to, you come up with good analysis.

I didn't know that he's not much of a defender, but is he a very good athlete-as in speed, jumping ability(highlight dunks), etc..?

Because if he is a very good athlete, like I heard, then all it takes is effort on his part and coaching to make him good defensively.
    Yeah, he's athletic, but not the kind of athletic you are talking about. He's a run and jump and explosive athlete. He's not a move and lateral quickness athlete.

And just remember that I am the actual one telling the truth on that kind of stuff, because before Papanikolaou came to the NBA, remember all those people coming here and saying how "athletic" he was and remember i kept saying he was not athletic and he was slow as freaking hell?

Yeah well..............I WAS OBVIOUSLY TELLING THE TRUTH and was 100% RIGHT and all those people saying I was "lying" and "trolling" totally disappeared.

Like I said, Papanikolaou was the slowest small forward in Euroleague, that sure the hell is not "athletic", yet a whole bunch of people were coming here and trolling saying how he was "athletic", was "one of the most athletic players in Europe". blah blah blah

People don't understand how basic athleticism works I guess if they didn't play sports, or especially if they didn't play the actual sport we are discussing. And if some guy dunks or blocks a shot and there is a highlight of it, then he must be "athletic"...........

But no, that's actually an athletic play, it does not necessarily mean you are athletic.

So just trust what i am saying, as everything I said about Papanikolaou was true.

And if you will go back, EVERYTHING I said about Rubio has been proven true - NO ONE here even dares attempt to question or debate that now. And pretty much everything I said about Mirotic is already proven true, and even though some trolls tried to question that here a few times, everyone pretty much has already learned to keep their mouths shut on that too.

So what I am saying is - yes Hezonja is athletic, but it's all running to a certain spot and in a straight line, and jumping to explode to the basket. He really doesn't do much more than that, although he does have very good body control also around the basket, agility, and good quickness with the ball.

But he does not show much of anything in terms of quickness or speed laterally or movement with his feet. So you can't just say this nonsense like, "he is athletic so all the NBA coach has to do is coach him up and with effort he will be a good defender".

No..........because he does not have those tools physically, no matter how athletic he is. And he plays on a team and for a coach that absolutely DEMANDS defense and DEMANDS absolute effort on defense and that coaches players to all one to one and team defense and all fundamental aspects of it.

He is already getting the best coaching possible as it is.

This argument is the same nonsense people kept saying as, "once Rubio comes to the NBA and gets actual real pro coaches, and not those minor league coaches in Spain, he will actually learn to shoot." Yeah..........still waiting on that one.

It's just a bunch of bullshit. Hezonja is indeed athletic, and with proper technique and effort you can do good on defense, but he's always going to be a bit slow with his feet and a bit weak physically, and he's going to be a bit over sized as a two guard, so just slow in general in trying to defend.

So that does not translate into a "good defender". But like I said, in the NBA that's not really what teams are worried about or looking for these days with the reffing and the rules and the style of play out of a two guard. It just does not matter that much. You can always have a designated wing defender on the team anyway.

Teams really are looking for those two guards that can handle, pass, shoot, create their own shot, drive, create for others, shoot the 3, have long range - stuff like that. Hezonja fits all of that.

He's perfect in a team looking to play a certain style of basketball like the Warriors play. Put him in a system like that, where you can just shoot 3s all day and not worry about it, and he would be perfect. I don't think he fits as well in a team that is more structured, because he's definitely very, very trigger happy.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-05-2015 at 07:52 PM.

do you really think anyone will read that?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    do you really think anyone will read that?
    Seriously. This guy is a nut job. You give a prospect props and he bashes them. You don't give a prospect props, he praises them. It's like he drool whenever he sees a post to go against for virtually no reason.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Seriously. This guy is a nut job. You give a prospect props and he bashes them. You don't give a prospect props, he praises them. It's like he drool whenever he sees a post to go against for virtually no reason.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histri...ality_disorder