Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Melo is not a top 15 player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Dwight's missed 4 games already and is about to miss his 5th game tonight. He'd probably be at the tail end of the Top 15 on most.

And you're right about Wall. But other than that, the list is good. I don't know what you're cryin' about.
    Dwight has a good enough sample size to be in the top top 10
    Kobe is in yet no Melo? definitely Wall and Melo before Kobe, even Rudy Gay before Kobe.
    Gasol over Big Al for me, both atop of Kobe due to impact alone

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    Dwight has a good enough sample size to be in the top top 10
    Kobe is in yet no Melo? definitely Wall and Melo before Kobe, even Rudy Gay before Kobe.
    Gasol over Big Al for me, both atop of Kobe due to impact alone
    So you're basically calling his list terrible because Kobe, alone, is on it? I see your agenda now, boy.

So you're basically calling his list terrible because Kobe, alone, is on it? I see your agenda now, boy.

what agenda? the team sucks, and he chucking away. his impact is low compared to others.

everything is not about Kobe all the time, as you stans love to make

what agenda? the team sucks, and he chucking away. his impact is low compared to others.

everything is not about Kobe all the time, as you stans love to make
    But, you made it about Kobe.

And i'm far from a stan. Just telling it how I see it. Dudes are playing subpar to start the year, while Kobe is playing out of his mind, at his age and all the mileage he's put in. Dwight's definitely been playing below his standards, so has Melo. Certainly arguable to have those guys above Kobe, but at the same time, I don't mind where he's listed at all.

He got paid for the next 5 years so he doesn't have to try any more. He should have gone to Chicago or LA, but he chose money.

This Knicks season is anyway. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by penny4president
    here's my current top 15

1. A.D
    2. Curry
    3. LBJ
    4. DMC
    5. M. Gasol
    6. Lamarcus Aldrige
    7. Klay Thompson
    8. James Harden
    9. Chris Bosh
    10. Jimmy Jordan
    11. Griffin
    12. CP3
    13. Derozan
    14. Kobe
    15. Big Al
    Kobe doesn't belong in the top 50. All he is doing this season is chucking the Lakers out of games and stat padding in blow outs.

But, you made it about Kobe.

And i'm far from a stan. Just telling it how I see it. Dudes are playing subpar to start the year, while Kobe is playing out of his mind, at his age and all the mileage he's put in. Dwight's definitely been playing below his standards, so has Melo. Certainly arguable to have those guys above Kobe, but at the same time, I don't mind where he's listed at all.
    i didn't make it about Kobe...I made it about players who deserve to be in before him. he's currently leading his team to the 2nd worst record in the league, yet he needs to be ranked in the top 15? he could be averaging 50pts a game for all I care, you don't get ranked high if you're highlight is all selfish attributes IMO. exactly why the OP has Melo as a not top 15 player, don;t give exception to Kobe because he's averaging a couple more points yet has a worse record

i didn't make it about Kobe...I made it about players who deserve to be in before him. he's currently leading his team to the 2nd worst record in the league, yet he needs to be ranked in the top 15? he could be averaging 50pts a game for all I care, you don't get ranked high if you're highlight is all selfish attributes IMO. exactly why the OP has Melo as a not top 15 player, don;t give exception to Kobe because he's averaging a couple more points yet has a worse record
    You think Melo has a spot reserved on this list or something, but truth be told, he's been playing BELOW his standards this season. How do you not get that? Over 4 less points compared to last year, less than 2+ boards, less steals, blocks, FT%. Nobody expected Kobe to play like this. I sure as hell didn't.

Hell, i'd even give him full credit for the 3 Laker wins with that god awful roster. Context, guy. Use it.

You think Melo has a spot reserved on this list or something, but truth be told, he's been playing BELOW his standards this season. How do you not get that? Over 4 less points compared to last year, less than 2+ boards, less steals, blocks, FT%. Nobody expected Kobe to play like this. I sure as hell didn't.

Hell, i'd even give him full credit for the 3 Laker wins with that god awful roster. Context, guy. Use it.
    Lakers won when Kobe didn't chuck...there's context for yah he's out of his mind to his stans, he's playing poorly to realists.

Lakers won when Kobe didn't chuck...there's context for yah he's out of his mind to his stans, he's playing poorly to realists.
    The Houston and Charlotte games say otherwise, playboy.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

For someone who states it's not about Kobe you really do make it about him. And I am not saying he belongs or not, let us not forget NBA is a team sport, I believe that using a team w/l record should not be a big factor. A player should be evaluated based on there own merit. From an outside perspective it definitely comes across as an agenda, thus making any point you are trying to make weak and pathetic.
    Last edited by boldarblood; 11-26-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

His raw #'s are down because of the equal opportunity offense. But as far as efficiency goes, he is having his best season yet. Averaging 23 and 7 on 60% shooting in his last 5 games. I swear people just love to hate on Melo, whether he is doing well or not. The knicks are 17 pts per 100 possessions worse with Melo off the floor. He literally got backspasms trying to carry this team on his back.
    Last edited by MellowYellow; 11-26-2014 at 04:41 PM.

The Houston and Charlotte games say otherwise, playboy.

The ball was shared more

Houston:
    Shaggy -15 shots
    Boozer - 15 shots
    Hill -12 shots

Hornets:
    Boozer - 11 shots
    Hill - 12 shots
    Lin - 12 shots
    Davis went 5-5

Like you said, context...once Kobe is involving his teammates more, better things happen. Hero ball has never worked and will NEVER work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boldarblood
    For someone who states it's not about Kobe you really do make it about him. And I am not saying he belongs or not, let us not forget NBA is a team sport, I believe that using a team w/l record should not be a big factor. A player should be evaluated based on there own merit. From an outside perspective it definitely comes across as an agenda, thus making any point you are trying to make weak and pathetic.
    Wrong... It's not about Kobe because there are more impactful talent in the league than him. Just because he is the common denominator, doesn't mean it's about it

If you want to base a player on their own merit, choose golf or tennis. When you talk basketball, team play comes into it. And here's the double standard for you, and I know the back-pedal will come, if you truly believed own merit, then kobe is not as great as he had SHAQ to assist him for a good chunk of his career

I too can combat your rhetoric
    Last edited by r15mohd; 11-26-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Basketball Genius

The ball was shared more

Houston:
    Shaggy -15 shots
    Boozer - 15 shots
    Hill -12 shots

Hornets:
    Boozer - 11 shots
    Hill - 12 shots
    Lin - 12 shots
    Davis went 5-5

Like you said, context...once Kobe is involving his teammates more, better things happen. Hero ball has never worked and will NEVER work!!!
    this nikka

if kobe's team made all the shots they were supposed to all of the time, they'd be at least .500. but they don't. because they suck. even a dumbass can drop a clever turd once in awhile.