Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: do you believe Bill Cosby is a serial rapist?

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    It sounds a hell of a lot more like that scumbag Roman Polanski dropping roofies to butt rape young girls than a casting couch thing to me.
    I really doubt that people aren't sexually broken in one way or another in order to enter Hollywood. I think this goes to show what a disgusting thing the 'industry' is. That includes pop music, too.

I absolutely believe Bill Cosby is a rapist. It's not like it would ever cross my mind, but upon hearing it, it fits. Kinda like if you knew someone who was always kinda strange and someone says, "O him, I used to smoke mad weed with him back in the day." And many people would be like WHAT? LIES. But, I'd be like oh it all makes sense now.

Rape is a really terrible thing, but I have drawn out thoughts on rape. I think any instance where one person has significant power over another, it can be a form of rape. If someone believes that you will reward them or they need to sleep with you in order to progress, well, even tho they are selling their soul, per se, that is a form of rape.

People aren't taking it seriously, or weren't... because it happens all of the time. It's just Cosby was seen as a golden boy. He deserves to get ****ed. Like I said, rape is ****ed up. Drugging people and using your clout to entice them is the lowest of low. At that point, it's not even about sex but just defiling something pure.

But, it is an initiation. It's going to happen at some point. I truly believe that.

-Smak

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

aside from the raping, cosby just seem like an all around douche with misplaced militancy

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-footb...cry-in-public/

[QUOTE]

Is there a reason why he never did it in any of his televised bits or specials?

Also, Cosby and Pryor are in the same era. Maybe Pryor didn't like him for other reasons unknown. Or maybe Pryor was like "Nigha, I know what you do, you better leave me alone muthafakka!" If you say that in Richard Pryor's voice, it's funny as hell.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Is there a reason why he never did it in any of his televised bits or specials?

Also, Cosby and Pryor are in the same era. Maybe Pryor didn't like him for other reasons unknown. Or maybe Pryor was like "Nigha, I know what you do, you better leave me alone muthafakka!" If you say that in Richard Pryor's voice, it's funny as hell.

3-time NBA All-Star

Not sure what to think. On one hand, it would be too weird of a coincidence for all these women to come out with the same story and for it to be false.

On the other hand, it also weird that this has apparently been happening for over 30 years and all these women just shut up about it? If I'm not mistaken, he's NEVER been formally charged. All of these women cared more about their career over justice and/or didn't think they could win? Not one went against the grain? That's odd. I know he has celebrity power, but so did 2pac, Tyson, Kobe, and probably a few other celebrities, and those guys had no other accusations against them but the one time they did they were at least charged. Sounds weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Did you say it?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Not sure what to think. On one hand, it would be too weird of a coincidence for all these women to come out with the same story and for it to be false.

On the other hand, it also weird that this has apparently been happening for over 30 years and all these women just shut up about it? If I'm not mistaken, he's NEVER been formally charged. All of these women cared more about their career over justice and/or didn't think they could win? Not one went against the grain? That's odd. I know he has celebrity power, but so did 2pac, Tyson, Kobe, and probably a few other celebrities, and those guys had no other accusations against them but the one time they did they were at least charged. Sounds weird.

These women didn't just suddenly come out with this...they have been talking about for years.

One of them went to a lawyer in the 80s about it but the lawyer refused to go after Cosby because he was Bill Cosby. Then she kept silent thinking it was impossible but came out again in the 90s once she heard another woman come forward with the same exact story.

This has been buzzing about for a while, it's just that for whatever reason the media never put it on full blast until now.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    These women didn't just suddenly come out with this...they have been talking about for years.

One of them went to a lawyer in the 80s about it but the lawyer refused to go after Cosby because he was Bill Cosby. Then she kept silent thinking it was impossible but came out again in the 90s once she heard another woman come forward with the same exact story.

This has been buzzing about for a while, it's just that for whatever reason the media never put it on full blast until now.
    Okay. Its still weird. Like I said, he's never been charged. Not saying he's innocent. If I had to bet on it, I'd say he's probably guilty. His reactions to this whole mess doesn't really help. But just the fact that out of so many women not one of them fought hard enough and made a media circus out of this to bring him to justice seems very odd and says there's at least a chance he's innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Okay. Its still weird. Like I said, he's never been charged. Not saying he's innocent. If I had to bet on it, I'd say he's probably guilty. His reactions to this whole mess doesn't really help. But just the fact that out of so many women not one of them fought hard enough and made a media circus out of this to bring him to justice seems very odd and says there's at least a chance he's innocent.

You have to remember it was a different world when much of this was supposedly going on. It was much easier to silence an accuser via threats and intimidation than it is today.

Its not like now when an accusation snowballs into the public's consciousness via social media.

You have to remember it was a different world when much of this was supposedly going on. It was much easier to silence an accuser via threats and intimidation than it is today.

Its not like now when an accusation snowballs into the public's consciousness via social media.
    Black man, white woman, 1971. Open and shut case.

the shit hole is getting deeper and deeper ..

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2018737

[QUOTE][B]Two more women accuse Bill Cosby of sexual attacks; one was 15-YEAR-OLD on

Black man, white woman, 1971. Open and shut case.

not when you rich as shit and beloved by Americans as "one of the good ones"

not when you rich as shit and beloved by Americans as "one of the good ones"
    Not in 1971, he was doing all right for him self. Not like the Cosby Show era about 15 years later.

1971, he was no Sidney Poitier or Harry Belafonte or Sammy Davis. He wasn't even James Brown level yet, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    Is it about time to throw away my copy of Ghost Dad now?

Not in 1971, he was doing all right for him self. Not like the Cosby Show era about 15 years later.

1971, he was no Sidney Poitier or Harry Belafonte or Sammy Davis. He wasn't even James Brown level yet, lol.

He was pretty damn successful by that point. He was a regular guest on The Tonight Show, released 14 comedy albums several of which either won or were nominated for Grammys, 3 music albums, co-starred on the popular show I, Spy for which he won 3 straight Emmys, was the first African American to star in his own comedy show with The Bill Cosby Show, created Fat Albert for TV, did kids a couple of shows one being The Electric Company, and starred in two other TV movies.

On top of that, he was the comic that rejected the new push into (for then) edgy race/sex/drugs/politics territory with his stand up and was thus loved by middle America for being the stand up you could watch with your kids.

I think you are really underestimating just how famous he was back then.