Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Tomorrow's Celtic / Pacer game cancelled, will not be rescheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    This benefits the old legs of Celtics better than it does Indy.
    shut the fcuk up .. you fcuking ass-hole

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Just play the game, even if its in a practice facility, as long as its an NBA size court.

I don't see why it has to be a big deal.
    Why? What remotely positive could come from gathering a group of high profile targets for a finite amount of time?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Why? What remotely positive could come from gathering a group of high profile targets for a finite amount of time?
    Then it's best to cancel all sports events. Think about it a little more.

Let me get this straight. Terrorist aren't going to attack in Boston again,at least not today,especially if the game is played in TD Garden.
    They know there would be a huge amount of security.

To be honest,attack is more likely to happen in any other NBA game played today than at Celtics-Pacers.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Let me get this straight. Terrorist aren't going to attack in Boston again,at least not today,especially if the game is played in TD Garden.
    They're not? Who do you know?

There's not more important matters for Boston law enforcement officers to attend to than protecting 18k or so people confined to an enclosed space the day after a terrorist attacK?

Seriously, how ****ing retarded are you people? Hey Boston, you just got bombed, have a significant portion of your police force guard a ****ing basketball game that means nothing. It may as well be a 7th grade girls game. It could be game 7 of the ECF and it still wouldn't matter.

This shit just reinforces how stupid the people on this website are.

Believe it or not, sometimes there are things going on of more importance than basketball.

It's not a big deal if the game is cancelled. Any person (double for my knick fans) whining about rest or what not needs to get their head out of their ass. This reinforces my opinion the Knick fanbase on this board isn't from NY, because people in NY understand these type of things occur and need to be dealt with.

Try in life not to be so obtuse. If this somehow affects the Knicks negatively (which i think is stupid) it's not a concern anyone should have when making the decision. If you told me that for some bizarre reason this now guaranteed the Celtics win game 1 i still wouldn't complain about it.

Do people understand in Boston today there is a person at large who bombed civilians? They requested people not walk in groups. YOu want to hold a game?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    They're not? Who do you know?

There's not more important matters for Boston law enforcement officers to attend to than protecting 18k or so people confined to an enclosed space the day after a terrorist attacK?

Seriously, how ****ing retarded are you people? Hey Boston, you just got bombed, have a significant portion of your police force guard a ****ing basketball game that means nothing. It may as well be a 7th grade girls game. It could be game 7 of the ECF and it still wouldn't matter.

This shit just reinforces how stupid the people on this website are.
    Read my post above. I said I have nothing against cancelling the game and that's probably a right thing to do.

But if it's needed to play just to have both teams play 82 games then I don't see much problem with what poster above said. Play it in some basketball facility without fans. Terrorist plan their attacks many,many days. They aren't just going to plant the bombs to some random basketball facility without any planning,especially if nobody's watching them and there's like 50 people in the building.

But like I said,I don't whine about cancelling the game. I have nothing against us. I would do the same if it was my decision to make. I'm just saying if the game really needs to be played then it's not a risk to play it in some random basketball facility in Boston.
    Last edited by Clutch; 04-16-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Read my post above. I said I have nothing against cancelling the game and that's probably a right thing to do.

But if it's needed to play just to have both teams play 82 games then I don't see much problem with what poster above said. Play it in some basketball facility without fans. Terrorist plan their attacks many,many days. They aren't just going to plant the bombs to some random basketball facility without any planning,especially if nobody's watching them and there's like 50 people in the building.

But like I said,I don't whine about cancelling the game. I have nothing against us. I would do the same if it was my decision to make. I'm just saying if the game really needs to be played then it's not a risk to play it in some random basketball facility in Boston.
    Wherever you play you need police presence, police who should be looking for a person who is planting bombs. They don't need to play 82 games, life sometimes imposes on other things and grown ups need to deal with it. I get you are saying IF but there is honestly no IF here, go to twitter and see posts from people in Boston. It's pretty negative around there. Cancelling the game means the Pacers don't have to travel, the Celtics don't need to travel in Boston, no police have to come out, no workers have to come out, etc.

There is nothing to argue here, the game was rightly cancelled. Real life sometimes doesn't allow you to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Wherever you play you need police presence, police who should be looking for a person who is planting bombs. They don't need to play 82 games, life sometimes imposes on other things and grown ups need to deal with it. I get you are saying IF but there is honestly no IF here, go to twitter and see posts from people in Boston. It's pretty negative around there. Cancelling the game means the Pacers don't have to travel, the Celtics don't need to travel in Boston, no police have to come out, no workers have to come out, etc.

There is nothing to argue here, the game was rightly cancelled. Real life sometimes doesn't allow you to do things.
    Like I already said,I agree that game needs to be cancelled. Personally I don't care about who gets more rest (Knicks or Celtics) and I would never put basketball in front of such tragedy that happened yesterday.

My point was if somewhere in the rules writes that all teams need to play 82 games for season to be regular then it's possible to play the game without almost any risk. But it shouldn't be played because it doesn't mean anything,neither to the Celtics,Pacers or their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Believe it or not, sometimes there are things going on of more importance than basketball.
    Without a doubt.

Maybe some people don't get what Boston is like? The main train hubs and the bridge from Cambridge have huge delays. It's difficult to impossible to get around in some places. If you live there, you now have a realization that if you are somewhere popular, or in a crowd, etc. that you might be a bomb target. Especially today, a lot of people will be nervous to go out. It's just normal. Your teenager takes the train by himself into the city to school, all of a sudden that becomes a bit shaky and you're not sure you want that. It's disrupted all over, not just that one place.

It's very negative. No need to make anyone get up to go play a meaningless game. I'm sure if either team needed it for the playoffs, they'd reschedule (or play in Indiana, where I'm sure the Boston fans would be having conniptions and a bit more understandably).

Although Boston's sports teams are standards of evil in our world, Boston is an awesome city and hopefully this all blows over quick.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    No white text?
    I didn't think white text would be necessary but.....you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    trolling? more like a perverted psychopath who thinks it's humorous to try to get a rise out of strangers on a basketball message board due to a tragedy where innocent people were killed for no reason.
    STFU, man. You've been here 2 seconds and you're letting bagel piss you off? Try not to venture into the OTC. You'd get your Internet emotions shredded to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Just play the game, even if its in a practice facility, as long as its an NBA size court.

I don't see why it has to be a big deal.
    It's only a big deal to people like you who can't seem to understand that life comes before basketball.

Bostonians are being asked to not to walk in groups, and I'm pretty sure this request also applies to NBA players and team staff.

Decent playground baller

Still it sucks that Celtic history is being tampered with, it may not seem a big deal now but in the future this will be the only season where they played 81 games while everyone else (except teh Pacers) played the full season.