Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I finally get it James Harden haters want refs to intentionally not call fouls

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    nba.com

It's clearly a foul by the rules. Now, you prove to me how it's a foul on Dirk. All the points you made (Dirk not being in front, dirk running...) are not in the rules.
    Ok...

Outside this area, a defender must be in a legal defensive position before the offensive player gets to them in order to draw a charge on the offensive player. If the defender does not get into position before the offensive player gets there and contact is made, a blocking foul may be called. This foul is called subjectively based on the amount of contact and how much the defender impedes the offensive player.

Dirk wasn't there first. He wasn't in a legal guarding position.

What is Blocking Foul?
    This is a foul called on the defensive player when that player illegally impedes the progress of the offensive player with the ball.

That phrase right there will get you every time. If Harden decides he wants to cross the lane, you either recognize it and get there first, or stay with him in a legal guarding position (between him and the basket generally).

Dirk did neither of those things.

Was Harden intentionally trying to go for the contact? Maybe, but I bet had Dirk slowed down just before Harden crossed into the paint, he could have had a chance to block the shot from behind. But he didn't, he just got ran into and they both stumbled.

Like I said, Dirk wasn't even complaining about it. He knew it was a foul. But apparently all of ISH knows better.

Banned

Default Re: I finally get it James Harden haters want refs to intentionally not call fouls

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    FT Per 36
    Westbrook 10.23
    Harden 9.95

Drives Per Game
    Harden 10.7
    Westbrook 10.1

Then Westbrook gets 6-8 undeserved free throws.

Westbrook earns his contact.

Decent playground baller He Strong's Avatar

FT Per 36
    Westbrook 10.23
    Harden 9.95

Drives Per Game
    Harden 10.7
    Westbrook 10.1

Then Westbrook gets 6-8 undeserved free throws.

Harden is the one who shoots garbage time free throws. He shoots tech free throws. He had 6 last night within the last minute and a half of the game and one technical free throw.

So in reality, had the Mavs not been repeatedly fouling late, he would have been 8-10 from the FT line. Is that absurd? Even then he finishes with 17 points, 11 assists, and Houston still wins.

No, you only see what you want to see by reading box scores. Did you even watch the game?
    Wow, you don't get it at all. It isn't a matter of free throws per shot. It is a matter of the fouls being legit or not. Westbrook gets hacked as he flies by defenders that can't keep up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3hrBSsPUvo

There it is at 3:07.

Now you tell me, what makes that a non-foul? Did they collide? Yes. Was Dirk moving? Yes. Was Dirk in front of him? No.

Harden attempted to cut across the lane and get his shoulder in front of Dirk, Dirk wasn't having it, and they collided.

You don't even see Dirk complaining about the call afterwards, cause he knows he fouled him, so I'm not exactly sure why you think it was a missed call.
    The replay shown during the game shows that Harden clearly side swipes Dirk and rams him with his shoulder. You can't charge with your shoulder, doesn't matter if the defender is moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    dont do em like that

knowledge > being a sheep who just copies what other people say without actually knowing the rules of the game
    That is precisely what you are doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by He Strong
    The replay shown during the game shows that Harden clearly side swipes Dirk and rams him with his shoulder. You can't charge with your shoulder, doesn't matter if the defender is moving.
    It does.

What is Charging?
    A foul called when an offensive player collides with a defensive player who is stationary and has both feet firmly planted on the floor. The defensive player has to be in that established position before the offensive player's head or shoulder gets by him.

What part of that applies to Dirk on that play?

He could have been called for an offensive control foul, but he was in control.

Again, if it was so egregious, why was Dirk not upset? Cause he knows he fouled him. You're more upset about it than the guy who actually committed the foul.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    harden is like the modern day jordan/06 wade

which means houston should win the title

automatic freethrows by a good free throw shooter = money in the playoffs

houston = 2015 nba champs
    Imma diehard Rockets fan but hell nah. I don't even think Harden's on Clyde Drexler's level in terms of being a solid NBA player let alone Jordan.

Wow, you don't get it at all. It isn't a matter of free throws per shot. It is a matter of the fouls being legit or not. Westbrook gets hacked as he flies by defenders that can't keep up.
    So now that statistically I show you Westbrook shoots more fouls on less drives, now the argument has moved to 'Westbrook earns his', which is in no way quantifiable. That is purely your opinion.

Keep moving the goal posts.

Banned

Dude might be the biggest homer on this board. I could swear that he posted that Kentucky was better than a few NBA teams

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome

Westbrook earns his contact.
    Again, purely speculation and your opinion.

There's no point in discussing your personal opinion.

That is precisely what you are doing right now.
    sounded like he was right idk the exact rules on blocking fouls doe im not gonna fraud like i do

Banned

Again, purely speculation and your opinion.

There's no point in discussing your personal opinion.
    I've seen both of them play rather than watching one and watching the box scores of the other.

If you had seen both players play the distinction would be clear.

Decent college freshman

Yes it matters if you are attacking the basket, either move out of the way or turn arround and play defense. You can just try to run with you back turn to the front of the basket, either turn arround and own you space.

Never heard of jumping into the shotblocker to take his ablity to block in the paint, every great shooter does that. The NBA said if you are facing up jumping straight up owning your space there is no foul and BTW there is also not an offensive foul either is a non call.

Harden never extender his arms, player bumps every single time, they get call only when extending their arms or if the player is set and get hit in his chest, charge call.

BTW the foul was on the leg trip not on the bump.

It does.

What is Charging?
    A foul called when an offensive player collides with a defensive player who is stationary and has both feet firmly planted on the floor. The defensive player has to be in that established position before the offensive player's head or shoulder gets by him.

What part of that applies to Dirk on that play?

He could have been called for an offensive control foul, but he was in control.

Again, if it was so egregious, why was Dirk not upset? Cause he knows he fouled him. You're more upset about it than the guy who actually committed the foul.
    You are aware you can get offensive fouls without a set defender, right? You can't lower your shoulder to ram through a player even if that player is moving.

And whether Dirk shows he is upset or not has no impact on this. He could have been avoiding a T, or keeping his emotions in tact for himself because he knows Harden gets BS calls. If the players let it get to themselves, they'll definitely be defeated.

ImSoPlayedOut getting straight MURKED in his own thread.

Time for a new alt breh!