Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: And people thought Durant surpassed LeBron as a player?

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Ya, it's time to give Durant a break.

He simply doesn't have the necessary tools to enter LeBron's statosphere. Imo it would be doing KD a service to stop comparing the two. He and his fans should be very pleased with the fact he's pretty much locked up the number 2 spot behind Lebron for the next couple seasons, provided he continues playing at a high level.

The comparisons to Lebron (quality-wise) were irrational at best and severely cringe-inducing at worst. I feel bad for the honest fans who actually bought into notion that KD had become THE guy.

Thankfully for him, he's not THE guy at the moment - the media and fans in general WILL forgive yet another playoff collapse - but their patience is wearing thin ( think Lebron circa 2008-2011).
    Wrong. Lebron got a lot more criticism than KD will ever get even though he averaged 38/8/8 in the ECF against the BEST defensive team in the league in 2009. It's just the way it is. No one cares about KD. He will never get the hate LeBron has gotten throughout his career.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

I said back in Jan/Feb when all the threads starting coming out Lebron would prove who is the best if you were simple minded enough to think KD was better once the Playoffs started.

Local High School Star

Always knew this (lebron being better) however a change of coach and a few faces could benefit kd in a massive way

I tried telling people that Durant was great but not best in the league. But those OKC fans bought into the hype. Now Budaddi is most likely dead and Fudge will probably end up going to a mental hospital

College superstar

Why do people make premature threads like this? I consider Lebron to yet be better than Durant, but if the Thunder somehow win this series and make it to the Finals, while the Heat lose to say the Nets, this thread will look real foolish.

Very good NBA starter

Yeah, because LeBron hasn't had terrible playoff series.

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

LOL @ the implied notion that LeBron has never had a bad series. Get outta here. He's just doing what LeBron is notorious for - disappearing when it matters. And this is his 1st time pulling a LeBron.

Everyone talks about LeBron's game 7 at San Antonio - supposedly "redeeming" himself and removing all doubt that he is a "choker" (shall I remind you that he was on vacation for the first 6 games of that "great" series). Well, give Durant that chance, too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Why do people make premature threads like this? I consider Lebron to yet be better than Durant, but if the Thunder somehow win this series and make it to the Finals, while the Heat lose to say the Nets, this thread will look real foolish.
    0% chance of that happening.

NBA Superstar

So Durant couldn't score LeBrons averages vs the Bobcats?

I'd love to see LeBron playing 48mpg vs the Grizz and dominating

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    So Durant couldn't score LeBrons averages vs the Bobcats?

I'd love to see LeBron playing 48mpg vs the Grizz and dominating
    Bobcats are a better defensive team then the Grizzlies..

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nnn123
    LOL @ the implied notion that LeBron has never had a bad series. Get outta here. He's just doing what LeBron is notorious for - disappearing when it matters. And this is his 1st time pulling a LeBron.

Everyone talks about LeBron's game 7 at San Antonio - supposedly "redeeming" himself and removing all doubt that he is a "choker" (shall I remind you that he was on vacation for the first 6 games of that "great" series). Well, give Durant that chance, too.
    So basically what you are saying is you only watched game 7.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nnn123

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    So basically what you are saying is you only watched game 7.
    I watched every game. It was absolutely pathetic. All of LeBron's contributions in that series came in garbage time, until game 7 (and fine - a 3-4 minute stretch in game 6, which was nullified by 3 turnovers and 2 bricked shots in the last 2 minutes)

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

KD is elite. He is the 2nd best player in the world by far. That being said....

Lebron was better than KD was coming into the league. He was much better at 25 than Durant is now. He is better today than Durant is.

Nobody who knows anything about basketball doubts this.

Durant stans, Jordan stans, and Lebron haters hopped on the Durant hype train because they were sick of hearing about Lebron.

but but but durant was the best player in january !!!!!