Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Let me get this straight, you are all worried about the billionaire?

So...there seems to be great concern about Donald Sterling. Let's be real here. What did he lose? He's going to get 1.5 BILLION dollars to sell his team. He has to sell it, he can't have sponsors anymore, the league sponsors will pull out if he stays, he's not a viable partner anymore. If Silver said "i love him, he can stay" he'd still not be able to keep the team and keep it viable.

Essentially what he is losing is the ability to use the line "i'm the clipper owner" when trying to pick up women that he probably can't **** anyway because he's old as **** and is going to die soon. He'll need to stick to the time tested line "**** Me, I'm a Billionaire."

But you all seem deeply concerned about this. What am i missing?

Default Re: Let me get this straight, you are all worried about the billionaire?

Why are you starting another thread? Post this shit in one of the other 22 threads about Sterling where it will actually get noticed.

Default Re: Let me get this straight, you are all worried about the billionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Why are you starting another thread? Post this shit in one of the other 22 threads about Sterling where it will actually get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So...there seems to be great concern about Donald Sterling. Let's be real here. What did he lose? He's going to get 1.5 BILLION dollars to sell his team. He has to sell it, he can't have sponsors anymore, the league sponsors will pull out if he stays, he's not a viable partner anymore. If Silver said "i love him, he can stay" he'd still not be able to keep the team and keep it viable.

Essentially what he is losing is the ability to use the line "i'm the clipper owner" when trying to pick up women that he probably can't **** anyway because he's old as **** and is going to die soon. He'll need to stick to the time tested line "**** Me, I'm a Billionaire."

Niko.. This is the Internet, where everyone picks a side and then goes overboard with outrage and concern over everything.

Very good NBA starter

They're just fighting for the plight of the oppressed white man. Don't be racist bro

So...there seems to be great concern about Donald Sterling. Let's be real here. What did he lose? He's going to get 1.5 BILLION dollars to sell his team. He has to sell it, he can't have sponsors anymore, the league sponsors will pull out if he stays, he's not a viable partner anymore. If Silver said "i love him, he can stay" he'd still not be able to keep the team and keep it viable
    It's not a concern for an old billionaire. It's a privacy concern and a concern about mob morality. It could have been any unpopular opinion for any public figure that got made public and it would be the same issue.

You were concerned enough to start another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Niko.. This is the Internet, where everyone picks a side and then goes overboard with outrage and concern over everything.
    I find it frustrating listening to everything about this topic. The absolute lack of understanding what freedom of speech means, and the fact that people don't understand that he violated his responsibility as a partner in the league. This isn't normal life being an NBA owner. if you hate me because of my race, and rant about it, no one cares. But it's different if you are one of the 30 people in charge of a league that's 80% black.

Mind boggling.

I find it frustrating listening to everything about this topic. The absolute lack of understanding what freedom of speech means, and the fact that people don't understand that he violated his responsibility as a partner in the league. This isn't normal life being an NBA owner. if you hate me because of my race, and rant about it, no one cares. But it's different if you are one of the 30 people in charge of a league that's 80% black.

Mind boggling.

Actually, I am stunned too by that.. lol

I see some of the dumbest sh*t I have ever seen posted in some of these threads.. its disturbing

you are right.. this all boils down to the fact that he f*cked up big time when that tape got out..

People say what Riley Cooper said was worse, but thats not true at all..

Donald Sterling didn't use the N word, but he laid out the whole philosophy for his twisted thinking. It wasn't Roy Hibbert saying something dumb during a press conference.. He explained why he thinks the way he does..

there is no mistaking his views, and considering the fan base, and the majority of players in the league? This is too much to sweep under the rug and ignore. Im sure the NBA would love to sweep it under the rug and let it go away, but they know that the Sterling hurts their bottom line every day he remains an owner in good standing and they cannot have that..

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Why is it okay to railroad a man and essentially ruin his image for the entire country because he has a lot of money?

You make zero sense.

You've missed the point entirely. It has nothing to do with the individual involved and everything thing to do with principle. If you think mobbish moral crusades against 81-year-old senile men for expressing an opinion in a private conversation where he was being baited is cool, then that's your problem, but don't act like it is somehow not normal to express surprise and concern at the power that conventional opinion backed by a media-led mob currently has, and which will find far less deserving candidates to turn into hate figures in the future.

btw how is the league 80% black, and why does a single drop of African blood somehow make somebody 100% black? That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Why is it okay to railroad a man and essentially ruin his image for the entire country because he has a lot of money?

You make zero sense.

He basically railroaded himself.. His mistress, who he picked, decided to put out tapes of his racial ramblings (that came out of his own mouth)..

Nobody forced any of this on him..

the thing that ruined his "image" is the fact that people got to actually hear what he thinks from his own mouth

Someone really needs to get a hold of James Dolan's phone conversation.

Mind boggling.
    So the privacy issue is of no consequence? I get that free speech doesn't excuse you from consequences, but part of me feels that the public can make it so that certain things can't be said, even in private. It's like we affirm free speech legally, but don't really believe in it socially.

If you can explain how none of that is a concern and a good was done, then I'll accept your "mind boggling" remark.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

[QUOTE=Rasheed1]He basically railroaded himself.. His mistress, who he picked, decided to put out tapes of his racial ramblings (that came out of his own mouth)..

Nobody forced any of this on him..

the thing that ruined his "image" is the fact that people got to actually hear what he thinks from his own mouth