Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodman: Don

Default Re: Rodman: Don

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Yeah, there is.

A franchise player is so good, that it's easier to replace complimentary players rather than the franchise player. A franchise player is the best guy on the team that the team usually is built around. A guy like a prime Shaq, for example, is far more valuable than a 20 year old Kobe. It doesn't mean Kobe wasn't important, because he was, but it also doesn't make him as irreplaceable as Shaq.

Pippen was a great player, one of the best of his time. But he wasn't the type of player you ideally wanted to be the best guy on your team, to lead them to a championship and build around. He's more the type to compliment that sort of player, which Jordan was.

Or if you had that rare team like the Pistons where there are several players good enough to be the best player on the team on any given night, then you might win with Pip in that situation.

The past 3-4 years, Lebron proved to be the best player in the league. And while you are correct in that the absence of a pippen-type co star is why he doesn't have rings, it doesn't mean they are of equal value, because there are fewer lebrons then there are co-stars capable of helping a team win a title.
    You say pippen wasn't the type of player you build a team around, my question to you is why not? What did or has lebron done that's much different?

Pippen admitted that LeBron is a Superior version of himself.
    I would say that LeBron was probably more of a guy that I would’ve wanted to be like if I was watching the game today, and probably vice versa. I was probably the player that he mostly patterned his game after—he’s more of an all-around player, and, again, he’s magnified it to another level.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=208667

I don't get picked last at the park anymore csklmf's Avatar

Finally Dennis said smth that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    You say pippen wasn't the type of player you build a team around, my question to you is why not?
    Pippen was a great utility guy who was good at just about everything. But I don't think he ever had it to take over with that extra gear that Jordan and other players have had. Maybe he might have for a playoff series or two, but I just don't see that type of game in Pip to dominate. Pippen's worth was evident even in Portland. He's great at what he does, but I don't think he could be as effective leading a team.

I will say this though: it would be a totally different story of we were talking about the modern game, where there's less contact allowed, diminished post play, and an emphasis on perimeter player and shooting.

What did or has lebron done that's much different?
    Other than playing more dominating basketball?
    Last edited by Showtime; 02-19-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Local High School Star

i love scottie pippen, but im sorry lebron is better..... pips best season isnt better than lebrons, and lebron still is capable of better.

Banned

scottie would thrive in many more situations than lebron would. that alone would make me take him > lebron any day.

Banned

LeBron, by his sophmore year, was a much better player than Pippen ever was.

College superstar

I'll take a great leader and proven winner over an overrated stat-padder with flashy dunks any day.

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Prime Pippen and the bulls lost to the knicks in the 2nd round and I forgot who they lost to the other year Jordan was gone. The same old Celtics that the way better than pippen kobe took to 7 games BTW? Im a Cavs fan so I ain't a bron nut hugger, but seeing the team that won 60 games with him lose 26 in a row made me realize how great he is. Comparing bron to Pippen is disrespectful. Lebron is better than pippen at every aspect of the game except defense.
    Dude don't bring Kobe to this. At least he beat them in the playoffs, so don't start to make excuses for your man.

Also Pippen lost to great teams both those years in the playoffs with a scrub team that didn't even have an average sg, pf and C. Or do you people forget they didn't had Rodman and Kukoc was an outside shooter anyhow? With that team I think he made a great job and was even close to finish the Knicks who were at the time championship bound.

Still I am not saying Pip is better than Lebron at this time but I can't say Lebron is better either. He's just more athletic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Scottie Pippen has absolutely nothing on Lebron James. Lebron is in a totally different stratosphere compared to Scottie Pippen.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Scottie Pippen has absolutely nothing on Lebron James. Lebron is in a totally different stratosphere compared to Scottie Pippen.
    Stat-padding?

LeBron James has absolutely nothing on Scottie Pippen.
    Scottie is in a totally different stratosphere compared to LeBron James.

Without the hype LeBron = Stephen Jackson

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    LeBron, by his sophmore year, was a much better player than Pippen ever was.
    uhhh...absolutely not

Prime Pippen put up 21/8/7 on 51 FG% 56 TS% while being the best perimeter defender in the NBA

20 year old LeBron put up 27/7/7 on 47 FG% 55 TS% while being one of the worst perimeter defenders in the NBA

LeBron averaged 6 more ppg on less efficiency as he was taking 21 shots per game in comparison with Pippen who was only at 16.6

3rd year LeBron was ARGUABLY better than prime Pippen. However 5th year LeBron->today is obviously superior to him

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    uhhh...absolutely not

Prime Pippen put up 21/8/7 on 51 FG% 56 TS% while being the best perimeter defender in the NBA

20 year old LeBron put up 27/7/7 on 47 FG% 55 TS% while being one of the worst perimeter defenders in the NBA

LeBron averaged 6 more ppg on less efficiency as he was taking 21 shots per game in comparison with Pippen who was only at 16.6

3rd year LeBron was ARGUABLY better than prime Pippen. However 5th year LeBron->today is obviously superior to him

I'll rep you later.

Local High School Star

Lebron is a Failure. As usual some fanboys too obsessed with Stats and record in the regular season and then making excuses in the playoffs for getting Knock the F U C K out.