Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: A foul or a no-call?

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    He didn't hit him on the arm. All things being equal, Durant hit HIM on the arm. His hand was already there. It's not like he hacked him. he contested his shot. He didn't throw his arm off balance or anything, push his elbow... he simply put his hand in the way and Durant shot through it.

Edit: Pause at 54. I know I'm not going to change your mind, but be realistic.

-Smak
    I take it you haven't watched basketball for very long?

Look at CJ's arm, he is initiating the contact. It's a foul. You can't hit someone on the arm as they go to shoot.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

No argument. It happened, no foul was called. I'm explaining why it wasn't. I was skeptical and thought it was a foul at first, but after watching it on the replay during the game then multiple times on youtube (51-55, watch it yourself) I believe it wasn't a foul.

You act like I need to make some excuse for the refs. lol. I'm not the one crying about the outcome.

-Smak
    look, i understand the no call. while its sad for the game to end like that, i get it. i woulda done the same thing.

but even if the offensive player "initiates" the contact (which I don't see), that's a foul. the hand shouldn't be there. defenders aren't aloud to impede a shot like that. durant couldn't follow through. if that's not a foul, every nba player would defend like that.

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz

Look at CJ's arm, he is initiating the contact. It's a foul. You can't hit someone on the arm as they go to shoot.
    He did more then that. He jumped, which means he is out of position, he put his hand up and attempted to block the shot and instead hit arm and you have to give the shooter his space otherwise refs are known to call a foul. It so obvious too. I guess common sense ain't common.

Easily a foul. Thunder got robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz

Thank you for posting that. I think that proves everything.

BTW, he's... not hitting his arm? He's about .1 seconds away from getting his hand on the ball. After which point Durants arm motion 'shoots' through it.

-Smak

It was a blatant foul, even more than what I expected. From what I was hearing I thought it was going to be a basic foul on a shooter. He clearly caught his on the arm on the shot but it happens I guess.
    Last edited by Xsatyr; 04-07-2010 at 01:21 AM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

BTW, he's... not hitting his arm? He's about .1 seconds away from getting his hand on the ball. After which point Durants arm motion 'shoots' through it.

-Smak
    i don't think he hit the ball, and even if durant "shoots" through it, its a foul

-Smak

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Wasn't all arm?

He didn't hit him on the arm. All things being equal, Durant hit HIM on the arm. His hand was already there. It's not like he hacked him. he contested his shot. He didn't throw his arm off balance or anything, push his elbow... he simply put his hand in the way and Durant shot through it.

Edit: Pause at 54. I know I'm not going to change your mind, but be realistic.

-Smak
    That is a foul, sry but everyone knows that you can't touch a shooter. If your hands are in the area where a shooter's arms are going then move them bc it will be a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by paintingshade
    i don't think he hit the ball, and even if durant "shoots" through it, its a foul
    My last post,

he did hit the ball, and because he hit the ball, what happens afterwards should be disregarded. If he hadn't gotten a piece of the ball then I can see where you are coming from, so if you want to believe he didn't, then I guess you would be right.

Joyner, look at frame 2. He clearly has his hand on the ball.

-Smak

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82

Wasn't all arm?
    lol...obvious foul.

My last post,

he did hit the ball, and because he hit the ball, what happens afterwards should be disregarded. If he hadn't gotten a piece of the ball then I can see where you are coming from, so if you want to believe he didn't, then I guess you would be right.

Joyner, look at frame 2. He clearly has his hand on the ball.

-Smak
    I can still see the blue paint between them on frame two so no.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Why would you post the screencap of before the contact in question?