Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Is Antawn Jamison a hall of famer?

Quote Originally Posted by heatfanwadefan
    Jamison could very easily win a championship this year and next year and win a finals MVP... His career isn't over. Im not saying if his career ended NOW, im saying when his career ends.

heatfanwadefan
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Okay now you're just trolling. kthnxbai.
    How the hell is it trolling.

If Jamison wins a championship this year and next year (which is very possibly if Lebron stays) and had an outstanding finals he could very easily have a similar and actually in my opinion better resume then walton. Explain how it is trolling.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

And Walton was inducted as an NBA player, relavence?
    He was inducted as a player.

How the hell is it trolling.

If Jamison wins a championship this year and next year (which is very possibly if Lebron stays) and had an outstanding finals he could very easily have a similar and actually in my opinion better resume then walton. Explain how it is trolling.
    Should I even bother?

National High School Star dough's Avatar

Bill Walton is in the hall of fame. Explain to me how Walton is better then Jamison.
    Let's welcome these new kids and give them a chance.

As you might or might not know, the HOF is not just for NBA achievements. Bill Walton has a strong case for being the greatest College player ever. His achievements in college alone make him HOF worthy.

Then, on the next level, he proceeded to be an integral part of some of the greatest teams and best winning efforts ever. Even as a Blazer he performed some mighty feats, among them going head to head with Kareem and getting the best of him during the playoffs. He has a handful of awards, among them being MVP, ALL Defensive First team selections, Finals MVP, etc. He also won two rings.

What exactly has Antwan done to make you compare him to Walton? Also, I'd like to know why Aantwan should make the Hall of Fame, while players like Danny Manning, Detlef Schrempf etc haven't made it?

Not airballing my layups anymore 3ptShooter's Avatar

...Its a team game, so championships shouldn't be a total factor. Explain what Walton did that Jamison didn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Bill Walton is arguably the greatest college player ever along with Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and was the centerpiece of arguably the greatest dynasty in sports history when he was playing there (so was Kareem before Walton). In no way do those guys compare to him. And of course, although his NBA career was disappointing, he still won 2 titles and an MVP. Its amazing that a career like that is considered disappointing.

I usually point to Walton when people think its ridiculous to put someone like Lebron or Wade in the HOF if there career ended today, but to point to guys like Antwan Jamison for that is really ridiculous.
    I must admit I do occasionally enjoy seeing a troll being shown the door...

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    It's the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame you idiot.
    ^^^I am still blown away by the ammount of people who don't understand this!

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Walton is in the HOF mostly because of his college career. And prime Walton >>>>> prime Jamison
    Prime Walton>>>Prime Ewing, Robinson, Dwight, maybe Duncan....

No, he is not. Possibly piggybacking on a Cavs title this year does not change that.

Antawn Jamison is not even close.

A borderline hall of famer would be someone like Webber, Mourning, Hill, Allen, Pierce, T-Mac.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

hell no

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Antawn Jamison is not even close.

A borderline hall of famer would be someone like Webber, Mourning, Hill, Allen, Pierce, T-Mac.
    Pierce and Allen cemented their cases in the Cs Champ run. But no, Jamison isn't close. If he can win two or three Championships as James' second option, he might make it.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No, he is not. Possibly piggybacking on a Cavs title this year does not change that.
    Truth. Unless he wins 2-3 titles with the Cavs he has no way. For as good of a college player as he was, thats not even enough to help him because those stacked Tarheels teams he was on never won anything.

Learning to shoot layups

Honestly, no
    i honestly think that he's at the height of his career, and if not, then close to being at his full potential.
    unfortunatly, that potential isnt nearly close enough to be let into the hall of fame

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Truth. Unless he wins 2-3 titles with the Cavs he has no way. For as good of a college player as he was, thats not even enough to help him because those stacked Tarheels teams he was on never won anything.
    That's a little harsh. Probably should have won more but they made the Final Four twice (I think) and won the ACC. Carter and Jamison became better pros than anyone they faced, and Shammond Williams also had a little career, so they were definitely the most talented in hindsight but we still shouldn't call 2 final fours and winning the ACC "nothing."