Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default I can be convinced otherwise but I think this was the most audacious shot in history.

Im sure you know what that word means but the definition helps make my point....

Audacious:

showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks.

synonyms: bold, daring, fearless, intrepid, brave, unafraid, unflinching, courageous, valiant, valorous, heroic, dashing, plucky, daredevil, devil-may-care, death-or-glory, reckless, wild, madcap; More
    antonyms: timid

showing an impudent lack of respect.

I honestly think the best example is probably:

It makes the list for a number of reasons but even beyond how spectacular it was it was ballsy because he had NO reason to do it. All that time on the clock in that traffic...he makes the move the runs away for a longer turnaround 3? A lot of wild shots come against the clock. You might see anything with the shot clock winding down.

A guy might:

up against the clock.

But you cant get away with that with 8-10 seconds left.

Minus the "No shots against the clock" stipulation Paul George might have it:

His technically WASNT against the clock but he thought it was. The Clock reset late after a Hibbert missed layup. It resets just as he goes to shoot it.

If that were a normal situation it would be the most audacious shot ive ever seen.

Aside from shot clock situations we have wild heat checks like Lebron vs the Bucks that game he lost his mind from 3:

And I didnt even include a 38 or so foot one to end the half.

But I still think Steph comes out on top. For successful plays at least. Some of the all time idiots have made equally or more audacious plays that didnt work out. Mcgee for one:

But Steph? He made it. You have Kerrs look of utter disbelief which was initially a "Thats not how the game is played!" scowl.

Steph made a total mockery of the sport.

After you make that shot youre supposed to walk back to the sideline laughing like a supervillian emerging from the shadows:

Have you ever seen a more bold, daring, fearless, intrepid, brave, unafraid, unflinching, courageous, valiant, valorous, heroic, dashing, plucky, daredevil, devil-may-care, death-or-glory, reckless, wild, madcap shot in your life?

If so...remind me of it because I must have forgotten.

NBA Legend

Default Re: I can be convinced otherwise but I think this was the most audacious shot in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Re: I can be convinced otherwise but I think this was the most audacious shot in history.

Do you have a gif of Knick Zach Randolph against the Raptors? It was audacious with a flavor of high comedy. He deserves a mention with Javale

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Not that audacious

I see scrubs at the gym take that Curry shot all the time

The most audacious player is Kobe so it is only natural he would have the most audacious shot ever

Kobe took a left handed fadeaway 3 in the corner over a Mavs defender in 05 and sunk it in his face. Who does that?

He could have easily shot it right handed but he took the lefty shot for shock value. From 3.

[COLOR=Teal]I know couple of acquaintances who truly believe Giannis could attempt a dunk from college 3pt line and succeed. I'd like to see him try that, it's more ludicrous than audacious but the mere thought of it just boggles the mind.
    [/COLOR]

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kobe

Great college starter

Although you said it didnt count, this one stuck with me as a Bulls fan watching LeBron just destroy our young team

https://youtu.be/RLytLQ2AZxM?t=31

That halfcourt shot was so disheartening, especially since he hit a buzzer beater at the half just before it. Still though, I don't see how this one by Curry isn't the top. Yeah it comes with the clock winding down, but they also had a timeout he opted not to use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMVGHoenXM

As a bonus, this layup by Rose over LeBron and Wade was pretty ballsy too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwcX4gRkuKk

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

that had to be back before durant when chef took big ball shots consistently.

but Kobe has done worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79y_YCkHhso

that game-tying shot is just ridiculous.. consider that there's 8 seconds on the clock and he just acts like there's no one else on the court but him and the guy defending him, that shot is just flat out impossible.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Not NBA but...

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79y_YCkHhso

that game-tying shot is just ridiculous.. consider that there's 8 seconds on the clock and he just acts like there's no one else on the court but him and the guy defending him, that shot is just flat out impossible.

thank you

was about to hit the search button

not even close

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku

kid you not

hit this exact same shot in a game

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Just gonna add this to the list. It's not spur of the moment like the others, but that it was drawn up by Pop and executed by Duncan in a situation when they were down in OT against a rival they had a history of owning makes it all the more audacious. It's a total '**** you, you can't beat us' moment.

https://youtu.be/trdsKp94Io0

To this point, the Spurs were the Suns' bane, and here comes a game one that's going down to the wire with the Suns a stop away from winning in OT, and these guys have the balls to call a 3 pointer for Tim Duncan while DOWN 3. Of course, it deflated the Suns and the Spurs won the series easily.