Banned

Default Andre Miller....the best player EVER to never make an allstar team

Anyone care to debate me on this?

When you read the scouting report on a guy like Miller you see:
    -No three point shot
    -Chunky
    -Slow, unathletic
    -Talks really weird making one question if he is retarded

But this guy is a ****ing beast. He is playing the exact same way he has for years and since his game was never one reliant on athletisicm he is just as good as ever. His IQ is top tier in terms of basketball players.

He knows how to change his speed when dribbling better than anyone to catch defenders off balance, and really knows how to use his body to position himself to make plays. Great ****ing post up game and mid range shooting and elevates the play of his teammates. This guy is as great an underdog as anyone that the NBA has ever seen and I loved seeing him dominate the low IQ Warriors team filled with "better athletes".

In his prime he pretty much replaced a still superstar Iverson and took the team from a .250 winning percentage at the time to eventually making the playoffs.

Would love to see this guy get the credit he deserves on a national scale.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Miller....the best player EVER to never make an allstar team

Scouting Reports don't include if someones a OG or not thats the problem with them. He should have been an All-Star in one of his years in Philly imo he literally made all those young players WAY better and put up above averge stats.

He deserves more credit for what kind of player he is. He will never be an all-star, never be on an all-nba team, and will never get into the Hall of Fame.

He is TENTH in all-time assists and 41st in all-time steals.

I was at the game tonight, and Miller showed me yet again why I am glad he is in Denver.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Scouting Reports don't include if someones a OG or not thats the problem with them. He should have been an All-Star in one of his years in Philly imo he literally made all those young players WAY better and put up above averge stats.
    Strong username to thread title relevance.

In hindsight its easy to say he should have, but at the time I don't remember there being a huge outrage about him not making it in any of the years which is the weird thing. Most of those Sixers teams started out slow, and then went on crazy runs at the end of the year, so that didn't really help his allstar chances haha. They didn't have a lot of hype around the allstar break at all.

Dre Miller really was great on Philly though. 17 PPG 7 APG while leading a team of Iguodala + below average players to the playoffs. The numbers don't even tell the whole story. I was sad to see the Sixers lowball him in free agency, hes my favorite point guard ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    He deserves more credit for what kind of player he is. He will never be an all-star, never be on an all-nba team, and will never get into the Hall of Fame.

He is TENTH in all-time assists and 41st in all-time steals.

I was at the game tonight, and Miller showed me yet again why I am glad he is in Denver.
    Nice man it was a great game, I'm jealous.

I'd just like to see him get credit other than the occasional "old man game" bullcrap whenever the Nuggets play.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    I'd just like to see him get credit other than the occasional "old man game" bullcrap whenever the Nuggets play.
    THIS.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease eSOL's Avatar

Mother****in bravo.

That was ****in legit what he did.

Miller has always been under the radar. Just not a very outspoken guy. He's always came across as sort of reticent. And that's probably why he has always been overlooked.

Andre Miller is an okay player that should never have even thought about seeing an allstar game. His numbers don't tell the whole story. He's not really a playmaker, he gets his assists by dominating the ball and getting bailed out by shooters. He doesn't drive and kick, doesn't really make plays for others in transition if it's not a lead pass.

He's a shooting guard, that can't shoot the long ball...and scores with crafty moves, but it takes up half the shot clock to get there. He's useless on the court without the ball in his hands, and you don't really want it in his hands as if he's some star or something. Which means for all of his career, he really should've been a 6th man for some great team, or continue to be a key figure for some 1st round team with big weaknesses like outside shooting, pace and defense that he adds to.

I'd rather have had Kenny Smith on my all star team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Andre Miller is an okay player that should never have even thought about seeing an allstar game. His numbers don't tell the whole story. He's not really a playmaker, he gets his assists by dominating the ball and getting bailed out by shooters. He doesn't drive and kick, doesn't really make plays for others in transition if it's not a lead pass.

He's a shooting guard, that can't shoot the long ball...and scores with crafty moves, but it takes up half the shot clock to get there. He's useless on the court without the ball in his hands, and you don't really want it in his hands as if he's some star or something. Which means for all of his career, he really should've been a 6th man for some great team, or continue to be a key figure for some 1st round team with big weaknesses like outside shooting, pace and defense that he adds to.

I'd rather have had Kenny Smith on my all star team.
    Could be true, your obviously not going to be a GREAT team if Andre Miller is your best player, but this is "the best player to never make the allstar team" where Andre Miller is as good as it gets.

This is still a guy that had the ability to carry a bunch of guys(and he did it tonight in the 4th quarter too) and can lead a team to the playoffs with a slightly above .500 record. He certainly isn't the prototypical player as you note which could be why he never made a team to begin with.

Also he is NOT a shooting guard, dude is great at orchestrating an offense, just because he doesn't kick and drive doesn't mean he didn't have a point guard mentality, hes top ten alltime in assists for ****s sake. There are other ways to play point than "kick and drive". Millers game was never about dominating with a quick first step, but more about using change of pace/positioning/footwork to gain his advantages. His style never drawed defenses into him because guys could technically stay in front of him, but they'd still get beat.

Edit: Your also going to be hard pressed to find a star point guard whose talents are utilized "without the ball" lol. Those are role players like Derek Fisher who are just used for spacing and secondary ball handlers.
    Last edited by TonyMontana; 04-21-2013 at 04:15 AM.

The problem with miller is his lazy as fuq.(Nugget and cav fans might have an idea of this) Big fan of his game though. Great performance tonight.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Andre Miller's a very good player, always has been. Now find me a year where he should have been an All Star.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Andre Miller's a very good player, always has been. Now find me a year where he should have been an All Star.
    I think the OP is saying that he's the best player never to make an all-star team, not that he should have made it any particular year.

I'm going to agree that Miller is at the top of the list in that regard.

He's like that old dude at the local court that always seems to win no matter how old and slow he is. He's crafty as fu ck.

Local High School Star

i remember having him and Baron as the upcoming PGs on championship teams back in the days when they were young guys in the NBA.

he cant dunk and doesnt score 20+ points, so 90% of the fans dont care about him.