Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Stop supporting Michael Jordan!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime LA
    The new J's have looked disgusting anyways, and these don't look any different. I'll get the new Kobe's instead
    I agree. New Jordans are not nice at all. But - be honest with yourself - Kobe's aren't actually example of beautiful either.

And cmon, why lie, we all buy shoes based on LOOKS and NAME, not "quality".

They're all built in same shed in Vietnam, how are they different?

I know this are past model, but never the less, these are easily, EASILY, the most repelling basketball shoes I've ever seen in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Riker
    I agree. New Jordans are not nice at all. But - be honest with yourself - Kobe's aren't actually example of beautiful either.

And cmon, why lie, we all buy shoes based on LOOKS and NAME, not "quality".

They're all built in same shed in Vietnam, how are they different?

I know this are past model, but never the less, these are easily, EASILY, the most repelling basketball shoes I've ever seen in my life.

those are not the new ones, compare the new J's to the new Kobe's.

Last edited by ShowTime LA; 01-11-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Local High School Star

haters. these type of people just dont hate on how expensive shoes are..

thread creators like this guy hate on everyone in the world.

they see someone driving in a nice car and they hate

its just the type of person they are.

let them hate

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    this is a basketball forum.
    So you're saying the posters are too stupid to comprehend a comparative analogy?

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Jordan Brand has an 'exclusive' image to uphold, and pricing their shoes at 60 bucks ain't gonna do it.

ding ding ding. we have a winner

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

nothing wrong with MJ/Nike making the money...
    but when kids are being murdered for a pair of shoes, perhaps something is wrong with the system?

maybe someone like MJ could make a verbal and/or financial statement instead of just quietly pocketing royalties? why? because his is a voice that young people would actually listen to...unlike just about everyone else.
    Last edited by bleedinpurpleTwo; 01-11-2009 at 04:58 PM.

He'll still be releasing basketball shoes after he's dead

$190-$230!!!!?? Dang.

The sad part, a lot of people will still buy his shoes at that high a-- price, I just know I aint buying them now, next week, or next year. $190 for some shoes. You gotta be tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime LA
    those are not the new ones, compare the new J's to the new Kobe's.

the kobes are decent, but you cant ball in them like the hyperdunks.

if you getting a casual shoe get the Fusions

im getting me a fusion prolly either 5,6, 20,23 those are the ones i like i got to wait until i c what college im going to so i can get matchign colors tho.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    the kobes are decent, but you cant ball in them like the hyperdunks.
    Half the lakers wear them and they seem to be doing ok in them .

Jordan lost his ass in his divorce so he probably feels a little cash poor now.

2 ShowTime LA: read my post above yours...I know those aren't new.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    maybe someone like MJ could make a verbal and/or statement instead of just quietly pocketing royalties?
    This is one of the top 3 things I ADMIRE about MJ. He REFUSED to speak on these things more than maybe once.

He is NOT your parent, he is not your governor, he is not your guardian.

He's a basketball player, athlete. And he said it numerous times, you can look at his game to get inspired to play basketball, or anything that you love and want to succeed at.

But everything outside that court - is his own business.

But in today's "big brother" society, it's pretty damn hard to maintain your private life. He tried, and given the pressure he was subjected to, I think he succeeded. Sure he divorced. But so did your neighbours. Or someone close to you. That sure isn't nothing to get excited about these days.

Back to shoes, some of new Jordan's I like

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Jordan lost his ass in his divorce so he probably feels a little cash poor now.
    Yeah...could you spot him little bit? Just so he can get back on his feet and all...cmon man, do it for old Mike, help him out

this is the first thread i have read in which all post are good. i hope i dont bring it down.

the thing that upsets me is that big corporations like jordan clothes inc. say they must use cheap labor to keep the prices down. i hear it cost about 5-10 dollars to make a pair of shoes. i wonder how much it would cost if these shoes were made in the usa. and to me this is the reason our country is in the situation were in right know. greedy rich people taking advantage of poor people over seas and taking jobs from middle class americans. something has to be done.

one thing i always try to keep in mind when i think about the price of his shoes is a thing they talked about in the late 80s/early 90s... at some point, some guys had done a pretty in depth study to try to determine MJ's overall impact on the US economy.

some things to keep in mind at that time-- he had the 2nd most recognizable face globally behind the pope.

he was pulling in something along the lines of 55 million/year between his contract and endorsements (at that time--it got bigger later).

the estimate wound up being that he had generated over 300 billion for the US economy.

that's a LOT of money. i can't really be mad at the guy. yes, i do think the shoes are really over priced. no, i wouldn't buy them now (used to buy a lot of Jordans when i was young and they were 125ish). still, 300 billion is a big impact, and that was almost two decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    I just read that his new shoes that are set to drop Jan 31 are expected to be $190-230. Jordan has made so much money in his career from basketball to endorsements yet he contiuously puts out these high priced shoes. Doesn't he realize it's a recession? He only cares about himself. He knows he's the greatest to ever play the game and his brand is one of the most popular so you would think he'd cater to the people supporting him and put out reasonable prices on these shoes. This is the reason why I respect guys like Shaq and Marbury.

/rant
    Do you seriously think he makes the prices on his shoes? Nike bean counters figure out what they can squeeze out of people. MJ isn't even dedicated that much to running his teams, so why the hell would you think he sets the prices on his shoes?