Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Why isn't Rick Carlisle getting more talk for COY?

This guy is operating with Dirk who is a 35 year old who is past his prime, Monta Ellis an explosive guard but has never led a team to the playoffs. This team has no legit interior play, no big man who can score inside or a dominant defensive force. They have a 35 year old Shawn Marion as their SF, a 37 year old Vince Carter off the bench and Calderon who is a below average starting point guard at best. It's mind boggling to me that they have the #4 ranked offense.

If you would just judge this team just by looking at their roster you would think they would be a bottom team in the West, but they are nearing 50 wins and are close to clinching a playoff spot in a brutal conference. I've always believed that Carlisle is the most underrated coach in the league, dude is a top 5 coach in the NBA.

Default Re: Why isn't Rick Carlisle getting more talk for COY?

Over rated coach who would be ringless as a coach without an all time choke job by a Lebron James.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Over rated coach who would be ringless as a coach without an all time choke job by a Lebron James.

Banned

because others are doing better with less?

dwayne casey is getting 0 talk about COY but has done good stuff with toronto with less than carlisle.

Sunshine State

Is Calderon below average? Whenever I see him play he's pretty good.

they already clinched by the way.

Anyways, I agree with your post. Carlisle has his flaws, but he has done a good job. He should be getting more talks for COY, but maybe its because coaches like Havlicek, Pop, and Thibs are ahead of him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Is Calderon below average? Whenever I see him play he's pretty good.
    He is an average PG. Great shooter, decent playmaker, but he is really bad on defense. When his shot isnt falling, he is pretty much useless.

The problem I have with Calderon is his contract. Too long, and a little overpaid. He can be a really good back up PG though.

Because Gregg Popovich. And to a slightly lesser extent, Tom Thibodeau.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    because others are doing better with less?

dwayne casey is getting 0 talk about COY but has done good stuff with toronto with less than carlisle.

Casey is soooo bad, but his players have a lot of heart. Don't let the wins fool you

Popovich should get it every year.

Put another coach in charge of his players and I doubt you see the same success.

He does more with less talent each and every year. NTM core players are old.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

Casey is soooo bad, but his players have a lot of heart. Don't let the wins fool you

Exactly...Casey is an idiot who has no clue how to even have correct subbing rotations. Jonas has been robbed all year by this idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    This guy is operating with Dirk who is a 35 year old who is past his prime, Monta Ellis an explosive guard but has never led a team to the playoffs. This team has no legit interior play, no big man who can score inside or a dominant defensive force. They have a 35 year old Shawn Marion as their SF, a 37 year old Vince Carter off the bench and Calderon who is a below average starting point guard at best. It's mind boggling to me that they have the #4 ranked offense.

If you would just judge this team just by looking at their roster you would think they would be a bottom team in the West, but they are nearing 50 wins and are close to clinching a playoff spot in a brutal conference. I've always believed that Carlisle is the most underrated coach in the league, dude is a top 5 coach in the NBA.
    I agree that Carlisle is a really good coach, but by these standards Pop should be the runaway winner. Best record in the league with a past his prime PF, Tony Parker averaging 17/6, and a bunch of role players and cast offs who he has coaxed incredible seasons out of. Nobody on that team averages more than 17ppg, but they win because of their ball movement on offense and tough as hell defense. This may be Pop's best coaching job yet, and he's the one who deserves CotY.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I agree that Carlisle is a really good coach, but by these standards Pop should be the runaway winner. Best record in the league with a past his prime PF, Tony Parker averaging 17/6, and a bunch of role players and cast offs who he has coaxed incredible seasons out of. Nobody on that team averages more than 17ppg, but they win because of their ball movement on offense and tough as hell defense. This may be Pop's best coaching job yet, and he's the one who deserves CotY.
    Third-string players beating starters gets you COTY imo.

Dude is coaching toe to toe with Pop right now, like I said top 5 coach.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Would this even be a conversation if Dallas is down 2-1?