Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Is Rick Carlisle outcoaching Gregg Popovich?

Sure seems like it.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Is Rick Carlisle outcoaching Gregg Popovich?

Mavs players played better. Carter is knocking down shots. Monta is playing the way he always has essentially. DeJuan Blair is like a bully in the paint and grabbing boards. People don't remember, but he was a part of the #7 seed Spurs taking out the #2 seed Mavs not long ago. Hard to pin any of these wins on superior/inferior coaching. Not enough credit goes to the players

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Mavs players played better. Carter is knocking down shots. Monta is playing the way he always has essentially. DeJuan Blair is like a bully in the paint and grabbing boards. People don't remember, but he was a part of the #7 seed Spurs taking out the #2 seed Mavs not long ago. Hard to pin any of these wins on superior/inferior coaching. Not enough credit goes to the players
    Does it seem odd to you that you failed to mention the best Mavs player over the last 2 games?

Just curious...

And to answer the OP...yes, so far he is in my opinion

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Does it seem odd to you that you failed to mention the best Mavs player over the last 2 games?

Just curious...
    Huh? Do you follow all my posts?

Just curious....

Just curious...

And to answer the OP...yes, so far he is in my opinion
    Dat piccolo avy

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Yes.
    I believe RC is the best coach in the league. He was great with the Pacers but he improved extremely since he had joined the mavs.

In this series, he clearly outcoached GP. I have the feeling that Popovich has almost never reacted to Carlisle moves and just stuck with his plan, while Carlisle had a very dynamic approach to each game. You can say that RC "micro" outcoached GP.

Huh? Do you follow all my posts?

Just curious....
    You are in threads about Mavs Spurs...so i generally see them.

And I just find it hilarious how you mention all you did without failing to mention the Mavs best player over the last 2 games.

Which is odd...but we know you...just trying to show you why people call you a Dirk hater.

It's just funny...

Just like I saw you in the other thread about Dirk talking about where Ellis would rank.

It's fine, but you could just admit you don't like Dirk. You play this absurd game about liking Dirk, saw you post it early in the game thread when Dirk was talking about Duncan...but then go out of your way to never give him any credit

Anyway...total toss up series so far (yes...sorry it's true)...great and fun to watch.

Very good NBA starter

You are in threads about Mavs Spurs...so i generally see them.

And I just find it hilarious how you mention all you did without failing to mention the Mavs best player over the last 2 games.

Which is odd...but we know you...just trying to show you why people call you a Dirk hater.

It's just funny...

Just like I saw you in the other thread about Dirk talking about where Ellis would rank.

It's fine, but you could just admit you don't like Dirk. You play this absurd game about liking Dirk, saw you post it early in the game thread when Dirk was talking about Duncan...but then go out of your way to never give him any credit

Anyway...total toss up series so far (yes...sorry it's true)...great and fun to watch.
    Dude I'm living in your head rent free

Banned

i would sooooo suck Carlisle's dick right now.

Dude I'm living in your head rent free
    Uhhhh...okay....

I see your posts and respond to them.

I give you the benefit of the doubt...should I not?

Honestly dude...I think Dirk is living in your head. It makes you lose touch with reality. Like in the other thread for hating on Dirk for shooting 41% and then propping Monta for shooting 40%.

Anyway...keep on keeping on.

Green goes 7-7, 2-2 from 3pt land and Pop plays him only 29 minutes. He puts Belli, Ayres and Bonner on the court but limits Green. Green should be on Monta and Leonard on Marion/Carter. Don't put Leonard on Monta - he's to big to be chasing him around. And when Green is hot, play him 40 minutes and forget about your precious rotation.

Why does Pop not make adjustments? It's always the players need to put more effort, play harder, etc.

Game 7: please play only Duncan, Parker, Manu, Splitter, Diaw, Leonard, Green and Mills. No more Belli please.
    Last edited by rmt; 05-02-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Monta is playing far better than he's ever played. He's making better passes and taking better shots. He's playing so much unlike he's ever played. He's playing for a coach who doesn't take any shit, and he's listening. Good for him. It's nice to see a player blossom and improve even after several years in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Monta is playing far better than he's ever played. He's making better passes and taking better shots. He's playing so much unlike he's ever played. He's playing for a coach who doesn't take any shit, and he's listening. Good for him. It's nice to see a player blossom and improve even after several years in the league.
    Bingo...

Yea, he's playing like he always has...yea...he's taken over so many do or die games in the playoffs in the 4th qtr...LOL

Very good NBA starter

Uhhhh...okay....

I see your posts and respond to them.

I give you the benefit of the doubt...should I not?

Honestly dude...I think Dirk is living in your head. It makes you lose touch with reality. Like in the other thread for hating on Dirk for shooting 41% and then propping Monta for shooting 40%.

Anyway...keep on keeping on.
    You said in another thread, "you make me want to hate the Spurs so much" or something like that. which I ignored. A stranger on a message board made you feel that way. and you're talking to be about losing touch with reality? with your 16+ thousand post on your accounts and endless paragraphs and rants? one of the biggest homers on this board? You're obsessive homie, but whatever, keep on keeping on. Cheers to the Mavs. Their whole team played well tonight, from top to bottom, and props to Carlisle. Always liked him.

You said in another thread, "you make me want to hate the Spurs so much" or something like that. which I ignored. A stranger on a message board made you feel that way. and you're talking to be about losing touch with reality? with your 16+ thousand post on your accounts and endless paragraphs and rants? one of the biggest homers on this board? You're obsessive homie, but whatever, keep on keeping on. Cheers to the Mavs. Their whole team played well tonight, from top to bottom, and props to Carlisle. Always liked him.
    I have one account.

And you are making fun of me being on a basketball message board while being on a basketball message board...

And yes, annoying fans like yourself make me like the Spurs less. Clearly I make you like Dirk less....I just don't take it as far as you do

But whatever...you know I'm right.