View Poll Results: Who overcame the bigger talent deficit?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2016 Finals - Lebron/Kyrie/Love vs. Curry/Klay/Dray

9 39.13%
  • 2011 Finals - Dirk vs. Lebron/Wade/Bosh

14 60.87%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron's goat criteria

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Based on the English language, there's only 1 goat ("greatest of all time" is a singular expression)

So "goat-level" for rings and accolades is 6 rings in the modern era... 6 fmvp... and 9 seasons of both all-nba and all-defense.

Therefore, Lebron's 3 rings/fmvp's and 5 two-way seasons is nowhere near goat... Right?... Is 3 rings close to 6?... Is 3 fmvp close to 6?... Is 5 seasons of all-nba/all-defense close to 9?

So lebron is NOT goat-level in rings or accolades...

A better term for Lebron is "all-time-level" regarding rings and accolades... otoh, you could argue his stats are "goat" or "goat-level" - I don't think they're even close, but there's ways you could argue it..

but the rings or accolades aren't even close, and rings essentially shows the effectiveness of the stats.. Lebron's stats are less effective due to the various reasons at the bottom of this post
    So this was a long ass way of saying you can't grasp the term goat level.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    At the end of the day, 3ball got to watch GOAT MJ while those arguing against him had to settle for watching LeBron instead and have to cope with him losing 6 times in the finals.

3ball wins again.
    at the end of the day Lebron ran you off your other account. what a puss.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon

Straight_Bawling

Can't run me off an account I never had to begin with. At the end of the day, 3ball watched the GOAT, you watched mediocrity.

Can't run me off an account I never had to begin with. At the end of the day, 3ball watched the GOAT, you watched mediocrity.
    I think your next user name should be Straight_Beeyotch I mean who lets a man they'll never meet in their life run them off an anonymous user name on the internet amongst other anonymous people? That's high level insecurity.

I think your next user name should be Straight_Beeyotch I mean who lets a man they'll never meet in their life run them off an anonymous user name on the internet amongst other anonymous people? That's high level insecurity.
    Except none of that ever happened. What we do know is that you keep desperately trying to defend a 6 time loser that you'll never meet. There's nothing more insecure then that. Next time, just agree with what 3ball is posting and you won't feel so insecure.

Except none of that ever happened. What we do know is that you keep desperately trying to defend a 6 time loser that you'll never meet. There's nothing more insecure then that. Next time, just agree with what 3ball is posting and you won't feel so insecure.
    and lame as hell on top of what I've already stated. It's so sad to the point you should just come clean and start fresh, nobody's buying what you're selling bro. man up

and lame as hell on top of what I've already stated. It's so sad to the point you should just come clean and start fresh, nobody's buying what you're selling bro. man up
    Another insecure post. Keep desperately trying to defend a 6 time loser that you'll never meet.

It’s true. Almost everyone realizes he’s Straight Ballin (he also has an account called LBJFTW btw) so there’s no point in hiding it.

[QUOTE=RRR3]It

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

as if the board could be possibly laughing or cringing at him any more than they already do....but shhh you'll spoil his secret identity.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Bran's GLOAT criteria:

6 Finals loses.
    - 2 Final loss sweeps, owns the two biggest Final loss differentials in history (aka the "quit" variable).
    The Greatest Finals Choke of All-time.
    - with a superteam and FMVP effort from a Top 5 player, fellow superstar and FMVP in Wade.
    Biggest superstar shortcutter and confessed colluder of all-time.
    - Can't win without super teams. Stacks the deck with all-stars and superstars to the brim. Single-handily destroyed the already at the time (2011) , weak Eastern Conference.
    Top 3 biggest backstabber of all-time
    - Calls teammates "squad" and "my guys" - works behind the scenes to trade them, have the media talk sh1t by having little birds drop info or simply jumps ship and leave others hanging.
    Top 2 empty stats
    - Racks them stats up like few except Wilt, needs closers to bail him out in real crunch.
    Limited skill set.
    - It's either a Lebron ball, Pick and Roll fest, kick to the corner or BUST system. No off-ball game, limited post-game of what was for the majority of his career non-existant. Poor volume jumpshooter.
    Coach Killer.
    - Runaway serial killer with a taste for white coaches. They simply don't last long. "Stats don't lie about that".

In short, he has Oscar, Wilt, Elgin and Jerry West easily beat on the GLOAT list.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 09-07-2019 at 06:30 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

[COLOR="DarkRed"]So this was a long ass way of saying you can't grasp the term goat level. [/COLOR]
    •There's only 3 guys ever to score more points, none in the postseason.
    •You can literally count on 1 hand how many guys are ahead of him in any impact stats for their careers. (and i dont mean a single stat. i mean combined)
    •There's only one guy with more fmvps, 2 if you give Russell his due.(which ironically would be the true goat collection of accolades)
    •only 2 guys with more Mvps
    •no players with more all nba 1st team selections
    •no player with more all nba selections period.
    •only 2 players with more allstar selections
    •only 2 or 3 players to Lead their teams to more titles as the man.
    wanna rethink all that drivel you posted?
    - 6 rings is goat for modern era/3-pointer basketball - so lebron's 3 rings isn't goat-level

- 6 FMVP's and 5 MVP's (11 total) is the goat standard for modern era/3-pointer basketball - so lebron's 3 FMVP's and 4 MVP's (7 total) isn't goat-level

So again, Lebron isn't"goat-level" at rings (winning), or MVP/FMVP (accolades).. Again, "all-time" level is the right word for Lebron's rings and accolades... not goat level

move them goalposts bro, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Lebron has better longevity[/COLOR] than Mj and it's not even close. You can cherry pick a time period but we all know how long Lebron has been around and where he is on all the charts.
    Lebron played more seasons but had a much shorter period of elite 2-way play (only 5 seasons with both 1st team all-nba and all-defense, versus 9 for MJ), and a shorter period of MVP-caliber play from 09-13' (5 years), versus 88-98' for MJ (11 years).

And you've conflated his longevity with accolades - having the most 1st teams is tied to games played (longevity)... And ur wrong anyway - MJ has more 1st teams (9 all-nba and 9 all-defense, 18 total)

Regarding advanced stats - only MJ is top 2 all-time in PER, VORP, BPM, and WS/48 for regular season and playoffs... Regarding raw stats - MJ is the PPG leader by a wide margin.

So rather than attempt to debunk my "weak" argument, you chose to run away from the square completely? Just listing every subjective, opinion based negative you can create isn't a reply to my post, kinda like you just said "no mas" and just repeated his vague, unverifiable reply.

If you must quote me, try addressing the content of the quote you find in error. Thanks.
    I was responding to your assertion that tpols was vague - so I made it clear and it's funny because most of my assertions are directly backed by stats:

the stats show lebron doesn't shoot well from mid-range or FT, and doesn't dominate the post, while being turnover-prone.... he also shoots poorly at high volume due to the extra jumpshooting - his jumpshooting efficiency and overall efficiency is much lower in seasons where he took a lot of jumpers.. I can post all these jumpshooting stats with links to the source data.

The stats also show that teammates see their assists crater alongside lebron, so the TEAM has low assists and gets massively out-assisted in the championship - these are all statistical facts

But there's plenty more... The stats show that lebron lowers teammate assists while increasing their assisted rate - so he turns teammates into play-finishers/spot-up shooters, which doesn't develop teammates and requires team-hopping for ready made stars/teams

But there's more... NBA.com stats show that his time of possession is the highest of all-time (his 15' Finals was a record and 30% higher than 19' Harden's regular season).. his ball-dominant skillset doesn't fit with other ball-handlers - only shooters excel alongside him, which puts a ceiling on his teams and cause many players to avoid playing with him
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-07-2019 at 06:37 PM.

as if the board could be possibly laughing or cringing at him any more than they already do....but shhh you'll spoil his secret identity.
    You are typing paragraphs defending a 6 time loser you will never meet. It doesn't get any more cringe than that.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    It’s true. Almost everyone realizes he’s Straight Ballin (he also has an account called LBJFTW btw) so there’s no point in hiding it.
    You are the most bullied loser on here. No one cares about your false alt accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Cringin’
    Seething.