Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: A few basketball accomplishments that only MJ has

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    How do these retards get through in life being this stupid? Government support? Mom's basement? Something else?

I have OCD, really need to figure this one out.... they're living in my head... RENT FREE! OH NO!!!!!
    They don't. Their families take care of them while they play video games, watch TV, and go on the internet all day. I mean, it's pretty clear that 6 finals losses is the same as 6 finals wins in their mind.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

2 additions:

- only top 10 player to never lose as the 1 or 2 seed (i.e. kareem lost 9 times, magic/lebron/bird 6 each).. MJ was 6-0

- only MJ/Kobe won multiple rings with only 1 all-star teammate or HOF, except Shaq (who had Kobe), and Hakeem (when MJ was out of league)

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

3ball - As a 45 year old that watched Mike's career from about 1988 onward in its entirety - he doesn't need defended or explained.
    He's head and shoulders the GOAT.
    30PPG career with 50% shooting and 6/6 with 6 FMVP and 10 scoring titles is widely known and all that needs to be said.

Like someone else said - wake me up when someone else gets their 4th FMVP, let alone 5 and 6. The league is boring since Mike left. Seriously.

Losing to the same team three consecutive years, with worse stats vs regular season every time.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    - only player with 4+ fmvp (he has 6)
    - only player at 30/5/5 for regular season... And playoffs... and Finals
    - all-time leader in PPG, including a 4-point margin in playoffs
    - 10 scoring titles (record)
    - only player to win scoring title & dpoy in same season (88').. he also won MVP that yr
    - only perimeter player to win scoring title and title in same season (6 times)
    - all-time playoff records for single game pts, series ppg, and Finals ppg
    - #1 all-time championship frequency since the 3-point line began (6 in 15 yrs.. 40.0%)
    - only MVP to win 70+ and the championship
    - only player to sweep all 3 MVP's, scoring title, 1st team all-D, and ring in same season
    - only player that is top 2 in career PER, VORP, BPM, WS/48 for regular season and playoffs
    - highest frequency of combined 1st team all-nba and 1st team all-defense - 19 selections in 10 seasons
    - only HOF that was never outscored by a teammate in a playoff series (MJ led team by average margin of 15.4 ppg over 2nd option)
    - Best winning stats ever - 33.7 ppg and 6.6 apg in 91-93' PO (27.2 and 7.2 for lebron in 12/13/16' PO)
    - Best losing stats ever - 44 ppg against champion 86' celtics and their #1 defense, and 40 ppg combined versus 86' and 87' celts