Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Kareem & Wilt- Unstoppable

Check out my new highlight video, just a SMALL sample of these 2 greats career's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL46YUxHFOE

The music ended before the highlights did, so I just threw in another similar song. Not the usual highlight music but it doesn't hurt mixing it up

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!

Default Re: Kareem & Wilt- Unstoppable

Credit too garioldwin, dantheman9758 (cavsFTW) and Jrylaarsdam on youtube for the great footage!

cool vid!

Wilt's two go-to moves are obviously the fadeaway and finger roll (as well as some dunks/layups), while KAJ obviously had the sky hook

I'm wondering if Wilt ever developed a hook, or if Kareem faded away at times?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    cool vid!

Wilt's two go-to moves are obviously the fadeaway and finger roll (as well as some dunks/layups), while KAJ obviously had the sky hook

I'm wondering if Wilt ever developed a hook, or if Kareem faded away at times?
    oh yeah both of them for sure had what you mentioned...I've watched some early 80's late 70's games of Kareem and he had a really good jumpshot/fadeaway. And Although it looked a LOT different, Wilt had a really good hookshot himself. Surprisingly, even Russell had a great hook...hell..almost ALL players from the 60's had a decent hook in there rep...even cousy!!

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    oh yeah both of them for sure had what you mentioned...I've watched some early 80's late 70's games of Kareem and he had a really good jumpshot/fadeaway. And Although it looked a LOT different, Wilt had a really good hookshot himself. Surprisingly, even Russell had a great hook...hell..almost ALL players from the 60's had a decent hook in there rep...even cousy!!
    the hook was big in the 60s from my understanding, both inside and outside the post (especially since most standard outside attempts were set shots, before Pettit came along of course)...from reading articles, a lot of writers have noted that Wilt's fade was great, but he had a supbar hook (at least in his first few seasons)

I've watched a lot of Kareem's Lakers years, but haven't seen many fadeaways, though I'm sure a couple have based through unnoticed; if you happen to see any clips for either guy, be sure to let me know (I'm interested in comparing their forms, since both guys were noted for one move but not so much the other)!

>Putting Wilt with Kareem

Smh. It's not like they have anything to do in common. They didn't even really play each other. Jlauber can testify for that last phrase.

Will do! I could be wrong about kareem doing a fadeaway, but I dont see how its possible that he didnt do it a couple of times lol

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Wilt had a hook shot. Actually Wilt had more moves in his repertoire than Kareem. Wilt being probably the only or one of the few that could stop the sky hook. Both had superb foot work. They are like gods in the basketball world.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Wilt had a hook shot. Actually Wilt had more moves in his repertoire than Kareem. Wilt being probably the only or one of the few that could stop the sky hook. Both had superb foot work. They are like gods in the basketball world.
    Since you seem to have a good idea on the history of the game, can you give a list of each of there moves and who was better at each possibly?

Wilt is stoppable. Just put him in a pressure situation. Boom. Done.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Interesting...

Doesn't speak very much for Kareem, then. The two met in two straight WCF's in 70-71 and 71-72, and in the two series clinching games, Kareem shot 23-60 (.383) from the field, while Chamberlain shot 18-33 (.545.)

In fact, Kareem had FAR more "choke jobs" in his post-season career than Chamberlain did.

Dunce "thinkin' slow" is stoppable. Just put him in a logical situation. boom. done.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Dunce "thinkin' slow" is stoppable. Just put him in a logical situation. boom. done.
    Well, to his credit, he is on record as claiming that Wilt shooting 1-11 from the line in game seven of the '70 Finals (in a blowout loss), cost him 3-4 rings.

Amazing how ONE game could cost him so much. Had he just hit a few more FTs in a couple of other game seven's, and Chamberlain likely would have won 10+ rings.

lol can someone dig up the Sam Jones numbers?

call me nuts, but as I've said a few times on this board, he has a case for most clutch offensive player in league history

perhaps I'm a broken record, from reading articles, he's had 25+ playoff game winners easy

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow