Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers will win NBA championship this year

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    No, I'm very aware of Brooks' shortcomings. I've been one of his biggest critics this past season. But your head coach has had decent talent in Chicago and LA...at least enough to go above .500. And he hasn't done that. Your guy has ZERO credentials suggesting he's a good head coach in this league, or better than Brooks. None. Zilch. Nada. Until he accomplishes something, ANYTHING, your argument is null and void.
    Still way too soon dude. Chicago like us had a very young, unbalanced roster with injured players. Not only that but they competed like crazy in the playoffs in the first round both seasons. No matter how talented you feel the rosters are.. you need to give VDN more of a chance before criticizing him. He finally has a really good squad to work with this year. Let's see what he can do.

At worst Brooks is a slightly better coach. I just found it comical that a Thunder fan... who supports a coach that's known as very flawed.. is making comments like "You won't go anywhere with Vinny as your coach". You should know from having a super young coach that it takes time. Thunder took 2 full seasons before the turnaround in the 3rd season. Clippers have had one fu**ing season so lay off the double standards.

Vinny has the tools to become a good coach and as of right now he's a decent-solid one. People act like coaches win championships. Unless you're an elite coach like Pops, Adelman, PJ, Hollins, Rivers etc.. a coaches impact is very minimal in the way of wins and losses. It's up to the players to get it done.

For example.. Erik Spoelstra is a subpar coach but got COTY considerations because Miami's players carried the team far. They could of easily won the ring with Spoelstra as a coach. Which proves a coach isn't going to prevent a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I will say the Thunder have the worst end of game possessions I've ever seen. They always seem to end up with Durant chucking up a deep 3.
    Yup. Very bad execution. Tons of iso ball. Dependent on fastbreaks. Once Thunder slow down into halfcourt sets they are a total mess.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Still way too soon dude. Chicago like us had a very young, unbalanced roster with injured players. Not only that but they competed like crazy in the playoffs in the first round both seasons. No matter how talented you feel the rosters are.. you need to give VDN more of a chance before criticizing him. He finally has a really good squad to work with this year. Let's see what he can do.

At worst Brooks is a slightly better coach. I just found it comical that a Thunder fan... who supports a coach that's known as very flawed.. is making comments like "You won't go anywhere with Vinny as your coach". You should know from having a super young coach that it takes time. Thunder took 2 full seasons before the turnaround in the 3rd season. Clippers have had one fu**ing season so lay off the double standards.

Vinny has the tools to become a good coach and as of right now he's a decent-solid one. People act like coaches win championships. Unless you're an elite coach like Pops, Adelman, PJ, Hollins, Rivers etc.. a coaches impact is very minimal in the way of wins and losses. It's up to the players to get it done.

For example.. Erik Spoelstra is a subpar coach but got COTY considerations because Miami's players carried the team far. They could of easily won the ring with Spoelstra as a coach. Which proves a coach isn't going to prevent a championship.
    At least you're willing to admit you were wrong.

For the record, the 23 win season of 08-09 Brooks was not the head coach until the second half of the season. His only two full seasons as a head coach he's won 50 and then 55 games and taken his team to the WCF. Both playoff exits have been to the eventual champs.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Man Jameson curry on the heat now eh
    Damn, haven't heard that name since his Ok St. days.

OP is a trollf@ggot, BTW.

Maybe in 2015 if the Clippers keep Paul and Griffin and make the necessary moves to balance out their roster they might win a championship. This season, I'll consider the 2nd round a successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Maybe in 2015 if the Clippers keep Paul and Griffin and make the necessary moves to balance out their roster they might win a championship. This season, I'll consider the 2nd round a successful season.
    I'd say even 2014 if everything goes smooth and everybody can stay healthy. I'd say every year there are about 5 teams that have a legit shot if they luck out with right opponents in playoffs, health etc. Clippers need to just put themselves in a position to be one of those 5 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    Mark my words Clippers will win NBA championship this year. Most likely they will face The MiAmi Heats and Clippers have better lineup. Also, Clippers big three (Paul, Griffin, Bledsoe) > Heat big three (Jameson, Wade, Bosh). They have better lobbers and better interior defenese. There is no question as to who will win.
    Gotta love that criteria for winning championships.

And at Bledisoe being big 3 material...Butler or Jordan would be the third wheel if anything

The Heat would sweep the Clippers in 4 games in a playoff series.

Defense wins in the playoffs and the Clippers have no defense while the Heat are the best defensive team in the NBA.

Lazy lobbers be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    The Heat would sweep the Clippers in 4 games in a playoff series.
    The Heat couldn't even sweep the season series between the two teams last year.

The best defensive team let the Clippers score 44 points in the 1st quarter.
    Last edited by Fiasco; 12-17-2011 at 04:12 AM.

Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

I'd honestly be really surprised if any team besides Miami won the NBA finals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    The Heat couldn't even sweep the season series between the two teams last year.
    regular season means nothing.

Heat 0-3 vs Bulls in reg season and 1-4 vs Celtics in reg season (or whatever it was).

Then the playoffs came and a total reversal = Heat 4-1 vs Bulls and 4-1 vs Celtics in playoffs.

/Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

I think it's abit unfair to call Spo a subpar coach, I think he is a pretty good coach with potenial to be a very good one. His defense is top tier and has been most years.

Although Doc Rivers was considered sub par before Boston won the title.

Quote Originally Posted by scott0326
    I'd honestly be really surprised if any team besides Miami won the NBA finals this year.
    They have to win, they have no choice. Nobody should beat them this time.

Didn't think I'd live to see the day where there were bandwagon Clippers fans lol

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    I think it's abit unfair to call Spo a subpar coach, I think he is a pretty good coach with potenial to be a very good one. His defense is top tier and has been most years.

Although Doc Rivers was considered sub par before Boston won the title.
    Fair enough. Maybe Spo is in that average-solid bracket... but so are half the coaches in the NBA and that was my main point. Most NBA coaches are on the same tier. With a couple terrible and couple elite ones thrown in. Scott Brooks is not on that high tier of coach in my opinion.