Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Kobe Bryant would be purchasing Michael Jordan's Massive Home in Highland Park

[quote]

madvillain

Default Re: Kobe Bryant would be purchasing Michael Jordan's Home in Highland Park

And the borderline-creepy Jordan fixation continues. Why doesn't he just head to Charlotte where he can be MJ with MJ?

Default Re: Kobe Bryant would be purchasing Michael Jordan's Massive Home in Highland Park

If both teams struggle, I don't think LA would use Chicago as a potential trading partner anymore. If Chicago's players aren't playing up to their expectations (directly relating to their team struggles), it would be tougher for them to land Kobe because LA's GM will be back tracking a bit and possibly demanding more then he previously asked for, thus it would be even tougher for Chicago to settle a trade that would satisfy both of these teams.

Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant would be purchasing Michael Jordan's Home in Highland Park

This is just creepy. Kobe needs mental help.

Quote Originally Posted by new noise
    And the borderline-creepy Jordan fixation continues. Why doesn't he just head to Charlotte where he can be MJ with MJ?
    Charlotte is not a great basketball destination, and it would affect the popularity of selling Bryant's Jersey in the International Market. One of the reason that he is still one of the most popular player in the NBA is because he is playing for the 2nd greatest franchise in the history of the league.

Beside I can see Bryant and Jordan having a locker room argument after discussing, Who is the Best Player in the NBA??? :

He wants to play in Chicago because that is a great basketball franchise, and Kobe Bryant being one of those Air Apparent wants to follow the direction of his Airness Michael Jordan that is why one of the reason he change his number from #8 to #24 because he felt he wants to be one step higher than Jordan.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-07-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Kobe Bryant would be purchasing Michael Jordan's Massive Home in Highland Park

I would bet alot of ball players buy houses owned or formerly owned by ball players -- mostly because ball players are freaks. You need a house that a 6'7 guy can walk aroubnd in comfortably. Most houses don't have ceilings that high.

Also ball players build courts in their basements -- nobody else really wants to pay for that.

#24 because he felt he wants to be one step higher than Jordan.
    Wasn't it his old high school number?

Bryant began his career at Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, Pa., wearing No. 24. But by 1996 -- the year he led the school to the state championship -- he had switched to No. 33, the number his father Joe "Jelly Bean" Bryant wore in high school.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Freak

Quote Originally Posted by John Starks
    I would bet alot of ball players buy houses owned or formerly owned by ball players -- mostly because ball players are freaks. You need a house that a 6'7 guy can walk aroubnd in comfortably. Most houses don't have ceilings that high.

Also ball players build courts in their basements -- nobody else really wants to pay for that.
    Yeah Starks, u right...

NFL and NBA players homes are made strictly for that lifestyle...

money, women, and sports...Looks at Shaqs house on "Cribs", it looked like the ceilings were 11 ft, or sumthin...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenon

Bryant began his career at Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, Pa., wearing No. 24. But by 1996 -- the year he led the school to the state championship -- he had switched to No. 33, the number his father Joe "Jelly Bean" Bryant wore in high school.

Thanks for the information that is the first time i heard about that trivia. :)

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenon

Doesn't mean he didn't choose it way back then because he thought he was the next coming of Jordan . It's pretty easy to see through Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
    Doesn't mean he didn't choose it way back then because he thought he was the next coming of Jordan . It's pretty easy to see through Kobe.
    I co-sign this powerful post...

But might I add, What's wrong with thinking that way?

Sh*t, I thought that way in highschool too, do you guys hate me now?

This is very strange...

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
    I co-sign this powerful post...

But might I add, What's wrong with thinking that way?

Sh*t, I thought that way in highschool too, do you guys hate me now?
    Nothing wrong with that. Kobe is just too arrogant to admit it. He claims Magic was his all time favorite player growing up yet he plays nothing, I mean nothing like Magic. No similarities whatsoever yet his mannerisms and his style is all derived from Jordan's style even down to the way they talk, lick their lips, etc. Phil even called Kobe out about in his book. It's not just a coincidence. Nothing wrong with it all but to pretend you're above it when it's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain what's going on here.

I remember an interview where Kobe said he didn't hang out with his teammates because all they did was go strip clubs or whatever and he was here to play basketball. Needless to say he got busted in Colorado freaking some girl in a hotel room. My point is and I'm sure a lot of celebs and athletes are like this that they put on a public persona but Kobe's public persona is insulting because everyone can see through it. He thinks he's a lot smarter than he is but he's really not and it's insulting some of the crap that comes out of his mouth. He even got busted this summer lying about if he contacted Andrew Bynum or not. Kobe said fo sho he talked to him and text messaged him but when Andrew was asked he said Kobe didn't contact him at all. The guy is just a habitual liar but the problem is believes a lot of his own lies. I really don't care about what he does off the court because celebs are just tv personalities to me. I have nothing emotionally invested like some of the fan bois on here. I just care how he plays on the court. Which he seems to be doing pretty well this year (team concept).

Im just waiting for the day he changes his legal name to Michael