Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forgotten

Local High School Star

Default The Forgotten

The purpose of this thread is to pay homage to the guys from past eras that are all but forgotten, despite being damn good players during their time. These are the guys that today's casual NBA fans couldn't pick out of lineup, but would be stars if they were putting up their numbers in today's league.

My pick: Detlef Schrempf

His two seasons that stand out most to me are his 19ppg 10rpg 6apg 1spg season he had in 92-93, and his 19ppg 6rpg 4apg 1spg season in 94-95 in which he shot .523 from the field and a blazing .514 from 3.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/detlef_schrempf/

There's no doubt in my mind that he'd be making max or near max money these days, yet he's never mentioned by anyone anywhere. He deserves better.

Roy = my new fave.

Schrempf was awesome. I loved how he'd take set open threes. If Schrempf was open from deep, he wouldn't jump, just drain the shot.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by saKf
    Schrempf was awesome. I loved how he'd take set open threes. If Schrempf was open from deep, he wouldn't jump, just drain the shot.
    Reminds me of Sam Perkins. Always looked like some washed up 45 year old guy playing a pickup game at the local park when he launched his 3's.

Local High School Star

Magic fans bow down to your leader

Default The Rock

Mitch Richmond.

Was the only reason the Kings were worth mentioning for a while. Mantained the franchise for 7 seasons being the leading scorer in each of them averaging 21.9ppg. Hail the rock.

rank sentamentalist

well i don't know about forgotten, but he's certainly not mentioned much, and he was pretty damn good.
    Chris Mullen.

hehe i think Schrempf brought him into my head (big, shooting, white guys, same era)

with Chris Mullin and Mitch Ritchmond already mentioned, we are only missing Tim Hardaway... Ahh, the run TMC!!

Banned

Terry freaking Porter.

Roy Tarpley

stupid drug problem

Last edited by kentatm; 07-11-2006 at 01:06 AM.

Sidney A. Moncrief

Default The Rifleman!

Chuck freekin' Person. Put up 18 and change for the Pacers before he bounced around a bit. Has there ever been a better tandem of long-range bombers than him and Reggie?

Still gets his head on TV every now and then as an assistant coach for the Pacers and looks like he has been dining out with Kobeyashi The Hot Dog Guy since he retired.

*Raises can of Coke.*

To Chuck!

Adrian Dantley

Loy Vaught

Sam Perkins

Danny Manning

Mark Price

Kevin Willis

Orlando Woolridge

Default Mark Price

Mark Price is coaching a pro team here this year. I already have season tickets. I am very much excited. Very much.

He already signed Todd Fuller to play the 5. Too awesome. Todd Fuller!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
    Reminds me of Sam Perkins. Always looked like some washed up 45 year old guy playing a pickup game at the local park when he launched his 3's.
    Blasphemy!!!

Respect to the Smooth, the guy was the last player to be better than Jordan and on the same team (albeit preseason during Jordan's freshman year)

************Warning to Jordan Fans**************

Please do not attack this, MJ was better very quickly but there was a brief time where Sam was the man and they were on the same team...that's all I am saying nothing else...disclaimer...Jordan is better...duh...don't hate.

********Now back to my post************

Sam made a career out of post defense and dragging the opponents center out of the middle with his range...all the while doing it stoned and horribly out of shape and past his prime.

Sam Perkins is a flat out bad boy who got the most out of his skill set towards the end of his career (when he looked like 'the fat 45 year old in the park') despite not fullfilling his promise coming out of college when he was taken very high by Dallas.

Respect the Smooth, love the avatar

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Alvin Robertson, only swingman to ever put up a quadruple-double, and only one to do it with steals