Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Blood Yes's Ultimate Guide: Best Players in the NBA Year-by-Year since 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    2000 - Shaq
    2001 - Shaq
    2002 - Shaq
    2003 - Duncan
    2004 - Duncan
    2005 - Duncan
    2006 - Kobe
    2007 - Kobe
    2008 - Kobe
    2009 - Lebron
    2010 - Lebron
    2011 - Lebron
    2012 - Lebron
    2013 - Lebron
    2014 - Durant
    2015 - Westbrook
    Be honest... 2014 & 2015 = LeBron, you just don't want the reign to be this long

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Default Re: Blood Yes's Ultimate Guide: Best Players in the NBA Year-by-Year since 1999

Kobe was def the best player in the league from 06-10. Lebron's reign started in 2011. Which is why his 2011 finals was such a disappointment. He was the best and was expected to play like the best

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Be honest... 2014 & 2015 = LeBron, you just don't want the reign to be this long
    What qualified Lebron for 2014?

Beating the Nets?

What qualified Lebron for 2014?

Beating the Nets?
    Still the best playoff Performer..

Not a bad series in 4 rounds, where as KD had 2 in 3 rounds... be real, if LeBron had pulled that first round you'd auto ignore him from the discussion.

Banned

LeBron has more 'best' player in the league seasons than even Jordan

Heck, he might have more than Kobe and Jordan combined

LeBron - 8 seasons as best player in the league (2008-2015)

Jordan - 6 seasons (1989-1993) - (1997)

Kobe - 1 season (arguable) 2006*

Jordan and Kobe combined - 7 seasons

LeBron 8 seasons

Very good NBA starter

Still the best playoff Performer..

Not a bad series in 4 rounds, where as KD had 2 in 3 rounds... be real, if LeBron had pulled that first round you'd auto ignore him from the discussion.
    1. Bobcats without their only good player (Jefferson).

2. The Nets

3. A dysfunctional Pacers team

So if you think putting up the emptiest numbers in NBA finals history while getting blown out like no superstar in NBA finals history is enough, then....

Lebron against the Grizz and Clippers last year was no more consistent than Durant in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Magic 32; 03-28-2015 at 03:11 PM.

NBA Superstar

[QUOTE=SwayDizzle]Kobe was def the best player in the league from 06-10. Lebron's reign started in 2011. Which is why his 2011 finals was such a disappointment. He was the best and was expected to play like the best

niga said MOURNING in 99. HAHAHAHA. What a goddamned idiot.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    niga said MOURNING in 99. HAHAHAHA. What a goddamned idiot.
    Didn't bother reading my guide, you're a dumb piece of shit

Mourning had a much better case for player of the year in 1999 over Shaq and Duncan than Westbrook does now in 2015 over LeBron

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Shep
    probably would have taken down a good suns team with his "shit" team if he showed up for that playoff series, instead in the fastest paced environment of any playoff team he does not step up, and allows the suns to come back from a 3-1 deficit to beat him, including the "give up" game 7 in which the Lakers get demolished by 31 points, with Bryant sulking. The only reason the Lakers took the Suns to a game 7 was Odom stepping up and almost outplaying your "best player in the NBA" to the tune of 19.1ppg, 11.0rpg, 4.9apg, 0.4spg, and 1.1bpg.

Wade meanwhile wins the championship, steps up more than anyone else in the playoffs, all without having a teammate inside the top 15 players in the NBA. Wade put up a remarkable 35/8/4/3/1 in the Finals cementing his spot as CLEARLY the best player in 2006.

Players that were also better than Bryant in 2006 include LeBron James, Dirk Nowitkzi, Tim Duncan, Elton Brand, and Shawn Marion.
    Apparently, 19/11/5/0.4/1 on 50/20/67 is almost better than 28/6/5/1/.4 on 50/40/77. You're acting like Kobe didn't score 50 in Game 6 when he shot 5 of 7 in overtime including 2 threes while the rest of his team shot 0/3 and missed 2 crucial free throws. Wade was great that season but let's not act like his Finals performance was Jordanesque when he averaged 18 free throws a game. If you think Shawn Marion was better than Kobe, you're mentally retarded. Only ones aguably better than Kobe was Dirk/Wade and neither were.

1. Bobcats without their only good player (Jefferson).

2. The Nets

3. A dysfunctional Pacers team

So if you think putting up the emptiest numbers in NBA finals history while getting blown out like no superstar in NBA finals history is enough, then....

Lebron against the Grizz and Clippers last year was no more consistent than Durant in the playoffs.
    lmao... Jefferson played all but one game (the last one)... and was good too, 19/9 on 49%, stop making shit up.

The worse teams LeBron played, is made up by the fact that he dragged a depleted Heat team on, while KD played on a stacked team, with Westbrook as best player in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    You're ****ing stupid you dumb LeBron **** sucking ******

First of all, EVERYONE says that they're better then they were before. LeBron isn't going to say he declined since 2007.

SECOND, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, if you weren't a ****ing dumbass and knew how to read, you would realize that I said most "accomplished", not most talented you ****ing dumb****. Of course LeBron was a better player in 2012, but LeBron did the most in 2007
    Just going back through these posts, in a less hostile manner, let me tell you this:

NO matter what you call it... best, impact, "did the most".... 2007 LeBron won't be at the top of all LeBron versions. Won't even be top 5, 6 or 7... 2007 LeBron is the 3rd "worst" version of his, tied with '05 but better than '04.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 03-28-2015 at 06:23 PM.

lmao... Jefferson played all but one game (the last one)... and was good too, 19/9 on 49%, stop making shit up.

The worse teams LeBron played, is made up by the fact that he dragged a depleted Heat team on, while KD played on a stacked team, with Westbrook as best player in the playoffs.

Just going back through these posts, in a less hostile manner, let me tell you this:

NO matter what you call it... best, impact, "did the most".... 2007 LeBron won't be at the top of all LeBron versions. Won't even be top 5, 6 or 7... 2007 LeBron is the 3rd "worst" version of his, tied with '05 but better than '04.
    LeBron took a POS team to the NBA finals at the age of 22 and had arguably a top 5 playoff performance of ALL TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    LeBron took a POS team to the NBA finals at the age of 22 and had arguably a top 5 playoff performance of ALL TIME.
    I know he did... that was a horrible team, maybe the worst finals team ever, AND I consider that a top 3 performance of ALL TIME...

but the rest of his run, especially outside the ECF, wasn't very impressive... and he had one of his worser regular season, evidenced by him missing out on the All-NBA first team (irrelevant of me agreeing on that or not).

He was still a top candidate, since LeBron standarts are high, but I'd much rather go with Dirk (I know, I know... first round exit, but I would never take those six games over an epic MVP winning regular season, in which he carried probably the worst team to ever win 65-67+ games), or even Wade (pre-injury).

I know he did... that was a horrible team, maybe the worst finals team ever, AND I consider that a top 3 performance of ALL TIME...

but the rest of his run, especially outside the ECF, wasn't very impressive... and he had one of his worser regular season, evidenced by him missing out on the All-NBA first team (irrelevant of me agreeing on that or not).

He was still a top candidate, since LeBron standarts are high, but I'd much rather go with Dirk (I know, I know... first round exit, but I would never take those six games over an epic MVP winning regular season, in which he carried probably the worst team to ever win 65-67+ games), or even Wade (pre-injury).
    They say that 1 performance could make or break you, and that is the case with LeBron's 2006-2007 season. Yes, in the regular season he wasn't up to par, but his incredible out-of-this-world performance in game 5 against Detroit more than made up for it. It's like if a guy who normally runs the 100m in 10.5 seconds all of a sudden beat the world record in his next race.

LeBron's game 5 performance was so great that it canceled out his regular season performances. The dude was jordanesque, heck maybe even beyond jordanesque

And lol at Dirk being #1 for 2007, even if it wasn't LeBron, I'd say Kobe was pretty clearly better than Dirk that season and Duncan too

NBA Legend

Cops are coming