Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Why do liberals only clown on the Christian religion but defend Islam whole hog?

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Only inbreds like the OP and his fellow conservatards believe liberals as a whole defend Islam.

Islam sucks just as badly as Christianity does. They both preach similar garbage. The main difference is that the predominantly Islamic countries never had their version of the Age of Enlightenment, so their development floundered and they have a much higher proportion of dipshit yokel types of fundies (Salafists) who believe in stoning gays and oppressing women.
    Hey person of the 21st century who has the internet and books available to him! A challenge awaits you!

2:23
    If you are in doubt as to whether the revelations which We have sent to Our servant (Muhammad) are from Us or not, then produce one Surah like this; and call your witnesses (gods that you call upon) besides Allah to assist you, if you are right in your claim.
    Make one, just one line of your own that details the meaning of life, the cosmos, the purpose of man's origin and destination, morality, meaning, the realities both spiritual and material, parables of wisdom like the Holy Qu'ran.

You're allowed to use any and all sources you want. While you're at it, draw out a blueprint for the Church. Or even keep a loyal wife and raise children well.

   

Default Re: Why do liberals only clown on the Christian religion but defend Islam whole hog?

this discussion kind of confirms certain things in my mind.

i'm not sure what to do with that information.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    this discussion kind of confirms certain things in my mind.

i'm not sure what to do with that information.
    You believe yourself to be better and more intelligent than people who have spirituality in their lives.

And yet you are constantly feeling sad and empty and rely on outside stimulus like Ray Charles music to bandaid and provide you with temporary relief.

Perhaps there are certain things about yourself that you need to question.

   

actually i kind of respect you more, knowing the whole situation. it can literally be said that you make ISH more entertaining, plus you have much love from me, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    What is my character/behavior?

Not a loaded question. I have respect for your knowledge dawg.

Jews are always taught to ask questions. This is part of our culture. It's in our oral tradition the Talmud and passed down from God. Is asking questions a bad thing according to Islamic teaching?

It's actually encouraged just like in Judaism (something I didn't know about you Jews), it is encouraged to ask anything and question everything, otherwise how else would you learn? Learning is also heavily encouraged in Islam, learn as much as you can and be an intelligent human being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    It's actually encouraged just like in Judaism (something I didn't know about you Jews), it is encouraged to ask anything and question everything, otherwise how else would you learn? Learning is also heavily encouraged in Islam, learn as much as you can and be an intelligent human being.
    Exactly, this is exactly what I believe too and Jews are taught to believe.

It's the best way to live life.

Islam and Judaism are very similar. It is a shame what has happened between the two religions. We once formed a great alliance.

5-time NBA All-Star

Sorry Nick for the character attack. It's just, your questions were largely irrelevant and unfruitful/impractical because the fate of Zoroastrianists have very little to do with your next personal course of action this very moment.

Questions are good. Without questions you have a dogmatic authoritarian culture which Imam Ghazali specifically warned about. That's room for Tyrants. Relevant Verse:
    They take their rabbis, priests and monks or ascetics to be their Lords* besides Allah. And they take as their Lord, the Messiah son of Mary. Yet they were commanded to worship but One God. There is no god but He. Praise and Glory to Him, He is far too Glorious for what they ascribe to Him. [Quran 9:31]

Say, “Shall I take for my master other than Allah Who is the Initiator of the heavens and the earth? And He provides all without return. Feeds but is not fed.” Say, “ I have been commanded to be the foremost among those who surrender to Him and ascribe not divinity besides Him.” [Quran 6:14]

"Not to take Priests and Rabbis (that includes Imams) as their Lords. ." as well as "To NEVER FOLLOW anyone blindly" as well as to "Contemplate nature and creation deeply." are instructions clearly written.

But when knowledge has been firmly established, a firm foundation based on sound wisdom and then the message is conveyed clearly; you know the next step to take. There's gonna be smart alecks who delay, delay, delay; unnecessarily.

We're behind in knowing the Scriptural Knowledge, so we must familiarize, master, and apply that first. Thus, I'd prefer you share things from the Torah as comprehensive as possible and apply those teachings to Insidehoops.

If we fail to do that, then us instead of snapping right to work tend to delay things and then it gets worse and worse and worse and worse. Like the parable in the Qu'ran points to.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 07-27-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Sorry Nick for the character attack. It's just largely irrelevant because the fate of Zoroastrianists have very little to do with your next personal course of action this very moment.

Questions are good. Without questions you have a dogmatic authoritarian culture which Imam Ghazali specifically warned about.

But when knowledge has been firmly established, a firm foundation based on sound wisdom and then the message is conveyed clearly; you know the next step to take. There's gonna be smart alecks who delay, delay, delay; unnecessarily.

I meant to say that the youthful and stubborn among us instead of snapping right to work tend to delay things and then it gets worse and worse and worse and worse. Like the parable in the Qu'ran.

It's not restricted to Children of Israel.
    I asked not as a loaded question.

I was asking to see if Islamic teaching tolerates religions like Zoroastrianism or Buddhism for example, peaceful religions that aren't the same as Judaism, Christianity or Islam.

I do not know much about zoroastrianism but I do know a bit about Buddhism and to me it is a very positive religion, and doesn't clash with ideas in Judaism.

Just for me personally, I am completely fine with people practicing any religion that doesn't harm people physically or emotionally abuse them. Judaism teaches Jews to tolerate all religions, people should be able to practice what they wish to practice as long as they are causing harm to no one.

I notice in many Islamic countries, they are purging and ethnically cleansing many non-Muslim religious groups like Coptic Christians for example, and even muslim groups like the Sufis.

Does this have to do with Islamic teaching encouraging this violence against other religions in some way, or is it violent governments acting on their own accord?

I do not bring these groups up in an attempt to smear all Islam or anything like that. I bring them up because I see a pattern in many(NOT ALL) Muslim nations across the Middle East and North Africa trying to purge these groups out of their countries.

According to Islamic teaching, is Buddha going to hell because he didn't follow Allah?

Is Islam teaching these Islamist government leaders to purge non-Muslims or is that an issue entirely unrelated from true Islam?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    actually i kind of respect you more, knowing the whole situation. it can literally be said that you make ISH more entertaining, plus you have much love from me, always.
    You know what the problem is, gigantes.

Your "I".

Some Descartian philosophy from an Islamic perspective.

From birth, the purpose of I was to be utilized as:
    I can see, therefore my Creator can see and knows the dynamics of my ocular lens.
    I can read, therefore my Creator knew that written language and symbols would register as meaning into my head.
    I can write, and I have knowledge of DNA, therefore I know that everything out there has been transcripted, transcribed and (other conclusions you can ponder upon).
    I can heal therefore I know the One who created disease has also created a cure specifically for it.
    I can choose, therefore the One who created me must have had Superior Intelligence and Will.

etc.

But humans unfortunately use it to fabricate/craft some identity they enslave themselves to and prop up some image and bolster their ego, their soul at the expense of their spiritual heart's development.

   

but what about lithium...?