Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Problem w/ Blake Griffin shoving smaller Point Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Machine
    He needs to learn how to defend before the whistle first.
    He is. Which is why his defense is looking improved this year. Still not by any means good but effective and solid in more than half the games so far this year. You expected him to be as good as prime Michael Jordan by the start of his second season?

Like I said before.. I wish people would stop the Griffin double standard. Basically he's overrated and isn't sh**. Yet people at the same time act like by his second year he's supposed to be so much greater. Which one is it!? 23, 11 and 2.5 apg to go with improved defense? That's elite for a PF and he's going to get much better.

I know it wont happen because of suspensions, but it'd be great to see Blake not hold back and actually retaliate against players who take him out mid-air with dirty fouls, like that devin harris clothesline.

There's only a small handful of players in the NBA who'd even stand a chance against Griffin in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    I know it wont happen because of suspensions, but it'd be great to see Blake not hold back and retaliate against players who take him out mid-air with dirty fouls, like that devin harris clothesline.

There's only a small handful of players in the NBA who'd even stand a chance against Griffin in a fight.
    I said it last year. Griffin needs to just punch somebody once or delivery a VERY hard foul once in retaliation... and it will stop. Kenyon Martin told Griffin the same thing. Stand up for yourself by knocking somebody out (like he did Karl Malone) or it will continue. If Griffin just manhandles somebody once... the rest of the league will think twice.

Sure he will get a 5+ game suspension....... but it may be worth it for the long term and WOULD extend his career greatly.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

look, I'm definitely not a fan of Blake's personality, but the second and third videos had only minor contact and were borderline "shoves" at best. The shove on Chalmers warranted a throw down, but the other two are nothing.

As a Clips fan it's hard to accept that Blake is a douche, but you don't have to be a fun guy to have a beer with to be great at basketball. TNT's newest addition Shaquille O'neal can tell you all about that.

Blake is really immature for a twenty two year old, and I expect that as he matures mentally/emotionally, his game will improve as well. Hopefully his whining, shoving, and general arrogant demeanor will lessen. Competitive drive is great-- thinking you own the world is not.
    Last edited by FindingTim; 01-16-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    look, I'm definitely not a fan of Blake's personality, but the second and third videos had only minor contact and were borderline "shoves" at best. The shove on Chalmers warranted a throw down, but the other two are nothing.

As a Clips fan it's hard to accept that Blake is a douche, but you don't have to be a fun guy to have a beer with to be great at basketball. TNT's newest addition Shaquille O'neal can tell you all about that combination of traits.

Blake is really immature for a twenty two year old, and I expect that as he matures mentally/emotionally, his game will improve as well. Hopefully his whining, shoving, and general arrogant demeanor will lessen. Competitive drive is great- thinking you own the world is not.
    Blake definitely is cocky and comes off as a douche on the court. They aren't paid to be likable. I personally PREFER cocky, trash talking players that will do anything to win like Blake does. If he stops going after refs and costing us defensive possessions I'll be happy. Him acting like a dick or douche though doesn't mean sh** to me.