Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain how a lack of upper body strength is going to so severely hold him back. Legs are actually far more important.
    He avg 11rpg in college. His lack of upper body strength will come into play on the offensive and defensive glass when he tries to rebound.

Banned

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Because he avg 6 3pt attempts per game as a freshman. And has shot 8 or more 3pt'ers 9 times last season.

His ball handling needs work. Does have Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Tmac ball handling abilities yet. They are good but they need to be better to suit his athletic ability as he drives to the rim. And also whats married with ball handling can be his physical strength which is needed when he does decide to drive. His game will most likely mirror Dirk but he is more athletic so he wont look like a STIFF out there (like Dirk does dispite his performance). But neither will back you down, have a low post game (I like Durants fadeaway over Dirk 1 hop step crap) until Durant gets stronger.

Like i said I dont expect amazing things like many see as a rookie. We'll see what happens but i think his lack of strength will limit him until he gets stronger. Durant is a scorer and a good shooter but I dont see Ray Allen out there. So maybe Durant shoots shoots and shoots his rookie season like he is Ray Allen (his teammate to be hopefully)

We agree he isnt strong and needs to improve his ball handling. By year 3 he will be a lock as a top 10 player and more than likely arguably a top 5 player. Those are my expectations. Oden and Durant by year 3 = will do that.
    That's what I've been saying all along. Will be forced to shoot a lot of jumpers and better hope they're falling. He will be very good in the future. End thread.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Quote Originally Posted by hippos
    I'll let you take the easy road out. Have no time for guys that pretend to know about stuff they don't.
    What are you trying to say then, man?

What kind of numbers do you think Durant is going to put up as a rookie?

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Because he avg 6 3pt attempts per game as a freshman. And has shot 8 or more 3pt'ers 9 times last season.

His ball handling needs work. Does have Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Tmac ball handling abilities yet. They are good but they need to be better to suit his athletic ability as he drives to the rim. And also whats married with ball handling can be his physical strength which is needed when he does decide to drive. His game will most likely mirror Dirk but he is more athletic so he wont look like a STIFF out there (like Dirk does dispite his performance). But neither will back you down, have a low post game (I like Durants fadeaway over Dirk 1 hop step crap) until Durant gets stronger.

Like i said I dont expect amazing things like many see as a rookie. We'll see what happens but i think his lack of strength will limit him until he gets stronger. Durant is a scorer and a good shooter but I dont see Ray Allen out there. So maybe Durant shoots shoots and shoots his rookie season like he is Ray Allen (his teammate to be hopefully)

We agree he isnt strong and needs to improve his ball handling. By year 3 he will be a lock as a top 10 player and more than likely arguably a top 5 player. Those are my expectations. Oden and Durant by year 3 = will do that.
    I think that is being optimistic, but it would be great to see.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Oden had lackluster games agaisnt MSU too.....I guess it was just a fluke.

How did I get busted, Get Buckets? I said he was forced to take threes, Gobb disagreed. Where was I busted?
    You talked about how the MSU forwards made him play such a bad game when he had 21 points, 9 boards, and 4 blocks. HE was just off from three. You should knock off the nonsense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You talked about how the MSU forwards made him play such a bad game when he had 21 points, 9 boards, and 4 blocks. HE was just off from three. You should knock off the nonsense.
    What nonesense. Why did he take 8 threes then? Is he just too stupid to know when he has a clear advantage then? Myabe GM's should be worried about his stupidity more than his athleticism.

What nonesense. Why did he take 8 threes then? Is he just too stupid to know when he has a clear advantage then? Myabe GM's should be worried about his stupidity more than his athleticism.
    That is my concern with the whole 'can't bench 185' thing. If he was too dumb to either get in the weight room for a few months or pass on the lift, then I would be concerned about his decision making ability.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Why is Durant's bench so important yet people ignore the fact that Greg Oden decline to take part?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    When I was 16-17 or so, I went with my friend in the morning's to the local gym. I was around 180 pounds at the time (I'm 6'1") and had never lifted a weight in my life, nor done much manual labor of any sort. I had no problem doing 2-3 sets of 10 reps at 185 pounds.

I mean, I agree with you that everyone's different, but it's still pretty surprising that a guy who's in such great shape wouldn't be able to do it, since you'd think that he would have done other sorts of similar strength-building exercises over the years (push-ups, resistance training etc.) just by virtue of being active. I mean, not being able to do a set I can understand, but one rep?

exactly, it is very weird.

and Gobb, it is easy.

I love how people make excuses for a giant not being able to push a feather off his chest.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Why is Durant's bench so important yet people ignore the fact that Greg Oden decline to take part?

wrong

He avg 11rpg in college. His lack of upper body strength will come into play on the offensive and defensive glass when he tries to rebound.
    He's probably not getting 11 boards no matter what, and even that is more about leg strength (and sheer hustle) anyway. Leg power is how you establish post position and how you get up in the air. The upper body strength does matter some but it's a lot less important overall.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    I think you are representative of Laker fans that people love to hate. Now quit annoying people.

Wow, then you think too highly of me. I'm flattered. I didn't know that you respect me so much. Thank you.

I forgot how determined you are to criticize Durant (and what lousy posts you make anyway). My mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Oden didn't do it because he didn't want to risk re-injuring his wrist. Do you really think he's weak? The guy is obviously powerful. I seriously would not care what Oden's bench is if I was a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    exactly, it is very weird.

and Gobb, it is easy.

I love how people make excuses for a giant not being able to push a feather off his chest.
    Make excuses? I couldnt bench press 185 when i first started lifting. Too me awhile. Fatboy cant bench 185.

Thats 2 people. How are we making excuses again? I've played basketball, baseball, soccer, boxed. I was always active in sports. Was unfamiliar with weight lifting. When i tried it i was horrible. Why is Durant exempt at age 19? We dont even know if he ever lifted before. No one lifts before HS generally. So from ages 14-18 we are gonna ASSume Durant did?

His own Head Coach said lifting weights was never a top priority or that big of a deal. Durant played 35 college games. August to March. Thats 8 months. The time frame is short. When Durant comes out and says "I've never lifted weights in HS" what are you gonna say? Sorry for shytting on him for not being able to push 185 off his chest once?

Sure eventually Durant will HAVE to get stronger and in essence he will be pushing 185 off his chest with ease. And getting stronger will better help him in the NBA to become an elite player. But that aside until he is taught how to lift, until he is on a weight training program...why diss the guy? Again Joe Schmoe isnt coming off the street and pushing off 185 once without ever lifting weights. Unless he is naturally strong and Durant isnt. Not an excuse its called a reality. Wake up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    What are you trying to say then, man?

What kind of numbers do you think Durant is going to put up as a rookie?
    On Seattle, he could put up a lot because Allen is the only scorer on that team.

18-20ppg/4-5rpg/1-2apg.

But say he he took Deng's spot on Chicago. He'd average about 14/6/2.