Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Westbrook college dunks - WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Dude is a sick athlete. One of the best in the world currently, and probably ever.

Hes as strong as a bull, insanely fast, nimble, quick and extremely agile. On top of that, he never gets injured outside of the freak occurrence last playoffs.
    Easily up there as perhaps the most explosive PG ever i think, D.Rose is up there aswell.... Robert Pack wasnt to shabby either... Steve Francis...

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Dude is a sick athlete. One of the best in the world currently, and probably ever.

Hes as strong as a bull, insanely fast, nimble, quick and extremely agile. On top of that, he never gets injured outside of the freak occurrence last playoffs.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Westbrook is an insane athelte no doubt about it.

I have always preferred Rose's dunks for some reason. I will never forget watching a game one day and seeing rose explode to the rim. I can't put a finger on it but there's something seriously special about it and d.rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D9fNb8blGo

Its probably just because Rose is shorter and less lanky so its more of a feat pound for pound.

Sorry not tryna hijack thread but how would u guys compare a fit rose and westbrooks athleticism? Both elite, yet differ
    Last edited by theaussieguy; 10-29-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Anyone have a GIF of this dunk but from a normal in game speed view?

RAAWWWWRRR!!
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 01-26-2015 at 01:22 PM.

NBA Superstar

It would be an honor to be some 7 foot college nobody and live to tell your grandkids that you were once dunked on by Russell Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Easily up there as perhaps the most explosive PG ever i think, D.Rose is up there aswell.... Robert Pack wasnt to shabby either... Steve Francis...
    Pre-injuries Kevin Johnson probably makes my top3 most athletic players ever at the PG position... Westbrook probably being #1.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Not a clean flush 6/10.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    Unreal if he would've completed that. Reminds me so much of young Jordan in how fearless he is and how he wants to make everything a dunk or poster.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Anyone have a GIF of this dunk but from a normal in game speed view?

RAAWWWWRRR!!

I'd make a gif myself but youtube doesn't let you download their videos anymore

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Obviously if he's throwing massive dunks down in the NBA, he did it in college as well.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LeGOAT
    Westbrook was actually a bad athlete up until his senior year in highschool
    I think it was just that he did have that physical attributes until his senior year. I remember that when I was reading about when UCLA recruited him that he was a late bloomer and was not until he grew to 6-1 in his senior year and got his first dunk in the game. Many think he will be that defensive stopper but he also grow a couple of inch in college and when Collison went down , he stepped up big time. He was not really hyped as an NBA prospect coming out of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill

I'd make a gif myself but youtube doesn't let you download their videos anymore
    That's cool because I like the view more, but its still not the live game angle

What do you mean, Youtube doesn't let you download their videos anymore? YouTube Downloader? (Free YouTube Download)

Westbrook was such a scrub at UCLA< but his yams were yamms

He's a great leaper, none of what you dissect matters here because:

1% of footage exists ONE PERCENT

ONE RANDOM PERCENT

Take one random percent of Vince Carters career, and he's a shitty looking leaper on film too. Seriously. I don't think you understand how few and far between a highlight reel dunk with extreme elevation happens, either that or you don't understand how few 1% is. Westbrook doesn't jump high on 3 break aways? Cool. He only dunks what, 10 times in the footage I've got? We're missing what, 1,000 of his career dunks?

Including several descriptions where it is specifically stated he took off from the free throw line, and 3 instances of shattering a backboard. Who cares if he's taking it easy on three break aways in this footage was he supposed to have leaped as high as was humanly possible every damn time he ran a fast break? And he from standing position grabs the middle of the backboard trying to block someones shots in this footage, that is incredibly explosive leaping ability. Lebron, one of the "greatest athletes ever" in league history, and I've watched about 30 Cavs games so far this season. None of what I've seen in any of those 30 games would convince any of you guys he was a "40 inch vertical" player. It takes rare plays to really showcase great athletes showing how high they can elevate. There's like 14 random games worth of Westbrook on film. Roll the dice, take 14 random games of Lebron, or Vince. You will have a tough time finding footage that does their athleticism they displayed throughout their careers justice. There's a lot more routine plays and vanilla dunks than highlight ones.