Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Thibs needs to bring Noah or Gasol off the bench.

No more of them starting together. They are great together once in a while and I'm not saying Thibs shouldn't play them together at all. But I think one needs to start and one needs to come off the bench.

Starting lineup:

C: Noah
    PF: Taj
    SF: Dunleavy
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rose

Bench:

C: Gasol
    PF: Mirotic
    SF: McDermott/Snell
    SG: Hinrich
    PG: Brooks

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Default Re: Thibs needs to bring Noah or Gasol off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    No more of them starting together. They are great together once in a while and I'm not saying Thibs shouldn't play them together at all. But I think one needs to start and one needs to come off the bench.

Starting lineup:

C: Noah
    PF: Taj
    SF: Dunleavy
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rose

Bench:

C: Gasol
    PF: Mirotic
    SF: McDermott/Snell
    SG: Hinrich
    PG: Brooks

Nope. Gotta start Gasol, since his offense is key to a fast start. I would put taj in the starting lineup for a week and see how that goes. Noah can't score right now at all.

College superstar

I don't understand us Bulls fans.

In the offseason, we're quick to forgive, and expect great things... then once the season starts, it's all negative. Any rough streak is a "sky is falling" moment.

What gives?

The roster is solid. It's just not healthy. Let everyone get healthy, get acclimated, and we'll be fine. There are probably 6 true contenders for the title this year, and we're one of them... Thunder, Spurs, Bulls, Cavs, Warriors, Hawks.

I don't see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    The roster is solid. It's just not healthy. Let everyone get healthy, get acclimated, and we'll be fine.
    How long can we keep making this excuse for the Bulls? At this point, I'd say it's safe to say that this roster needs one hell of a fluke to have everyone healthy for an extended period of time. This roster is just flat out too injury prone. When one guy finally gets back, another, or two, go down. It's pretty safe to say that the Bulls will never have a healthy roster this season.

The only option for salvaging this season is a trade with a lot of moving parts.

As for bringing a healthy Joakim or Gasol off the bench, that's the worst of ideas. You'd just be creating more complex problems by doing that to any of those guys.

What is the great fixation on who starts and who comes off the bench?
    Thibs best season was when started Keith Bogans.
    Who cares as long as the best players/most effective ones play the major minutes esp the last 12 mins.