Default Jennings may have torn his left achilles tendon

"Jennings fell to the floor after planting on his left leg while guarding an inbounds pass. He immediately clutched the leg above his sneakers while writhing on the floor in pain.

Play was stopped after the Bucks scored on the other end of the court with 1:03 left in the quarter. Jennings left with 16 points against the team that drafted him in the first round in 2009.

The Pistons said Jennings would undergo further evaluation after the guard needed help getting to the locker room. He will miss Sunday night's game against the Raptors."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...ame-leg-injury

Ah man...so how does our playoff perspective look now? I think we can still sneak in with Augustin at the helm. But Jennings bball IQ had picked up greatly. He looked like he really bought into the SVG system.

As painful as this is, Dinwiddie will get some play now, which is good.

Default Re: Jennings may have torn his left achilles tendon

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...ame-leg-injury

Ah man...so how does our playoff perspective look now? I think we can still sneak in with Augustin at the helm. But Jennings bball IQ had picked up greatly. He looked like he really bought into the SVG system.

As painful as this is, Dinwiddie will get some play now, which is good.
    It all depends on what Augustin and Dinwiddie have.

However, honestly, the outlook isn't good if Jennings is out for the season.

Augustin hasn't been playing well since the 7 game streak ended. Dinwiddie has barely played at all.

As bad as this may sound, I went into the season wanting the Pistons to get one more good lottery pick. My prospects weren't high with the way the team was set up.

I still want this team to make it into the playoffs, but if they faulter, I won't be mad. We get one last lottery pick before we try to go for contender mode.

Hopefully resign Monroe because he looks happy out there with Drummond. (They look like brothers having fun out there.)

Dinwiddie will get to study up on the speed of the game, KCP will get more responsibility.

Only person I'm worried about is Drummond. Jennings and Drummond started developing some really good chemistry. I was hoping it might get to the level of chemistry that Bynum and Drummond had.

NBA lottery pick

Well, I'd say the season is basically over now. As much as it bums me out to see Jennings get hurt it could be a blessing for the team too. Jennings was probably playing the best basketball of his career. It would have been enough to make the Pistons a 7 or 8 seed. And let's keep in mind that's the East too. I've always said the worst place a team can be in is being mediocre. It would have set the franchise back. Let's hope we can now get another decent lottery pick. Let's also hope we can develop Dinwiddie. I'd like to see what he can do. We need to not only get that lottery pick but hope they're not a bust. We don't have a chance at Okafur or Mudiay so there's no guarantees after that.

NBA lottery pick

There's also rumors that we may call up Lorenzo Brown from the D-League and the Pistons would like to trade for Knicks PG Pablo Prigioni (who they're trying to move).

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

^^ I hate the thought of trading for 37 year old Prigioni, would make FAR more sense to let Dinwiddie get the minutes and develop him,

This team, without Josh Smith has the second best record in the East over the past 20 games. I think without Josh Smith we are at the same level as the Wizards and Raptors of the world. I will be very surprised if we don't still sneak in to a #7 or #8 seed - DJ is capable of playing a solid role for us. But without Jennings I find it highly unlikely we can win a 7 game series. With Jennings, I could see us pushing for an upset in the first round...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    ^^ I hate the thought of trading for 37 year old Prigioni, would make FAR more sense to let Dinwiddie get the minutes and develop him,

This team, without Josh Smith has the second best record in the East over the past 20 games. I think without Josh Smith we are at the same level as the Wizards and Raptors of the world. I will be very surprised if we don't still sneak in to a #7 or #8 seed - DJ is capable of playing a solid role for us. But without Jennings I find it highly unlikely we can win a 7 game series. With Jennings, I could see us pushing for an upset in the first round...
    That's one of the worst things that could happen to the team though. I like what Augustin has done. It would really hurt the team if we were a 7 or 8 seed though.