Default Nikola Jokic for Most Improved Player of the Year

He's the next best International Big Man in the NBA. I love his game. Good passer, defender and scorer.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Nikola Jokic for Most Improved Player of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He's the next best International Big Man in the NBA. I love his game. Good passer, defender and scorer.
    Karl anthony towns

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Can shoot from 3/midrange. Crafty inside. Excellent basketball IQ. Not a great athlete and doesn't offer alot of rim protection. His defensive metrics were good and from the eye test he struggled occasionally but had really good defensive positioning and quick hands for a big man. Had some crazy passes for a big man. Had a game with 9 dimes vs Charlotte.

Didn't get the minutes or involved enough in the offense to fully break out as a rookie. Still managed to finish 3rd in ROY voting but I think he's got legit star potential. More so than Mudiay who had more hype than him at the start of the year.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Can shoot from 3/midrange. Crafty inside. Excellent basketball IQ. Not a great athlete and doesn't offer alot of rim protection. His defensive metrics were good and from the eye test he struggled occasionally but had really good defensive positioning and quick hands for a big man. Had some crazy passes for a big man. Had a game with 9 dimes vs Charlotte.

Didn't get the minutes or involved enough in the offense to fully break out as a rookie. Still managed to finish 3rd in ROY voting but I think he's got legit star potential. More so than Mudiay who had more hype than him at the start of the year.
    His defense is great. He just not a highlight blocker. You can be a great defender and not rack up blocks. He smart and always in the right position. This is why his defensive metrics is so high.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    His defense is great. He just not a highlight blocker. You can be a great defender and not rack up blocks. He smart and always in the right position. This is why his defensive metrics is so high.
    Yeah he has great positional defense. Just that if I had to pick out a issue with his game it would be as a C/6'11 guy he doesn't really offer the rim protection you typically want. Guards can go at him. He'll be fine vs opposing bigs. Even than he averaged .6 blocks in 22 minutes a night as a rookie. He's typically in the proper position so in 2-3 years could be something he improves on.

I think Nurkic can be that defensive anchor and if Jokic can transition into a PF for stretches than it wouldn't even matter. Guess I just like when a C can anchor your defense and scare guards away from living in the paint.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Yeah he has great positional defense. Just that if I had to pick out a issue with his game it would be as a C/6'11 guy he doesn't really offer the rim protection you typically want. Guards can go at him. He'll be fine vs opposing bigs. Even than he averaged .6 blocks in 22 minutes a night as a rookie. He's typically in the proper position so in 2-3 years could be something he improves on.

I think Nurkic can be that defensive anchor and if Jokic can transition into a PF for stretches than it wouldn't even matter. Guess I just like when a C can anchor your defense and scare guards away from living in the paint.
    Nurkic should step in that role

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Karl anthony towns
    KAT really isn't international though, if you wanna split hairs.

Looked like Tim Duncan out there. Heck he was even better than International Timmy!