Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Joel Embiid Era Starts Tonight!!

Joel looks winded now. GOtta be fun once he gets used to the speed of the NBA game and get in shape and healthy

Honestly. For his firrst NBA preseason game against another team. He looked great. got tired quickly by 2nd quarter. He was doubled most of the time he gets the ball. Means he's a threat in the post

Joel talks on O and D which I would say is pretty rare for a rookie. He's already getting triple teams thrown at him which he hasn't been able to handle...but 1) that's to be expected since dude hasn't played ball in 2 yrs and 2) philly offense is trash except him. He changed a few shots by the rim and I think blocked two. He works hard for position on offense and showcased some pretty sick range and a turnaround (though has been inconsistent). Had one break that he led and shovel passed off showing his nice handles even though it didn't end in a bucket. He's just really gotta get great at watching the defense when he's got the ball in the post or it's gonna be turnover city.

Overall, he actually does look special out there, even if the stats don't necessarily show it. Definitely superstar potential

Edit: He definitely also looks to be the dude you run the offense through, so not sure how okafor gonna fit into that...

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Joel talks on O and D which I would say is pretty rare for a rookie. He's already getting triple teams thrown at him which he hasn't been able to handle...but 1) that's to be expected since dude hasn't played ball in 2 yrs and 2) philly offense is trash except him. He changed a few shots by the rim and I think blocked two. He works hard for position on offense and showcased some pretty sick range and a turnaround (though has been inconsistent). Had one break that he led and shovel passed off showing his nice handles even though it didn't end in a bucket. He's just really gotta get great at watching the defense when he's got the ball in the post or it's gonna be turnover city.

Overall, he actually does look special out there, even if the stats don't necessarily show it. Definitely superstar potential

Edit: He definitely also looks to be the dude you run the offense through, so not sure how okafor gonna fit into that...
    Can okafor try to be a stretch 4? Lol. Well embid is there for defense already. so i dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by To4
    Can okafor try to be a stretch 4? Lol. Well embid is there for defense already. so i dunno.
    I mean I could see it. I certainly didn't watch enough of Okafor to make any definitive statements but maybe a Boozer-esc role for him on this team? Idk, I would like to hear from a Philly fan who watched a bunch of games...but those may be hard to find

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Not going to lie, it has been a tough week but i'm pretty happy right now

Sixers need to trade Noel and/or Okafor for some guard depth. Stack some shooters around Embiid and wait for Simmons to return.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

EMBIID >>>>>>>>> OKAFOR

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

If he stays healthy,them he will be ready to have a breakout year next year. I don't think he'll get his wind before the end of this season.

Dunking on everybody in the park Gatorade Sax's Avatar

The darkest horse for ROTY?

Very good NBA starter

Embiid is special. In the 12 minutes I saw, I saw a smart player, an athletic player with instincts offensively and defensively.

This kid could be a 22-25ppg 12rpg 2-3 block anchor like a Duncan.

god bless this niggga tbh, he's what this league needs.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    I mean I could see it. I certainly didn't watch enough of Okafor to make any definitive statements but maybe a Boozer-esc role for him on this team? Idk, I would like to hear from a Philly fan who watched a bunch of games...but those may be hard to find
    You could see Okafor as a stretch 4? He is slower than a pack mule and near worthless defensively when he has 9 sq feet to protect. Put him in space and let the LOLing ensue.

Can you imagine watching Okafor at the 3 point line guarding LeBron/KD/Millsap? Im chuckling just thinking about it.

Okafor was born 25 years too late to be useful on a basketball court.

I just hope Embiid can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    You could see Okafor as a stretch 4? He is slower than a pack mule and near worthless defensively when he has 9 sq feet to protect. Put him in space and let the LOLing ensue.

Can you imagine watching Okafor at the 3 point line guarding LeBron/KD/Millsap? Im chuckling just thinking about it.

You done messed up.

Okafor is going to be a 20/10 guy for the next 10-12 years. He just has way too much going for him to NOT do so. Huge hands, soft touch, light feet, big booty to shield defenders, great post game, feel for the game and huge wingspan. That's just way too much in his toolbox.

His D will be an issue in space but he'll be a dominant offensive player. That's a guarantee.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

Ok, how does Aldridge/Gasol - Gobert/favors - Sabonis/Adams work? Oak and Embiid are athletically superior to them.