Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Last Of Us campaign length 12-15hrs?

Rose we can just wait until the price drop then. Then we can all get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    40? sure. Especially since games are dropping that low about 6 weeks after release.
    This. I'm not sure how many games I'll be getting for the full 60 anymore.

Rose do you like Skyrim? It's really gay but you can play it for hundreds of hours.

You better not be this stingy with the pool house.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Replay ability varies for me. Sometimes I'll replay a game dozens of times (Mass effect 1&2) or sometimes just once: Uncharted I did just for one-two chapters to see where I missed the treasure.

IMO the horror story game only works once, and I like to replay games to see what I missed.

With that said "15-20 hours" probably means beat the game in 12. Therefore not a real $60 purchase.

40? sure. Especially since games are dropping that low about 6 weeks after release.
    Okay but that's completely circumstancial.
    I hope you're not implying that you trade in quantatity over substance. Would you rather play 60 hours of mediocrity or 12 hours of excitement?
    12-15 hours is actually a pretty long "story-mode", most don't last this long. None of previous Naughty Dog titles were ever this long.

You need to read some previews about the game; it's highly explorational. You'll have to craft your own weapons, strategize your route/combat etc.

You say 15-20 hours = about 12; I think it's the other way around for this game. You can turn those 12-15 hours into 20+ easily...

Have you done any research about this game?

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    lol you people are funny. A movie is on average under 2hrs but you will pay ten dollars to watch it in the theaters or 20 to own it on blu ray. But if a game gives you 6-7 times more entertainment, that is even more engrossing and involves more of your senses, then it's not worth it?

Tetris can be played for thousands of hours. But I would take 12hrs of Last of US over 12hrs of Tetris. It's not just how much time of your life you can waste, it's the attention to detail, the graphics, the AI, the overall atmosphere, storyline, etc.

Personally, I prefer a shorter game, because I dont have time to play games ad nauseum, and once I take a lengthy period of time away from a game at the end stages then I will probably never go back to it again.

20hrs is the perfect time to put into a story driven game.
    I still have yet to understand why people are using this analogy.

MOVIES =/= GAMES

You WILL NOT sit through a MOVIE for more than 3-4 HOURS. your brain will start to shut down and it will begin to drag...

I'm pretty sure you can play a game 3-4 hrs in a day without having it drag, if the game is interesting. Is that really all you want? To play a 12 hour game for 3 days and finish it for $60?

you can watch a movie every day (1-2hrs) and pay $10~ every time. for 6 days you would spend $60. Thats more days of entertainment than the video game.

and lol @ some people saying they will take there ''time''. Why should you have to? If you want to wander from the path go ahead but you shouldn't HAVE TO to get more play time out of the game if you already knew this game is gonna be long.
    Last edited by talkingconch; 05-28-2013 at 01:26 PM.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

If I had a PS3 I would get this game at $60 because I know it would take me longer to beat. I don't sit and play hours straight and I also explore with all my games. A 15hr game becomes a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Rose do you like Skyrim? It's really gay but you can play it for hundreds of hours.

You better not be this stingy with the pool house.
    No. I hate ANYTHING bethesda.

Rad=awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    Okay but that's completely circumstancial.
    I hope you're not implying that you trade in quantatity over substance. Would you rather play 60 hours of mediocrity or 12 hours of excitement?
    12-15 hours is actually a pretty long "story-mode", most don't last this long. None of previous Naughty Dog titles were ever this long.

You need to read some previews about the game; it's highly explorational. You'll have to craft your own weapons, strategize your route/combat etc.

You say 15-20 hours = about 12; I think it's the other way around for this game. You can turn those 12-15 hours into 20+ easily...

Have you done any research about this game?
    AC games are generally around 20-30(sometimes more) If you go for at least 90%
    Mass Effect games take at least 20+ if you do half the sidequests.
    RDR I'm not even sure how long that takes. GTA is somewhat the same in that regard.
    Demon's soul is a good what 30? 40? maybe more.

etc etc. Point being 12-15 is fairly weak for a top tier game.

And that's just off the top of my head three franchises with vastly longer gameplay. 15 hours=not worth it. I was HIGHLY excited about this game. I still am, but I'm sorry "12-15" is not worth it at this stage of the console.

Hell I think I spent about 13 or so on Tomb Raider getting 96% completion.

No. I hate ANYTHING bethesda.

Rad=awesome.
    I was liking Fallout but then I hit a glitch and couldn't progress and my last save was a couple hours back and I didn't feel like replaying. But skyrim is super gay. Mostly because fantasy is super gay. Dragons

Half the reason I want to get this game is to explore an apocalyptic northeast United States. Pittsburgh is a location so I'm definitely interested to see how my hometown is built.

I definitely think this game will be more time consuming than something like Uncharted because it won't be as linear in its game play.

Banned

I was liking Fallout but then I hit a glitch and couldn't progress and my last save was a couple hours back and I didn't feel like replaying. But skyrim is super gay. Mostly because fantasy is super gay. Dragons
    Fantasy >> reality

12-15 is fine by me. Take my money, Naughty Dog!

PS: If you preorder at Best Buy, you get a $20 gift certificate. Problem soloved..

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    PS: If you preorder at Best Buy, you get a $20 gift certificate. Problem soloved..
    ..... as long as you already paid the $15 for the gamer subscription through Best Buy. Of course I'm a member since after pre-ordering 3 games you basically get one free

3-time NBA All-Star

As per the OP..... a 12-15 story will take me at least 40 hours, spread over maybe 3-4 hours per week max will last me a couple months.

Just enough time until GTA V

Skyrim is atleast a top 5 ps3 game. The game was almost perfect.