Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: phil jackson should try to get anthony davis

At the end of the day, Davis has to make a decision. Does he want to be ridiculed for being the greatest pelican ever, or the greatest Knick ever. Those are two shameful honors (pelicans for the name, knicks for obviously being the worst franchise ever, not naming two other teams), so he has to choose which is less shameful and which has a better opportunity to win a ring. And that's Pelicans x10. Even the greatest coach of all-time running basketball operations can't save the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    how do i know?
    how did riley get bron?
    how did cotton fitzsimmons (was it him) get barkley?
    how did red holzman get earl the pearl?

**** knows, it's not my fukkin job, dumbass.

why should he NOT try to get anthony davis if he wants to win a championship? i didnt say it's easy,
    i'm not saying next year, but it's phil freakin jackson if anyone could convince davis to play for the knicks, it's him.

what else should he do? melo? nah. kevin love? fukkouttahere. rondo+somebody? aint cuttin it....
    Why don't you ****ing learn about contracts before you start talking shit.

The next 2 years of Davis are TEAM options. That means he's locked up for those 2. Then he's a restricted free agent, and that means if he trys to sign somewhere else the pelicans will match the max contract and they have him for another 4. If he just resigns with them straight up they have him for 5 years on that contract. If he refuses to sign anything then he plays on a restricted offer for one year then is unrestricted.

Pelicans have Davis locked up for the next 3-8 years.

Knicks need to worry about having a good environment before they snag any super star. Why would anyone want to play for the knicks right now?
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 03-18-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Why don't you ****ing learn about contracts before you start talking shit.

The next 2 years of Davis are TEAM options. That means he's locked up for those 2. Then he's a restricted free agent, and that means if he trys to sign somewhere else the pelicans will match the max contract and they have him for another 4. If he just resigns with them straight up they have him for 5 years on that contract. If he refuses to sign anything then he plays on a restricted offer for one year then is unrestricted.

Pelicans have Davis locked up for the next 3-8 years.

Knicks need to worry about having a good environment before they snag any super star. Why would anyone want to play for the knicks right now?
    well, duh!
    answered it before. read the whole thread, homo!

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoSimoes
    3 years from now he will be a free agent, thats alot of time. even KD will end his contract b4 that, why dont you try him? he pretty good.
    i dont think kd would leave westbrook and ibaka.
    anthony davis has tyreke evans. thats a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    How many big men in today's league possess the skillset that Davis has on both ends of the floor? He's having a better 2nd NBA season than Duncan did if you look at individual stats. We all know big men are more valuable than wing scorers, & Davis is the most versatile big man in the league.