Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default To people who are in their 20s.. have you guys run into high school former classmates

and see how some of the people you consider "average" end up better off career wise than most of the smart kids.

Some football star at our high school was like an average B student. Now he's an investment banker.
    Then I know people who went to ivy league schools who even post graduation have no idea what they want to do.

Life is weird

Default Re: To people who are in their 20s.. have you guys run into high school former classmates

yeah man. u really just dont know where life will take you. but i still keep in touch with a few close friends from high school. When i see on facebook some of the fine honeys getting married and still looking fine, i'm like dam i should have tried to fck them when i had a chance.
    Last edited by riseagainst; 08-13-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Banned

Default Re: To people who are in their 20s.. have you guys run into high school former classmates

no, but keep up with a few on facebook.

i joined army right after hs. after army college. after college back to hometown, but by that time all the hs friends were long gone.

so now they're just facebook friends.

Sunshine State

I have several close high school friends I graduated with I still hang out with whenever we're all home.

But I do run into some at my work sometimes and other places, a lot of them are pretty well off, I was friends with some pretty smart/cool people. Some dropped out of school but are still doing well, some still in school, some in med school, some graduated with jobs.

There are a couple who are complete losers though that I run into, and that makes me feel pretty good.

I would say in general the better school someone went to -> better they are doing now. Stories like OP are the exception to the rule generally

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    no, but keep up with a few on facebook.

i joined army right after hs. after army college. after college back to hometown, but by that time all the hs friends were long gone.

so now they're just facebook friends.
    I'm still a student in university but yeah dude. A lot of my friends don't even have time to hang out. Either taking classes or doing summer abroads in different continent. I never thought all of this would go by so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    I have several close high school friends I graduated with I still hang out with whenever we're all home.

But I do run into some at my work sometimes and other places, a lot of them are pretty well off, I was friends with some pretty smart/cool people. Some dropped out of school but are still doing well, some still in school, some in med school, some graduated with jobs.

There are a couple who are complete losers though that I run into, and that makes me feel pretty good.
    I run into a few of these but some of them were close friends in high school. But career wise they never really had motivation. They do seem happier than they were in high school though. Good for them I guess.

Yeah I know ppl who somehow got into med school as early as 20-21, it's crazy.

High school doesn't mean shit.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    High school doesn't mean shit.
    Does for some.

Don't run into too many but always glad for the ones who are doing well. I'm happy where I'm at so I don't get upset when someone is doing "better" than I am. I always feel bad when I run into someone still working a shitty job tho seems like a lot of people I knew from HS are stuck in neutral.

I met a former basketball player who's working as a staff member at a gym.
    Some of my former classmates attend my uni, some even take the same classes as me.
    The rest: AWOL or I just don't care.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

most successful kid in my frat was a terrible student and dropped out to become a painter. In a few short years he's literally a millionaire.

I went to a middle of the road to sh*tty high school. A handful of students went on to become white collar professionals, most have blue collar type jobs but make good livings.

The majority of girls I take on dates are former classmates that I run into.

The majority of the time I am left fapping alone in the dark while looking at threads on ISH.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I would say in general the better school someone went to -> better they are doing now. Stories like OP are the exception to the rule generally

eh, i don't necessarily buy that, but i will say it's a bit easier to get into corporate america bachelor's level if you went to a more or less well known school.

The end all end all is your parents. If you got parents that work or are connected to the field you wanna get into you are on easy street.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Does for some.
    No not really. You'd have to do something criminal.