Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Roy = my new fave.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    But is it a really win to take on Murphy and Dunleavy's terrible contracts?
    Financially, no.

But if the team gets better as much as I think this trade improves Indiana, then it's worth it.

If it doesn't work out, you're stuck with Murphy and Dunleavy. But financially speaking that's not a WHOLE lot worse than being stuck with Harrington and Jackson. Financially it's worse, but on the court it's much better (for chemistry's sake).

I'm surprised that GS let go of Ike Diogu without getting Jermaine O'neal. I'd have thought they'd want a center back, but i guess they think that getting Harrington balances things out.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

anybody have any idea what indi's going to do on the guard front? do they have a backup for tinsley? do they have a starting caliber 2 guard?

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

anybody have any idea what indi's going to do on the guard front? do they have a backup for tinsley? do they have a starting caliber 2 guard?
    Marquis Daniels will probably slide over and play the point guard position on occasions. He's not a typical point but if they want to rest Tinsley for a few minutes here and there, Marquis an handle that job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    tinsley is injury prone too.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    Marquis Daniels will probably slide over and play the point guard position on occasions. He's not a typical point but if they want to rest Tinsley for a few minutes here and there, Marquis an handle that job.
    so do you think they'll have a three guard rotation with tinsley, daniels, and murphy? defensively challenged! they do have good shot blockers in the back line.

Roy = my new fave.

I've heard some real frustration aimed at Daniels from Pacer fans.

If he really stinks it up after this trade, it'll be bad for Indiana. He'll probably start at the two.

I suppose Granger can play some two, providing that the opposing two isn't SUPER quick. Granger's pretty darn good. I'd trust him guarding a lot of shooting guards.

Learning to shoot layups Ghost_Delay's Avatar

Golden State => pwnage
    They have enough options at SG that they don't even have to play Jackson if he turns out to be a cancer, Jasikevicius is a good fit for a running team, Harrington is going to be better than what Murphy was bringing so far this season.

Indiana now has the players to play the way Carlisle wants to: SLOW. Less dumb turnovers, less quality but a more efficient system. Probably a few things about Harrington & the others that we don't know about, bad chemistry etc..
    This gives Granger more time & gives them a very deep C-PF rotation (O'Neal, Foster, Baston, Harrison, Murphy, Diogu), I'm guessing they'll make another trade soon to get a guard.

Banned

makes sense for both teams. I'm surprised this just happened tho.

Made that high school varsity squad

This trade might eventually work out for both sides, but I think State is the clear winner in this trade, because they get back better talent and they become a stronger offensive team, especially when Jason Richardson comes back from injury (although he could be the next one gone, you never know). It's possible that Murphy and Dunleavy, Jr. could flourish in the East, they can't get any worse.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I think Golden State will be better off. They didn't need Troy, Ike, and Dunleavy is replacable. However, Indy needed Harrington and Jackson for scoring purposes. They must be banking that Troy is going to get back to being 15/10 player, which I hope so...but both him and JO like to jump shoot so I'll be interested how that works out.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

i didn't realize the trade made indi THAT deep up front. you're right. there is probably another trade coming.

Learning to shoot layups Ghost_Delay's Avatar

Could've known something was up when Don Nelson recalled O'Bryant, their rookie center from the D-League.

Indiana Owned Golden State.

Mike Dunleavy, Ike Diogu and Troy Murphy are going to own.

Jackson, Harrington and Sasha will do good to but i'm like this boost for the front court for pacers.

Damn, howd they pull that off

GS rapes the hell outta Indiana here. I mean Murphy is decent but extremely overpaid and Dunleavy sucks and is extremely overpaid also. Harrington can score, his contract doesn't suck as much as Murphy and Dunleavy's, and he fits in with what Nelly will want to do. Jackson is a headcase but I rather have him than Dunleavy. Jaseskivich or whatever his name is might flourish under Nelly too. They got all that for 2 horrible contracts and an undersized PF who wouldn't get any time on their team.