Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Diaw Fan

Default Re: would you trade kyle lowry for kyrie irving?

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Yep

+1

Last year we were hearing about Klow to Knicks and tanking for Wiggens at this time.

Mind you last year at this time in the season Klow for Irving would have been laughed at because we still had Rudy Gay and we had yet to have "all star" seasons from Demar and Klow (in my humble opinion).

Further I personally doubt that Klow could have had an All star like season in New York because of Melo / Bargnani / Chandler et al. Klow could of only accomplished what he did on maybe 3 teams.... Toronto, Houston, Indiana (?)

So in hindsight its a quasi mute question on the straight up.

It is amazing - to BR point - is that the 'general consensus' among the fans here was (1) tear it down to the ground (2) not one was untouchable (3) Collangelo was soon to be practicing retro history with the media (4) tank tank tank ala Philly for Wiggens and or the top 3.

Its not a slam on the people here : I think I was a cautious tear it down guy myself.

I certainly give Masai full credit to playing out the string patiently to evaluate what we had.

Turns out through patience or fluke of the trade or all of the above that we really ended up with character guys and high aspirations.

------

What will be very interesting is this :

In your opinion now are we (1) "1 player away" (2) "2 players away" or (3) one "all star away" from conference finals and maybe more ????

I see lots of singleton names thrown out there .. Durant Mislap ..I been throwing Monroe out there.... etc but how close are we really ???
    I would posit that we are JV entering his prime away from contending for ECF. He has shown flashes but I believe we've only seen like 60% of what he should be able to be. Most of our guys still have quite a bit of room to improve too. It'd be nice for Ross to make the next leap as well.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: would you trade kyle lowry for kyrie irving?

no kyle is the heart of this team and his lower contract gives us space for added talent