Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Are the 90's Bulls the most overrated team ever

I ask this question not as a knock on MJ because he is a top 3 player All Time. I also give proops to Phil Jackson and Pippen who could hold there own against any coach or SF. BUt is there anyone that believes that Jackson and Pippen would have made that big a difference that the Bulls would have beaten a healthy 80's Celtics, or a Isiah lead Piston. I dont think so. Often times when reading about the Greatest teams of all time I see the Bulls right up there and wonder why. Sure they won a lot of games in a era that had no other great team.has there ever been a championship era team that faced so little challenge ? The weakness at Center, PG, and lack of a bench scorer would kill them agaisnt other All Time teams. Now many of the kids will get on here that just started watching basketball in 90 and call me silly. BUt thats because they are to busy playing playstation to learn about the game.

Default Re: Are the 90's Bulls the most overrated team ever

72-10 that's why.

o yea 6 championships in 10 year is so overrated.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    In 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    lol, was thinking the same team. That was the only team I've ever seen that was a lock to win it every year they were together. Even in LA's 3 peat I wasn't sure they'd win it every year.

-Smak

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    lol, was thinking the same team. That was the only team I've ever seen that was a lock to win it every year they were together. Even in LA's 3 peat I wasn't sure they'd win it every year.

-Smak

Thats because there were always at least 3 other GREAT teams that would give them a fight. Unlike the Bulls who didnt have to beat or face another GREAT team in there prime in any of the 6 championships or getting there.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Why is that kids seem to want to think MJ wasn't as good as he really was? The guy dominated the league in those six years in a way that no other player has. He was the ultimate winner and the far and away the best player in basketball during those championship seasons. Michael's the best we've seen so far...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    72-10 that's why.
    in the watered down 90's ....

Dunking on everybody in the park 6thManOfTheYear's Avatar

i like how people consistently try to find excuses to why jordan is so great.

b-b-b-b-but the 90s was weak

Quote Originally Posted by 6thManOfTheYear

yea people say bullshit like that.

people will say that the 90's was a weak era and then say Grant Hill and Kevin Johnson were better players than Lebron and Chris Paul.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

87 Lakers, 86 Celtics, and 72 Lakers were all better.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Why is that kids seem to want to think MJ wasn't as good as he really was? The guy dominated the league in those six years in a way that no other player has. He was the ultimate winner and the far and away the best player in basketball during those championship seasons. Michael's the best we've seen so far...
    He's the best youyou've ever seen because you never saw Wilt. There is an something called books read about how Wilt dominated thaen tell me MJ dominated more than Wilt did. I would say the ultimate winner is a guy with 2 NCAA championships, a Olympic Gold, and 11 Rings. This isnt about how Great MJ was he was great early in his career and still was getting swept in the First round against Boston and Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado
    in the watered down 90's ....

Ah yes, arguably the greatest era of big men with some of the most talented players ever. Tell me: how were the 90's watered down? And did you even watch a game in the 90's?

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    He's the best youyou've ever seen because you never saw Wilt. There is an something called books read about how Wilt dominated thaen tell me MJ dominated more than Wilt did. I would say the ultimate winner is a guy with 2 NCAA championships, a Olympic Gold, and 11 Rings. This isnt about how Great MJ was he was great early in his career and still was getting swept in the First round against Boston and Detroit.
    And the best players on his team were a coked up Woolridge, Oakley, and later a young not great Pippen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 6thManOfTheYear

all the expansion teams and the influx of high school kids during the 90's watered down the league.