Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tolerant Liberals

Default Anyone tried switching to the one-motion jumpshot?

Began practicing with it earlier in this week and I phucking feel like steph curry. The shot is so dam quick and effortless. It feels super consistent, accurate, and reliable from beyond my normal range. Cant wait to get back into the gym to keep putting up those shots.

I also feel that the power from my legs are being properly used, since I am shooting the ball when I am still on my way up. I also have a very natural forward swing in terms of my feet landing closer to the basket.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone tried switching to the one-motion jumpshot?

I can do it from downtown, but mid-range is a different story. I have to be at/near my peak before releasing the shot from there.

I can do it from downtown, but mid-range is a different story. I have to be at/near my peak before releasing the shot from there.
    Same. I've always had a quick release from deep, but I can't see how to get accuracy and consistency inside the arc.

If you want to truly hack the game of basketball, try shooting one-motion Js off the glass near the baseline. Aim for the upper corner of the square. It goes in every time.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Same. I've always had a quick release from deep, but I can't see how to get accuracy and consistency inside the arc.

If you want to truly hack the game of basketball, try shooting one-motion Js off the glass near the baseline. Aim for the upper corner of the square. It goes in every time.
    This shit is real op. Turnaround in the post with a smaller defender from 12-15 feet out = 75%clip.

One-motion>two if ur a shorter player most of the time. Exceptions wud be KD. Just make sure ur other mechanics like hip/elbow/wrist/hand/feet are consistent each time.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    One-motion>two if ur a shorter player most of the time. Exceptions wud be KD. Just make sure ur other mechanics like hip/elbow/wrist/hand/feet are consistent each time.
    Much easier with one-motion shot. Also it conserves a ton of energy.

Decent playground baller

one motion is great for pull up jumpers but for all around scorers the best shot motion is the 2 motion. you can do so much more with it as it allows you to score off hang times, fadeaways, and other acrobatic shots.

My shot naturally developed into one motion because of lack of height and arm strength. Makes it waaaay easier for me to shoot. More accurate, faster, quick enough to go over defenders. Now, I play like Nick Young with a Steph Curry shot

Switch? I've been shooting one-motion jumpshots since I was like 8.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne92
    one motion is great for pull up jumpers but for all around scorers the best shot motion is the 2 motion. you can do so much more with it as it allows you to score off hang times, fadeaways, and other acrobatic shots.
    Yeah, I lost my fadeaway touch once I adjusted to one motion.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne92
    Those you'll have to go 2 motion cuz defenders are gonna be all up in your shit, depends on what kind of player you are though. PG's under 6'0 don't really need it unless they're being guarded by super short players

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Much easier with one-motion shot. Also it conserves a ton of energy.
    Yeah, once I switched to one-motion from two, I felt like my shoulders relaxed more.

Back when I could jump more than 2 inches I experimented with it, but it always felt uncomfortable. It felt like I was reverting back to shooting like I did as a kid. Now that I shoot basically a set shot I'm actually a much better shooter than when I had a jump shot. I think one-motion naturally lends itself to better accuracy, especially from deep.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Back when I could jump more than 2 inches I experimented with it, but it always felt uncomfortable. It felt like I was reverting back to shooting like I did as a kid. Now that I shoot basically a set shot I'm actually a much better shooter than when I had a jump shot. I think one-motion naturally lends itself to better accuracy, especially from deep.
    One-motion is dam close to a set shot. Just a set shot with some additional leg power. The release is so dam quick.

2 motion or a Hitch shot always seemed to allow the defense to recover....seems that most players today/younger players ( who are great shooters)always have 1 motion shot.....never break rhythm

this is how I shoot..