Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Name 5 Coaches Currently Coaching in The NBA Better Than Mark Jackson

lol

there are a ton of coaches better than mj.

Default Re: Name 5 Coaches Currently Coaching in The NBA Better Than Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    None of these guys have taken their teams to win the championship. Honestly, Mark Jackson could coach these teams with the same if not better success.
    Mark Jackson has taken his team to win the championship?

Mark Jackson had more talent than Stotts did, and Stotts beat the Rockets while Jackson lost.

Hornacek had noticeably less talent than Jackson, and his second best player was injured for a good amount of the year, and nearly made the playoffs in the stacked Western Conference.

Thibs? Don't even get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Completely disagree. Mark Jackson is a top 4 coach in the West. Who's better than him besides Pop, Doc, and Carlisle? Scott Brooks? Lol.. Guy can't even win with Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, etc.

Mark Jackson getting fired is a joke. Warriors front office are screwing this team over backwards.

They already screwed up with the whole Andre Iguodala trade and now this.
    sometimes i wish i cared enough to talk basketball on a forum. haye typing though

Thibs is absolutely better than Mark Jackson... That's really not even a debate.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Mark Jackson has taken his team to win the championship?

Mark Jackson had more talent than Stotts did, and Stotts beat the Rockets while Jackson lost.

Hornacek had noticeably less talent than Jackson, and his second best player was injured for a good amount of the year, and nearly made the playoffs in the stacked Western Conference.

Thibs? Don't even get me started.
    This is a great point. Before Bledsoe went down, Suns were #6 seed.

Jackson, from a job performance perspective, did improve the team incrementally. I think if he lost that series with a healthy Bogut, then you can make the case that he didn't maximize the team's playoff potential. The starting 5 is legit, but the bench is low on quality. I think Barnes' development slowed down (or he just doesn't have that high a ceiling, which certainly could be true). I do give him credit for helping Klay turn into a useful defender though. His offensive system leaves something to be desired, especially in such a tight conference.

I did get the feeling that for all his motivational speeches and calm demeanor, he deferred to assistants for Xs & Os by default seemingly. Plus, making your bosses mad and having some problems with assistants does not bode well for job security.

In WC, Jackson, IMO, is below Pop, Doc, Carlisle, Stotts, and Hornacek.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    Pop
    Doc
    Thib
    Carlisle
    MDA
    hornacek
    Jackson

Pop
    Doc
    Thibs
    Hornacek
    Carlisle
    Budeholzer

Maybe even Joerger and Brad Stevens.

Jackson was a pretty decent coach though, he made some weird lineup decisions at times but he wasn't fired for his on-court results, he was fired because he couldn't control his staff and didn't have a stable relationship with the owner.

Banned

i hate mark jackson but he did a brilliant job. dont know why the hell he got fired

there are 2 coaches that needed to get fired before Jackson. McHale and Adelman. thankfully, Adelman already resigned. McHale however is a hopeless piece of shit.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    Pop
    Doc
    Thib
    Carlisle
    MDA
    hornacek
    Jackson