Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Discuss Thunder, Kevin Durant now that Lakers eliminated them in round 1

The Thunder put up a good fight, but Lakers eliminated them in six games in round 1.

Discuss your new thoughts on Durant and the Thunder

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Discuss Thunder, Kevin Durant now that Lakers eliminated them in round 1

Artest AKA Durantula stopper.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Discuss Thunder, Kevin Durant now that Lakers eliminated them in round 1

Thunder - Blazers WCF next season.

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

he's a good player but not better than Carmelo.

Although he looks like a decent young man, it's hard to cheer for him when he didn't do anything but gets BS calls after BS calls in his favor.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

They are missing a couple of pieces from them being a huge threat. I was impress by Westbrook. I hardly watch the Thunders in the regular season, but it seemed Westbrook stepped up. Westbrook seemed like a leader.

It's too bad that Durant struggled, but Artest and the Lakers played some good D on him.

One decent 7 footer away from making one hell of a playoff run.

Banned

If the refs are still on their side next year they just need to avoid LA until the conference finals.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    They are missing a couple of pieces from them being a huge threat. I was impress by Westbrook. I hardly watch the Thunders in the regular season, but it seemed Westbrook stepped up. Westbrook seemed like a leader.

It's too bad that Durant struggled, but Artest and the Lakers played some good D on him.
    Durant is the leader don't get it twisted, he just isn't a playmaker he doesn't have that in his game.

young playmakers are like Russell Westbrook, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans

it is hard for a forward especially a young one to be a playmaker LeBron and Bird, Dr J are really the exception. It can be developed over time, a guy like Melo is much improved playmaker you see him sometimes getting 5-8 assists alot more than he use to.

To me right now Kevin Durant is really like the really rich mans version of Rudy Gay a guy that can score from everywhere on the court, is athletic, can get ot the line, but that's about it.

Value Ape.

Future looks bright for them. I think this year was a great learning experience for them. They need to learn to bounce back from a tough game (gm 5) a bit better, and they could use a tough big. But man what an upside they have.

College star

durant needs to stop shooting his team outta games..

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

The Thunder have a very bright future. They took the Lakers to 6 and were a block out away from going back to LA for a game 7. The fact that the Thunder were able to play the Lakers so tough despite Durant playing awful and shooting 35% for the series and Green playing awful while shooting 33% for the series is a really really good sign. Both Westbrook and Ibaka really stepped up and proved they have what it takes for the playoffs. Harden showed some really good flashes for a rookie and Kristic(although he did not play great) at times played well. The Thunder need to bring in a veteran guard to backup Westbrook and mentor Maynor a little. I like Maynor, but he needs to be more of a jason terry player but in a more limited role. They also need another big to fill the role Collison does. Collison is a good player, but he just does not have the size or athleticism that the Thunder need. If I was the Thunder I would go after Bosh with a sign and trade that included Green, Sefolosha, and Collison...If that works....i haven't run the numbers. I they added Bosh, a decent veteran backup pg, and a big body......I think they could definitely enter next year's playoffs as legit title contenders. What is so cool about how the Thunder were built is that they are going to have at least a 5-7 year title window if they make a few improvements.

Of course, everything I said above is contingent on Durant not playing so poorly in the playoffs. He wasn't terrible, but he was pretty bad. My guess is that it was just part of the process, and he'll be a man on a mission next year.

The team needs some girth badly. Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison just is not going to cut it.

Just saw the recap. I can't believe westbrook missed that open jumper from close range.

It's a shame

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease spursrule's Avatar

Would *LOVE* to have Durant come to San Antonio in same role as Duncan did to Robinson's twilight years, with Durant/Duncan new twin towers.

My basketball dream.