Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Is Derrick Rose all athleticism?

His dropoff since injury has been in the severe range to where he's not even close to a top 10 PG.

Banned

Default Re: Is Derrick Rose all athleticism?

Yes

Learning to shoot layups

He is a pretty good player.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Yeah pretty much. He must think he's curry out there the way he jacks up 3s. His ship for still being a superstar has sailed even though people won't admit it.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Second game back...and while his shooting wasn't great he was better and had more impact than dragic when they were both on the floor.

Of course he was...

Not a good playmaker, dumb as bricks, and can't shoot worth shit.

Yes, Derrick WAS all athleticism. Now he's just a really really bad basketball player who only gets PT because of reputation.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Of course he was...

Not a good playmaker, dumb as bricks, and can't shoot worth shit.

Yes, Derrick WAS all athleticism. Now he's just a really really bad basketball player who only gets PT because of reputation.
    agreeing with budadii.. world is coming to an end

He had an ACL tear which is a serious injury, and I dont know what Derrick Rose you have been watching but he is still athletic.
    It doesnt help that Thibs allows him to play like a dumbass.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    His dropoff since injury has been in the severe range to where he's not even close to a top 10 PG.
    "Not even close to top 10"? You're exaggerating a bit much there buddy. Dude still averages 18 and 5. Fringe all-star numbers. He has been very inconsistent and has been trying to find his rhythm in this very different Bulls team. It has been a struggle no doubt, but I still think he's a top 10 PG in this league. Once he gets into a flow and can remain healthy (god willing), I'm confident that MVP-lite Rose can emerge.

Banned

Athleticism and Touch. His split second decision making was at an elite level his MVP season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawly-G
    "Not even close to top 10"? You're exaggerating a bit much there buddy. Dude still averages 18 and 5. Fringe all-star numbers. He has been very inconsistent and has been trying to find his rhythm in this very different Bulls team. It has been a struggle no doubt, but I still think he's a top 10 PG in this league. Once he gets into a flow and can remain healthy (god willing), I'm confident that MVP-lite Rose can emerge.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Mawly-G
    Sorry but this is just wrong. He was nowhere near a top 10 pg this season. 18 5 on 40 fg %, crap defense and missing half a season is not anywhere near "fringe all star".

And sorry to burst your bubble but Rose won't be anywhere near Mvp level again. Hell i don't even expect him to play more than 60 games a season from here on out.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    Sorry but this is just wrong. He was nowhere near a top 10 pg this season. 18 5 on 40 fg %, crap defense and missing half a season is not anywhere near "fringe all star".

And sorry to burst your bubble but Rose won't be anywhere near Mvp level again. Hell i don't even expect him to play more than 60 games a season from here on out.
    Admittedly this is all wishful thinking on my part because I'm a huge DRose fan. I was just happy to see him out there playing at high level. He's been very polarizing this season, and has been hurt a lot, but hopefully he can build off of this season (and the upcoming playoffs) and see if he can improve next year.

Ever since the new rules on testing He can't Get Healthy anymore. Strange

I usually hit open layups emaugust's Avatar

Can he get a few games to play in from yet another injury before the jury comes out?

So unnecessary - you will see what Rose is about during the playoffs, very soon. Then there will be no doubt as to where he is at.

Lotta players need a season to get back to form anyhow so I will hold out hope for next year regardless.