Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Default Re: Kawhi or healthy Melo?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Is he? Kawhi seems like a more intimidating athlete to me. Faster, quicker, longer wingspan, etc.
    Kawhi is arguably more talented. He is smarter, better defender, etc, but the argumentation you have chosen don't seem the best in my opinion. Athleticism ≠ Talent. He is obviously the better athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    If I wanted to win championships, I'll take Kawhi
    If I wanted to win the lottery, I'll take Carmelo
    That doesn't even make sense. You act like aside from Melo and Kawhi, the teams they play on are exactly the same. Does Kawhi win championships on the Nuggets and Knicks? According to you, he does. Kawhi has 1 championship so far, not championships. I prefer Kawhi over Melo as well, especially being a Knicks fan. But if they switched teams, I am not expecting a championship with Kawhi either.

Very good NBA starter

lol @ the disrespect for Melo.

from 2013+2014 he put up 28/8/3/25 PER on very good efficiency (56.1% TS/112 ORTG) and was one of the very best shooters in the league (85% from the line, 45% from 10-16 feet, 44.4% from 16-23, 39% from three) AND was freaking amazing at taking care of the ball at a jordanesque 9.3% turnover rate.

his offensive impact at the 4 spot is extraordinarily.

in the 2013 he anchored the 3rd best offense in basketball with a bunch of role players, and finished 3rd in MVP voting.

he obliterates kawhi offensively. now it's fine if you think kawhi's defense makes up for all of that but people acting like it's not even close.

I'd take 2013 Melo without question. Just lol at the Melo hate and the Kawhi slurping.

I would love to see Kawhi lead a Mike Woodson coached team, with JR Smith and Raymond Felton as his 2nd and 3rd options...to 54 wins.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I'd take 2013 Melo without question. Just lol at the Melo hate and the Kawhi slurping.

I would love to see Kawhi lead a Mike Woodson coached team, with JR Smith and Raymond Felton as his 2nd and 3rd options...to 54 wins.

That team had Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd on it, right?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

TMelo is better, lead his college team to title, more scoring titles. Kawhi is gargage who is only decent becauae he plays for a system team witj the goat coach. Also kawhis team has duncan while melo has trash in new york

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopfan777
    TMelo is better, lead his college team to title, more scoring titles. Kawhi is gargage who is only decent becauae he plays for a system team witj the goat coach. Also kawhis team has duncan while melo has trash in new york
    LOL...................

SPURS WILL NOT WIN WITH MELO REPLACE

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

shit post this is leonard obviously

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

kawhi and still improving. melo playing like he did when he was a rookie. kawhi is a sponge and melo is a brick

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    That team had Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd on it, right?
    Chandler, Leonard, Shumpert and Kidd starting line-up would be insane defensively.

Melo shuts down for the season and all of a sudden it's "not close and Kawhi is better".

Kawhi has a HUGE defensive edge but Melo is a career 25ppg guy who can push near 30ppg.

Trade em straight up: Kawhi to the Spurs and Melo under Pop.... oh man. Y'all would be singing a different tune. If you think Kawhi players better after you make that straight up trade you don't understand basketball.

I'd rather have Boris Diaw srs. Melo is a team cancer. No one wants to play with a ball hog. Especially one that loses ever year.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Melo shuts down for the season and all of a sudden it's "not close and Kawhi is better".

Kawhi has a HUGE defensive edge but Melo is a career 25ppg guy who can push near 30ppg.

Trade em straight up: Kawhi to the Spurs and Melo under Pop.... oh man. Y'all would be singing a different tune. If you think Kawhi players better after you make that straight up trade you don't understand basketball.

45% regular season
    41% playoffs

Empty stats

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    45% regular season
    41% playoffs

Empty stats

They wouldn't be empty on the Spurs though, and imagine Kawhi playing on the New York Scrubs. That's all I'm saying. Kawhi is a great player but Melo would be godlike on a team with Tim Duncan on the other side of the lane and Parker/Ginobili handling the rock.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    They wouldn't be empty on the Spurs though, and imagine Kawhi playing on the New York Scrubs. That's all I'm saying. Kawhi is a great player but Melo would be godlike on a team with Tim Duncan on the other side of the lane and Parker/Ginobili handling the rock.
    Melo wouldn't be godlike because he would have to play unselfish in order to fit Pop's system, his offense would be more efficient but he wouldnt be putting up his usual 25ppg, Melo would most likely be posting up + offscreen 3 pointers rather than his usual isoball.